Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
SimVIP put the interview up!!  XML
Forum Index » The Sims 4
Author Message
Goldmoldar


Joined: 05/29/09 08:53 AM
Messages: 4963
Location:Cybercity
Online

alexspoom13 wrote:Wait, so there's a loading screen for every lot?


Sure enough a page from Sims 2, however, If the game runs smoothly I may buy it but not on the day of release I will leave that to the ones that is rushing to buy it and test the waters. However, I am seeing some smiles change to a frown when it was said there will be a loading screen from lot to lot regardless of how short it is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/14/14 01:30 AM


I7-4770K Liquid cooled, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, HD 1.5 GB 7200 RPM , 16 GB 1600 MHz, Nvidia 780 Ti Classified 3 GB, ASUS Blu-ray Burner, 850W PSU
Profile
XxAirixX


Joined: 03/16/13 01:48 AM
Messages: 684
Offline

I am confused. So there are five neighborhoods, does that mean each neighborhood has different districts?

I imagine some stuff in the game isn't counted as a lot, like some playground items and little things here and there that sims can use. Like how in Sims 3, there were parts of the world with trees and stuff that you couldn't edit, but sims can walk by them still.
Profile
mariecookie


Joined: 05/08/10 02:29 AM
Messages: 119
Offline

Reslek wrote:
SimGuruSemedi wrote:Now, when you're traveling between a world, a neighborhood, or a lot, you will incur a short load.


Ah... That's a bit of a worry. I was under the impression that an entire neighbourhood stayed active. Hopefully it's not as disruptive as you say, and the game still feels good even with this sort of boundary.


That's what I'm thinking. I didn't thing we would have loading screens if we were going to a lot in the same neighborhood. It's starting to sound a lot like a closed world to me... I'll wait until I see actual game play before I judge.
Profile
Goldmoldar


Joined: 05/29/09 08:53 AM
Messages: 4963
Location:Cybercity
Online

al456 wrote:
alexspoom13 wrote:Wait, so there's a loading screen for every lot?
NO! For every neighborhood, its a mix of The Sims 2 and the sims 3, very awesome!

Now, when you're traveling between a world, a neighborhood, or a lot, you will incur a short load. I hope they do show us a demo on how these lots are going to work before release and everything else that is new in the game. But the load time between lots is nothing new being we had them in Sims 2.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/14/14 01:08 AM


I7-4770K Liquid cooled, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, HD 1.5 GB 7200 RPM , 16 GB 1600 MHz, Nvidia 780 Ti Classified 3 GB, ASUS Blu-ray Burner, 850W PSU
Profile
BeASimmer


Joined: 10/30/11 07:40 PM
Messages: 292
Offline

I'm excited.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/14/14 01:19 AM


Profile
SimGuruSemedi


Joined: 05/26/10 12:18 AM
Messages: 405
Location:EA Headquarters
Offline

Angellulu wrote:
Thank you for wonderful information! BUT...

When you say we have a loading screen between lots, does it mean that when I would travel my Sim from home to lot that is included in the same neighborhood, he/she still has to go through a loading screen? What about the lively streets, can we be part of it, or is it out of reach? I'd like my Sims to walk on street outside as well, even if it is out of bounds from other lots. Will this happen?
I wouldn't want to be confined in a single lot, watching every other Sim have fun outdoors...


There is never a load screen when you walk off a lot into those public spaces in the neighborhood that you're in. By all means, have your Sim run out there and have fun! Every Sim you see at any time when you're playing can be reached and interacted with without any loading whatsoever.

You will need to load when you walk onto a different lot in the same neighborhood than the one that is currently your active lot. When you arrive there, that lot will become the active/loaded lot with Sims on it doing stuff, and all of the Sims who were in those public spaces in the neighborhood will still be there doing the same thing they were doing before you switched lots. Because time continues to pass while you're off in different neighborhoods, and Sims continue to simulate even when they aren't loaded, when you travel to a completely different neighborhood and then return to the first neighborhood, the Sims who were there previously will have changed.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Profile
suelorcha


Joined: 05/16/09 01:27 PM
Messages: 280
Offline

Graham said we have A world, Willow Creek.

Then said we can travel between ANY world.

So I'm confused by this. Is there one world or several? What can that mean?

He also said it was arbitrary to count lots in the world BECAUSE of free travel between lots, neighborhoods and worlds. I think what a lot of us want to know is how many households, sims can we have.
Profile
DaletheSim


Joined: 03/16/11 04:41 AM
Messages: 359
Offline

This interview raises more questions than it answered. It also raises concerns I had and kind of confirms things that I was hoping wouldn't be. It sounds like Maxis are using Glass Box again. If you don't know what that is it's the underlying system they used in Sim City. Now instead of one big town we have little pieces of town that are connected, same as SC. Each piece is only so big and you can't make it bigger, same as SC. There will be "short" loading screens from one part to the other, same as SC. Are you seeing a pattern here.

Also the focus of the game on emotions and one Sims emotions will affect all Sims around them. Good luck to Simmers who don't keep their Sims in the green. I see most of the youtubers having big problems getting their Sims to do anything. They all drive Sims to the breaking point to show off a certain skill, object, area, ect. in the game and take little care of their Sims needs when doing so. I'm a green player myself, I like my Sims to be content so it probably won't affect me in a negative way.

Last, we were told it would be an offline game. Then along comes "the gallery" which only works if you're online. This isn't a big deal to me really. It's the store, which you can already access in game, and the exchange so it's not much different but it does provide a big reason to be online.

This may sound like criticism or complaining but it's not. It's just concerns I have from what I've seen and heard and read. I hope this will be the most amazing Sims game ever because I've loved The Sims since day one so many years ago. I'm also not saying I won't play, I most definitely will. I've still love The Sims 3 even after every game breaking bug it has. I'm just playing Devil's advocate here.

Time to get a bigger HD.
Profile
BeASimmer


Joined: 10/30/11 07:40 PM
Messages: 292
Offline

suelorcha wrote:Graham said we have A world, Willow Creek.

Then said we can travel between ANY world.

So I'm confused by this. Is there one world or several? What can that mean?

He also said it was arbitrary to count lots in the world BECAUSE of free travel between lots, neighborhoods and worlds. I think what a lot of us want to know is how many households, sims can we have.


I'm assuming there's one world, Willow Creek...for now. Then more worlds from expansion packs and sims store.

Profile
Reslek


Joined: 09/06/12 01:42 PM
Messages: 88
Offline

SimGuruSemedi wrote:
Angellulu wrote:
Thank you for wonderful information! BUT...

When you say we have a loading screen between lots, does it mean that when I would travel my Sim from home to lot that is included in the same neighborhood, he/she still has to go through a loading screen? What about the lively streets, can we be part of it, or is it out of reach? I'd like my Sims to walk on street outside as well, even if it is out of bounds from other lots. Will this happen?
I wouldn't want to be confined in a single lot, watching every other Sim have fun outdoors...


There is never a load screen when you walk off a lot into those public spaces in the neighborhood that you're in. By all means, have your Sim run out there and have fun! Every Sim you see at any time when you're playing can be reached and interacted with without any loading whatsoever.

You will need to load when you walk onto a different lot in the same neighborhood than the one that is currently your active lot. When you arrive there, that lot will become the active/loaded lot with Sims on it doing stuff, and all of the Sims who were in those public spaces in the neighborhood will still be there doing the same thing they were doing before you switched lots. Because time continues to pass while you're off in different neighborhoods, and Sims continue to simulate even when they aren't loaded, when you travel to a completely different neighborhood and then return to the first neighborhood, the Sims who were there previously will have changed.


Thanks for clarifying further Graham!

Sounds like a much more fluid Sims 2, indeed. Something I'd be more than happy with!
Profile
Penelope


Joined: 06/04/09 02:16 AM
Messages: 2385
Location:United States

al456 wrote:
alexspoom13 wrote:Wait, so there's a loading screen for every lot?
NO! For every neighborhood, its a mix of The Sims 2 and the sims 3, very awesome!

Well, actually ... apparently there IS a loading time between each lot.
Quote: "Now, when you’re traveling between a world, a neighborhood, or a lot, you will incur a short load."

I was originally thinking the loading time would only be between neighborhoods as well, but apparently I was wrong. It's between lots as well.
Profile
BeASimmer


Joined: 10/30/11 07:40 PM
Messages: 292
Offline

DaletheSim wrote:Last, we were told it would be an offline game. Then along comes "the gallery" which only works if you're online. This isn't a big deal to me really. It's the store, which you can already access in game, and the exchange so it's not much different but it does provide a big reason to be online.


You can choose whether you want to be online or offline.

Profile
Goldmoldar


Joined: 05/29/09 08:53 AM
Messages: 4963
Location:Cybercity
Online

DaletheSim wrote:This interview raises more questions than it answered. It also raises concerns I had and kind of confirms things that I was hoping wouldn't be. It sounds like Maxis are using Glass Box again. If you don't know what that is it's the underlying system they used in Sim City. Now instead of one big town we have little pieces of town that are connected, same as SC. Each piece is only so big and you can't make it bigger, same as SC. There will be "short" loading screens from one part to the other, same as SC. Are you seeing a pattern here.

Also the focus of the game on emotions and one Sims emotions will affect all Sims around them. Good luck to Simmers who don't keep their Sims in the green. I see most of the youtubers having big problems getting their Sims to do anything. They all drive Sims to the breaking point to show off a certain skill, object, area, ect. in the game and take little care of their Sims needs when doing so. I'm a green player myself, I like my Sims to be content so it probably won't affect me in a negative way.

Last, we were told it would be an offline game. Then along comes "the gallery" which only works if you're online. This isn't a big deal to me really. It's the store, which you can already access in game, and the exchange so it's not much different but it does provide a big reason to be online.

This may sound like criticism or complaining but it's not. It's just concerns I have from what I've seen and heard and read. I hope this will be the most amazing Sims game ever because I've loved The Sims since day one so many years ago. I'm also not saying I won't play, I most definitely will. I've still love The Sims 3 even after every game breaking bug it has. I'm just playing Devil's advocate here.

Time to get a bigger HD.


Definitely seeing the hype that was done in SC and I am sorry but SC turned out to be something different than what EA/Maxis was promoting and it seems like Sims 4 is heading in that direction. If there was a way of doing a closed beta and not just with the paparazzi, just us ordinary folks to get a feel. I agree with you DaletheSim.

I7-4770K Liquid cooled, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, HD 1.5 GB 7200 RPM , 16 GB 1600 MHz, Nvidia 780 Ti Classified 3 GB, ASUS Blu-ray Burner, 850W PSU
Profile
Chrysame


Joined: 06/18/09 05:20 PM
Messages: 510
Offline

Color me confused. Only five lots per neighborhood. Five neighborhoods (plus one with just a park) and those five lots per neighborhood are to be divided between commercial and residential? This sounds remarkably tiny.

The more I hear about this aspect the more reluctant I am to get on the Sims 4 bandwagon. Plus, I had a horrible experience with SimCity so I'm being very cautious.

Are there already commercial lots set around the world that don't deduct from the 25 lots we're given? Or do the gym, museum, bars, etc. count against the 25 lots so we really only have 20 or 18 for homes?

And what about fishing holes? Are they part of the "open" areas in each neighborhood? For example, is there a large space between lots with a sort of park? I'm not sure what they mean by open areas with outdoor activities in the neighborhoods. Or does the one park cover all of the major outdoor activities?

Profile
Mollypup9


Joined: 06/09/09 12:02 PM
Messages: 106
Offline

suelorcha wrote:Graham said we have A world, Willow Creek.

Then said we can travel between ANY world.

So I'm confused by this. Is there one world or several? What can that mean?

He also said it was arbitrary to count lots in the world BECAUSE of free travel between lots, neighborhoods and worlds. I think what a lot of us want to know is how many households, sims can we have.


Households are still max 8 I believe.

Willow Creek is the world we start with, which has 5 neighborhoods and 1 public neighborhood that has one lot that is a park.

I will venture to guess that due to phrasing there will be worlds in the future (expansions) that we may be able to visit / live.

I have only one question left about the world/hoods, can we place lots where ever we want as we did in sims 2?

Graham, thanks so much for the interview!

Profile
 
Forum Index » The Sims 4
Go to: