Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Bad Tent Placement  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
ampeddegon

So here's my backstory: I was exploring the Great Pyramid in Egypt with my sim and she got tired. I tried to find a place on the first level (where she was) that was big enough for her tent (Sultan's Tabernacle) and couldn't. I figured "She's on the first floor, I'll just put it outside," and found a nice, level place for it right outside the doors, around the corner. After awhile I noticed she wasn't getting any more energy, so I checked and realized she'd passed out by the doors, mere feet from her beautiful tent. I then realized that I'd placed the tent in an area which, when zoomed out at city level, was actually solid pyramid, and she couldn't walk there. However, her not being able to walk there means she's not able to pick her tent up again so that I can put it somewhere useful for her (and not be out all those coins).

How on earth do I pick it back up? She can't get close to it to use the "put in inventory" command, I can't manually pick it up in live mode, build/buy modes just drag me straight back to her house in Egypt. I tried to edit that in the "edit town" screen, but it's telling me I need a cheat to edit the pyramid, and I don't have one.

Any other ideas?

Jaghar7

The cheat codes you need are...

testingcheatsenabled true

then

enablelotlocking true

From Edit Town you then toggle the 'lock' icon on the tomb to unlock the lot. You can then enter build/buy and move the tent. Or should be able to.

ampeddegon

Update: I found the cheat to edit lots/pyramids, but when I went in, the tent wasn't visible.

ampeddegon

I found it! When I went back to play, a sign popped up saying personal items had been put in my family inventory; the tent, along with two keystones that I don't actually remember finding

Jaghar7

ah yeah it does move some things to your family inventory when you go to edit the lot.

Smeelia

The top floor of the Great Pyramid is a nightmare, the ceiling is too low to place tents I think (no idea how that happened, other places are usually fine). If you don't get to the basement level before running low on energy it's easy to get stuck (since you need energy to use most certain switches and things). I had a similar problem but I had placed my tent outside the front of the pyramid before realising the door had infact locked behind me . It's a good thing I accidentally ended up with three spare tents (I bought one for each holiday home before realising they don't stay there when you travel) and was able to get down to the basement level in time really .
bshag4lv

Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.

The same thing happened to me...I usually play with the walls partially down and placed her tent around the corner from the front door of the pyramid.

She had to go all the way back to the market to get another stinking tent.

Now I double check where I place the dumb tent!

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
KatAnubis

I accidently put my Sultan's tent somewhere that my Sim couldn't go (similar to what happened to others.) I finally sent her to basecamp. The tent went into the family inventory instead of her personal inventory so I didn't lose it. (It's a pain to lose such an expensive tent!)

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: