Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
BABY DADDY? HELP PLEASE  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
rolivian

One of my sims had a baby when I was playing another household. It does not show who the baby's father is. How do I find out who the baby's father is when the mother is not married and has a baby while I'm not playing the household she lives in?

Lhanii

Hmm... That's an interesting issue. lol. I would say to look at the males she has her relationship up high enough to WooHoo with & see who the kid looks like? That or we need a Jerry Springer studio added and they can do an episode over your family. Heh.
candygirl425

That is the same thing that happens to me! I made a sim and I switched to another family and I went back to her and there was a baby at the door. My sim was the mother but on the tree it had no father! and I didn't have any high enough relationships with any man to Try for Baby!
ArizonaResa

There are several Sims in my neighborhood who have had children without a second parent listed. As far as I'm concerned, my Sims just have a love of adoption.

Moofwee8

It's not adoption, because you will see most of these spawns have the same genetics as the single parent. Sims asexually obtaining babies by themselves does not make any sence, I know, but it's a 'feature' of the living neighbourhood and we just have to deal with it until EA decide if it's a bug worth fixing or not.

longmoua

It's the Jesus Christ of Sims...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/08/09 06:21 PM

LuvNYYJeter2

Yeah, mine did the same thing... only my Sim is male. LOL I switched to his house, and he had a little girl. You can always go into the baby's "Simology" and check her family tree to see who mom and dad are, but if it's like mine, it will only show one parent. Apparently, Sims reproduce asexually now. And since my Sim is a virgin, I guess that means it's an immaculate conception. Sigh.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/09/09 02:55 AM

Boxerbabe

Whoa... that is scary XD
TheLighterDark

Turn off Story Progression, they are engaging in activities while you are off not playing them.

DizzTheRed

I like the idea of people doing stuff without me, going about their jobs & aging... but some of them I don't want to have children! Jessabel De Villa is an evil sim who dislikes children, yet she had one of her own, without doing anything to get it! And the "Grandpas" household had a baby, they were just 3 old men! Wish there was a way to turn off this particular aspect...

In headaches and in worry,
Vaguely life leaks away,
And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day.

W.H. Auden
kasey91

This is an odd glitch that I'm sure was simply overlooked by the EA Team. Eventually (praying!) it'll be fixed. I think it's one of the most obvious glitches in the game. The Story Progression seems to be a little faulty.

PLEASE FIX BABY GLITCHES EA!
transcendentaltree

I don't think the babies even necessarily have the genetics of the parent. I had my sim marry Connor Frio, who was supposed to be living with just his brother, but when the move in screen came up, there was a baby whose last name had changed to my sim's. The baby is now a child and has a distinctly Latino look to him. I think the random babies are sometimes adoptions because I can't see Connor having a dark-haired, medium-skinned child without a mother that looks like that.
natalieshenk

GUYS. I know how to fix the problem. I HAD this problem this is how.
you knowthe pannel that hass all the sims info thats blue at the bottom.look at it.
in the left corner of the huge blue pannel theres a button with "..." on it click it.
a scroll will show up. now pick options. a window pops up with tabs on it.
Click the tab with the gears or wheels on it. (settings)
there will be a box that says "enable story progression" it is checked. uncheck it.
THIS allows the game to progress on in the life of the townies while you play on another sim.
For instance your playing on the goth family, meanwhile another family has a baby and another
family makes a man turn into an elder.what you guys are complaining about is the game moving through
time while you are not playing. Unchecking the box will only let them age if you play on them

hope i helped!

TerriDactyle

Oddly, since my Nonplaying characters can spawn babies, I'd like to make it so my single female playing sim could go to a "baby daddy" bank, and be able to get pregnant. Yes, I know, she can adopt, and I've been having her do that, but it would be interesting to go somewhere, be able to look at potential "baby daddy's" and pick a suitable one, and allow her to get pregnant.

I never would have thought of this for Sims 2, but it seems appropriate in Sims 3.

(I'm calling it Baby daddy, because I'm betting the censorship on the board won't allow me to call it Sp*rm.)

And, why not allow single men to get a surrogate mother if they want to have children but not be married?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/10/09 11:11 PM

FelidaeEvol

candygirl425 wrote:That is the same thing that happens to me! I made a sim and I switched to another family and I went back to her and there was a baby at the door. My sim was the mother but on the tree it had no father! and I didn't have any high enough relationships with any man to Try for Baby!

That happened to my male except he had many, many relationships. I always figured the child was abandoned by a girl friend. Well that's what I imagined but I bet your sim and sim had a call with an adoption agency... Which didn't make me happy since he has loads of children on various lots. ;p

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: