Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Crystalline Cove - Finally back on the exchange!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
SummerSong86

Can somebody do me a massive favor and try to start or play a sim in the "Owl House" in 14 Canyon Road every single time I try now to start a sim there it takes for freaking ever for them to load into that house and I get the hard freeze eventually. let me clarify I can trigger a freeze just either going to the mirror to change hair color or to build mode to paint the blank walls, that's where I'm frozen at now, trying to paint the blank wall after just moving my sim in. So far now I've lost an hour restarting due to hard freezes. I was fine with the sim in the other starter house. It seems Owl House is cursed for me. I've tried new sims, sims from the library, it doesn't matter, I hard freeze I'm that lot. And like I said it takes a very long time for a sim to load into that house. I didn't realize it until I loaded one into the starter house and that one loaded nice and fast.

I'm going to give up for now and wait and see if anyone else has trouble with this house. If it's just me then I guess there is something wrong on my end and maybe have to wait and try beta version 2. Maybe one of the known errors already found is ok on Windows machines but fatal to Mac.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/10/12 06:41 PM

Call me Summer or JM (for JennyMoonlight) just don't call me late for spaghetti with meatballs!
geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

I will, Summer.

I found an issue I tried to move Pary's Scarlet with a horse up at the Stallion Slope Ranch aprtments and i couldn't. Then i moved her on her own and tried to buy a horse from the EC but the option was grayed out. It said that "horses can't live in highrise buildings" It's not a highrise! It's an apartment I didn't know the game considered every apartment lot as a "high rise". That kills the whole purpose of that lot. So i even have to change the description or make this a regular home that looks like an apartment Opinions?

Rukaya I checked the Laurence Manor. It seems that even I've removed the back sides of the fireplaces sims still throw a fit and can't use items where the backs of them supposed to be. So i removed the fancy tubs on the second floor and replaced them with smaller ones and moved the showers to the other side and the new tubs vertically one tile away from the wall. Also i moved the pet bowl on the second floor to the other side as sims could not access it either. I had no issues with the door you mentioned so I guess that was a glitch in your game, or you sim was trowing a fit because you ordered them to use the shower instead of walking them in the bathroom. I replaced the trash compactor as well as it seems it somehow it goit glitched and sims could not use it.

On the other house with the tub issue in the black bathroom it seems I've aciddentally placed the shower like that. Moved it to the other side of the tub and it's now working ok.

ETA: Summer I moved Scarlet there , changed her hair color and painted the walls with no issues. I'll play her a little there, to see if i get any freezes and then move her somewhere with a horse to check the ranch and EC.

ETA2: Summer there are 5 photoframes in that house that have been missplaced by moving the lots to the bin. Thre are 2 over the fireplace, one over the side table in the living room, one over the dresser in the master bedromm and one over the side table in the small bedroom. try to move them or delete them and then hit undo. That will return them to their correct position. I want to see if those photoframes are causing issues for you

ETA3: grrr the Laurence mansion basement needs fixing. Nothing is set up as it's supposed to be.

ETA4: Ok I just expirienced a hard freeze. A really bad one. I had to kill the game from task manager. I had moved Scarlet to Stallion Splope at the long barn ranch though. I had her sleeping and i was on speed 3 and at 5:30 AM the clock stopped and i couldn't do anything. Only the trees and water were moving. I have experienced this before a lot of times but not in Cr Cove and not like this. It would eventually get unstuck. When I opened task manager Physical Memory usage was at 90% so i'm pretty sure this was a memory leak, but I really want to make sure it was the game and not the world.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 02/10/12 09:13 PM

lovejoyriteia

I didn't have a chance to actually play in Crystalline Cove yet, but I did have a look around. It looks awesome! I've chosen to play my Sims in Gelding Ranch, hopefully sometime tonight.

Once I make sure the routing in Gelding Ranch is okay, would you mind if I tried to fit a garden somewhere on the lot? Or maybe fill the empty lot next door with a garden?

And feel free to call me "love" or "lovejoy" if that's easier.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/10/12 09:12 PM

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Do whatever you like It's your game anyway. Just note that that empty lot is a legacy lot. Also note that the in game world editor is not functioning properly and if you change a lot from community ro res or the other way around you may have some issues

ETA: Forgot to mention that before i had that freeze I had moved out and deleted a game generated sim that has residing in The ranch apartments. Is there a chance that if that sim had any relation ships with any of the other residents or was an NPC that needed to be at his spot at 5:30AM had cause the game to enter an "unnedning" ( no idea if such word exists) loop?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/10/12 09:33 PM

SummerSong86

I went back to my save where my sim was in 12 Privet Drive in a starter house just to get one more sim day there and then was planning to add my other sims in on third sim day and go back to owl house to fix the picture frames. But I got a hard freeze as my sim was bribing the bouncer at the Banzai lounge.

I am going to have to give up on this world awhile and try Ridgeview and Great Bear to see if this is an issue with my whole game or just this world.

It is concerning that the game sees those apartments as high rises. As far as I can recall I have never been able to play any world that has hi rises in it without running into lags or glitches or freezes. But I'm not saying that is the situation here. I need to test my other worlds in my bin and see what happened.

Call me Summer or JM (for JennyMoonlight) just don't call me late for spaghetti with meatballs!
geminiagre

this is getting weirder and weirder.
I 've also deleted world cashes and going back in. They had reached 500MB each. I really need to see if that makes a difference

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/10/12 09:36 PM

Writin_Reg

Gem according to the Devs Deleting Sims at all in the game can totally render the game unplayable. Sims generated by the game are hardwired into the game generator and do noty actually delete - they fragment and fragments get scattered all through the game files. They said the only safe way to remove a sim is to kill it. Other than that sim dying the game still sees it there and that will corrupt your game. So the only safe thing to do is start a new game and delete that one, as that corruption will go through out your file in that save - so nothing is safe in that particular file.

Regarding High Rises - the game is probably only programmed to see any apartment as a high rise. That would only change if the Devs actually added the programming that building A is highrise and building b is an apartment. It would be my guess this was not done as they may be planning to add some actual apartments later down the line and wanted that option to do so in case they did. But apparently anything that uses those markers are highrises even if they are ground floor apts. Wonder if it says the same thing on those little cabins I saw near the ranches? I saw them but haven't checked them out yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/10/12 10:48 PM

geminiagre

I figured so. I hadn't saved at all so when i returned to my game after the hard freeze, the deleted sim was intact and everything was smooth again. I placed scarlet again in the Owl house with no problems and DD with a horse in Long barn ranch up the stallion cove. EC and horse ranch are working great.
Then I returned back to Scarlet and tried to send her to Paris , to see where she will return on the map , but I got hit by that glitch that no sim ever arrives at the destination. I thought that that has been fixed with one of the latest patches. Guess not
I'll have to quit and try again then

Yes those cabins are considered High rises and I can't move horses into them. I'll need to change this into a regular lot that looks like an apartment I guess. Leaving it as is could work , for wild horses but if a resident sim decides they want to adopt a horse they'll have to move. So i think it will be best to change the thing to a regular lot.

Writin_Reg

If you need to test something a sim is in, just move them in a house where other sims are living that the game moved in. If you get the house to crowded, sometimes the game moves the whole lot of them out. I have had pretty good luck doing that when I get too many Vamps or celebs - I just load the house with 8 of those b u g g e r s and the next thing I know I read the paper that household moved out. That is actually the easiest way I have found.

ETA - I've been lucky as I have yet to ever get the invisible sim with travel issue, but like you I do know either the last patch or the one before that did say it had been fixed. Perhaps it was the one before and then the newest one borked it again. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Yeah, if I was you just remove all the apartment markers and you could move your singles there. Each can have their own cabin and horses. That would actually be a great idea for a western rooming house kind of thing.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 02/10/12 11:27 PM

Rukaya

I am back. Gem I was able to keep both fancy tubs in the Laurance bathrooms by just rearranging everything. However today Saleena decided she hated the fireplace in the brown bedroom. I tried all kinds of stuff, and what worked was taking out the fireplace and then making a copy of the fireplace in the red bedroom using the eyedropper puttingithe copy in the brown bedroom and then removing the brick section that was in the bathroom. Now she is happy. Strange.
I checked the starlight and the La Fiesta appts and no problems with visitors.
The bathroom at Coral Cape 7 was on the top floor.( the one where the tub was blocking the shower.)
I removed the strobe lights from Alien ware and radioactive and am a happy camper. Checked homes on: 5 Buena Vista, fine. Starter homes on Privet Drive, fine. Modern Starter on 10 Manoglia fine. Moved a family into Funky Super, fine. Sunflower house on Isthmus Road , is fine. Houses on Rosewood Way and Blackthorn Way also appear to be fine. Moved couple into Tipsy Starter at 6 Manoglia Cresent, also fine. Fixed paint jobs in the Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, etc, homes. Forgot to play Owl house. Don't worry about the Armory, the street is fine, it is just that the inside is a little dim for my taste. It was hard to see the decor. But that is just me.
Everything is running fine so far, though it does take a while to go from live to buy or build at the Laurance Manor. As for yesterday, Saleena doesn't have a job. When I sent her to the Art Gallery by transit at Emerald Hill she seemed to morph into the gallery or something, when I clicked on her I was not able to see her, however today when I had Alex drive to the Gallery all was fine. I did not get around to sending Saleena via transit today. When I went to play her today somehow she aquired a puppy and is very busy with her new pet, so, oh well.
By the way, do you mean Manoglia or Magnolia for the street names? Also didn't get a chance to check on the La Aqua gym.
I have been remembering to save frequently so that if I do have a problem (knock on wood) I won't loose much. I don't understand what you mean about the basement being messed up, it looked fine, but then I don't know what it is supposed to be like.
I hope all this info is helpful. I have done about all I can think of with the Laurance Manor, so I guess I will play with my other families more. Or do you have something you want to check out?
SummerSong86

My daughter seems to be coming down with the flu. I had to stop for awhile today I'll try and pick back up tomorrow.

geminiagre

Thank you WR, i'll keep that in mind when I'll want to test an occupied lot.

That's what i'm going to do with the cabins. It's the only way to keep the lot.

Rukaya The Laurence Manor id huge and has a lot of plants. It's normal to take time to switch between buy and live mode. I'll work on the bathrooms layout a bit what I'll go back in CAW to see what I can do to keep the fancy tubs. At least now I know that Sims don't like things behind their fireplaces where the brick part of them used to be.
If ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are fine then Owl house is fine too. They are basically the same lot. And I already checked that anyway.
About the street names I mean the plant. How is it supposed to be spelled?
The basement is not working as it should. The levers are not doing anything. I had to keep switching between buy and live modes to get my sim to the end of it. The dive wells are not connected either. So I'll just have to work on that too. I know how I'm gonna make it function properly, but it's not gonna be as complicated as I had planned in the first place.

Summer take your time , to care for your daughter. Flu is exausting and she needs her mommy more than I do . Just take your time and teke some rest yourself. I hope she feels better soon.

With DD and her horse from long barn ranch, i checked the EC and the horse ranch and they are both working fine.
Long barn ranch lot is also working fine.
Looking good DD

Thought those pictures looked good

Then I was checking OWL house with Scarlet, and she decided to work out on her formal dress

Also took her to alienware for a drink and I was surprised to see a bunch of sims in there. I didn't even get a hot spot pop up, so i'd really want to see how packed up a hot spot can get

I then Had the insident with her dissapearing while arriving in France, reloaded the game and placed her at modern starter
Sent her to Egypt instead, and she happily returned on the Castartus Hill Subway station, which she took to return home.
I then send her to the Salon to check if the tattoo artist had spawned, because last time I checked it was late and no one was there. She had also rolled a wish for a tattoo and it fitted nicely. The tatto artist was there but no stylists. Is that normal? However when she left Rei Shin was in and a game generated sim , but i forgot to check if that sim was a stylist.

After her succesfull tattoo i send her to the picnic park as she was hungry and she made and enjoyed some delicious burned hot dogs

I've checked all the community lots so far and none is giving me routing issues. I only had a bit of trouble with the junkyard , in the junk piles area , as my sim was throwing a tantrum when I tried to make her cvisit another lot but I was able to "walk" her out of there. So i'll just delete one of the junk piles to make sure sims have enough room to move around.

I'll need to scan the thread and note down everything that needs fixing that I haven't noted already, and run through it to see what else we haven't checked yet.

I was thinking that I'll need to kill off some sims with diff ways to give some "life" to the graveyard for the save file, and the story I have for it in mind. Do i have to start trapping them , or i can simply do it with cheats and MC? I need someone to die for example by mummy's curse , do I have to trap him in a room with a mummy or I can simply doe it by cheating? If i kill him with "force kill" and then change the gravestone to "mummy's curse" will the ghost be the appropriate color?
I know it is to early for this , as testing still hasn't ended, but I just wanted to take that out off my mind.

I'm pretty sure I wanted to say more but I tottaly blanked out now the post is huge anyway

Mike will probaly be coming over tomorrow, so i have no ieda if I'll have time to test , and he will most likely take me along , with Valentines day and all, but I will update you about me leaving for the week or not.

Take care for now

ETA: Remebered what I wanted to say
When testing Long Barn ranch, i noticed I had placed a bunkbed on the second room, and that it hadn't douplicated. If that duplicating issue only affected loft beds and not bunkbeds, the issue is only in Belladona and blue water apartments then as it's the only lot i used loft beds in. However when I'll go back to CAW to fix stuff i'll just check just to make sure.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/11/12 02:28 AM

Greenb70

I didn't sign on as an official tester since I wasn't sure how much time I would be able to devote but you uploaded your Beta on my off day and I couldn't resist.
I'm still playing on my rig with the 2gigs of RAM.

I moved a family of 4 in to 8 Magnolia Crescent(Family Starter).It was a set of parents a teen and a child.The kids went to school fine.The teen got a part time job as a receptionist at the Sunflower Spa.She also attended a cooking class at the diner.The mother got a job at the school and took a charisma class at City Hall and visited Garfield's Turf.She also went to the Banzi Lounge and bribed her way in.The father got a job in music and took a guitar class at the Theater.
I did have a slight issue at the theater with when I clicked on my sim to tell him to go to work he did but then appeared on the outside.He did this a few times until I clicked on the front of the building and then all seemed to be well.This same sim also visited the Blue Lagoon Beach and I noticed on day two that a mixologist had spawned.Both of the adult sims have visited the magical cave with no problems.
My sims collected a few insects,some gems,a small meteor rock and some seeds.I saw a large bird,a few wild horses,a raccoon knocked over the trash can and I am pretty sure there was a deer because my sim rolled a want to see one and it has been my experience that they only do that when there is one in the area.
I did not experience any lag or freezes but after 5 sim days I did get an Error Code 12.
I'm actually gong to give it another try tomorrow with a single sim that I can control (without worrying about the rest of the family) and have them run around on foot.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/11/12 04:24 AM

geminiagre

Thank you Greenb Glad to have you testing. As much as you can and have spare time, it doesn't matter
My first test family had a sim that worked in the theater in the music career and had no issues getting there. I assume it was a temp glitch in your game, untill we see more people having the same issue.
I'm glad you didn't get and lag or freezes. Getting an error code 12 after 5 sim days on a large map and with the memory leaks the game is having is a very good sign
I'll dig up your specs from lothlorien thread and post them up

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/11/12 04:17 AM

HappySimmer3

Hi, Gem. I played some more tonight and didn't experience any problems. I paced my sim Jerome Gooden in the Owl house and payed him for a few sim days and had no problems. Painted the walls, took him to CAS, and sent him to Egypt where he purchased the expensive camera plus other stuff. He came back from Egypt at Betrothal Bungalw.

Btw, I have about 4+ Twallans mods installed, including Error trap and I checked and yesterday I got the same errors WR got. Fishing.fish at both lots, the gym and Vista Deluxe. I couldn't find anything wrong with either and have not had a repeat of the error today.

Pease excuse any errors I'm on my iPad, still have the game open on my pc.

I forgot to ask, would it be ok to post pics of your fabulous waterfall lot? A black unicorn showed up there along with some wild horses and I could not stop taking pics.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/11/12 05:17 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: