Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Updated to Generations - Old hidden stencil thread  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
MrHawk

@Joolster I've just added a full fix for all of the animals stencils that includes the windows.

Essentially it replicates what a modder did that I found from another site but seems to work in my game.

Unfortunately it'll need to go in your mods folder but is one of those "remove it and everything reverts to normal" ones.

At the same time, it makes all of the other missing stencils from the animal sets show up since it covers all of the Animals Abounds store sets. It also adds the move up/down on the wall functionality that's missing from all of the older sets and does little things like properly categorises the office chair etc. It also recategorises the wall shelves by moving them to surfaces/displays, like the rest of my stuff. Unfortunately, it's an all or nothing thing. Check the Be Less Stupid page of my site if you're interested.

Animal collection file is also up.

As for the chair, since that's a sectional sofa it's designed to clump together with the others. The recolouring thing is another matter entirely but that happens with a lot of the sectional store stuff like sofas and counters. I don't think that can be repaired.

VamPanda

thank you for this! and a massive thank you to the amaing people who worked so hard on getting these stencils to work, there are some truley beautiful stencils that would be otherwise lost!
Joolster

@MrHawk, is it in your studio? I skimmed through this thread quickly, I don't think I've seen the windows reposted anywhere.

MrHawk

Joolster no not the windows. The fix (originally not mine) for the window stencils has been incorporated into the animal fix that I have on my website (Be Less Stupid page).

As I said though, they're mainly recats and fixes on my site. I included the fixed stencils for the sake of completion and a way for me to learn more. So if you just want the windows best to grab them from MATY.

Joolster

Oh alright, I'll snoop around. By the way, last night I was looking for a way to replace the stupid base game mailbox in Lunar Lakes on new manually placed empty lots and I think google linked me your site. I downloaded the .package file and put it into Mods->Overrides as instructed but it never fixed anything. In the end I actually found a 20x20 pre-made lot in there with a house and just deleted the house. But for future reference if I still need to replace the mailbox, what did I do wrong?

MrHawk

Joolster wrote:Oh alright, I'll snoop around. By the way, last night I was looking for a way to replace the stupid base game mailbox in Lunar Lakes on new manually placed empty lots and I think google linked me your site. I downloaded the .package file and put it into Mods->Overrides as instructed but it never fixed anything. In the end I actually found a 20x20 pre-made lot in there with a house and just deleted the house. But for future reference if I still need to replace the mailbox, what did I do wrong?

You may not have put the resource cfg file in your mods folder?
If so, you should have a mods folder that has a packages folder and an overrides folder inside it. In that folder the resource.cfg file needs to go to.

If you have all of that it just may be that you were in the wrong section. All the fixed mailboxes will appear in lawn ornaments under room sort/outside.

I'd say the second one is more likely since some people have been able to use the fix even by just putting it directly into the packages folder and ignoring overrides altogether. Give that a bash too.

Joolster

Oh I see, I just figured it would be replaced automatically, silly me. Thanks for your help.

kymber13

Arletta wrote:Stencils?

I'm with you

thesimling

Installed now, I'm so excited to use them. My Japanese house I'm building will be 10x better with these hidden stencils unlocked. Thanks for all of the incredible effort you've put in, MrHawk & AznSensei!

simhead70

First off let me say thank you !! My Jappanese set is way better now b/c of you . And I'm sure that was a lot of work put into that!! So thank you for that. But I have a question. I was really interested in your Test- Missing Stencils lot. And I tried to download i,t but it will not download for me. Do you have another one you are going to upload? The Japanese lot worked Awesome.

*Angel*

TheChronicR

Thank you for this. I never knew about these missing stencils. I'm definitely bookmarking this thread.

-M.

With regards,

TheChronicR
ellerobbe

Bookmarked! I had no idea. I will have to try these out soon. Thank you for working on this Mr Hawk. I really wanted those Japanese items.

murfeel

I have a quick question: were any hidden stencils released for the Killer Classics set & Welcome Back to 3 Lakes? At the Simalogue I don't think I saw mention of any in the Collections section or Be Less Stupid.

Cuz I'm kinda sick of Mountain Man's Mountain Lighter.

MrHawk

murfeel wrote:I have a quick question: were any hidden stencils released for the Killer Classics set & Welcome Back to 3 Lakes? At the Simalogue I don't think I saw mention of any in the Collections section or Be Less Stupid.

Cuz I'm kinda sick of Mountain Man's Mountain Lighter.

Nope none in that one.
Were there any in the TS2 versions? I can't remember

Bily_jednorozec

Hi MrHawk!
Thank You for Yours answer, I've **** this mod befor (Animal abounds) from Yours site, but I prefered no mod and try it first time only with lot. Now I must try this only in game. On yours mods I don't like recat, but this is Yours work and I appreciate that so much! (I've readed that after removing ramain only User presets).
Thank You.
I have send You FR, but I'll understand when You refuse me. Have a nice day!

Modify: Censored: "t o k e n"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/26/12 07:31 AM

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: