Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
MOVED: The Badge Thread (Unattainable, glitched, etc.)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
eilian

Anmirla wrote:
The other problem I can think of is switching households in the same save. I know this affects the family badges and the tips badges, so I would imagine it affects any of the others.

Aaaaah so this is probably why my first attempt didn't work! I was always switching back and forth between the family having kids and the evil neighbor who was stealing candy from them as they were born. And I thought I had such an efficient method going on.
Joolster

Thanks for the info, yes Friends In High Places is Business career, I just got it the same time with New Vice.

eilian

Congrats on getting the badges! And thanks for confirming that it's the business career.
jwghost

now I'm only missing two badges, I have not tried to earn these two so far...
But is really strange how these badges are unlocked, I got an badge before completing the requirements to earn it. oO

Joolster

I don't know if this was mentioned before because I haven't read through all 12 pages but either the Town Tutor achievement is bugged and it's 50 sims instead of 40 or it doesn't count the kids/relatives of the sim doing the tutoring or random town children.

I've been playing Joy in LL and she's tutored pretty much most of the town and I was struggling to find new sims to tutor. I was about to give up but I finally got the achievement after I tutored 50 sims. Joy has about 5 kids and she's also in the household where her ex husband did the Exercise in Fertility achievement so atleast a 3rd of the town was related to Joy in some sense.

It also says she's tutored 0 kids yet I know she tutored atleast 3.

Anmirla

Joolster wrote:I don't know if this was mentioned before because I haven't read through all 12 pages but either the Town Tutor achievement is bugged and it's 50 sims instead of 40 or it doesn't count the kids/relatives of the sim doing the tutoring or random town children.

I've been playing Joy in LL and she's tutored pretty much most of the town and I was struggling to find new sims to tutor. I was about to give up but I finally got the achievement after I tutored 50 sims. Joy has about 5 kids and she's also in the household where her ex husband did the Exercise in Fertility achievement so atleast a 3rd of the town was related to Joy in some sense.

It also says she's tutored 0 kids yet I know she tutored atleast 3.

This one I think may be coded incorrectly. I was thinking it was coded for hours instead of Sims.
I tried it in one save (did not switch households). I tutored 46 Sims and didn't get the badge. I went to another save and tutored 24 Sims - nailed it. I didn't look at the hours, but because he was tutoring his daughter for several hours in a skill, that is the only conclusion I could come to after the fact.
I guess we need to compile whatever info anyone else has to figure out what is going wrong with this one as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/08/12 02:37 AM

Anmirla

eilian wrote:
Anmirla wrote:
The other problem I can think of is switching households in the same save. I know this affects the family badges and the tips badges, so I would imagine it affects any of the others.

Aaaaah so this is probably why my first attempt didn't work! I was always switching back and forth between the family having kids and the evil neighbor who was stealing candy from them as they were born. And I thought I had such an efficient method going on.

I just hung out at the library and found my prey.

TenderWolf

I've updated the first post based on the new information received. I'd like to thank everyone for contributing to this thread.

I should try the 30 recipes ones, the bad part is I'm sure I'll have to go to one of the World Adventure towns to get half of them. It takes a while to load and then I hear horror stories about getting trapped there. *shudders* But hopefully it'll be okay...still working on The Show Must Go On, I've got the ghost acrobat up to max rank but he still sets himself on fire half the time, so I guess he needs more practice. *crosses fingers*

eilian

I only have a handful of badges left to get and one of them listed in-game is "Live Show Venue Trophies." There's no empty black badge to the left of it like the other unearned badges, it's just blank. And that badge isn't even listed on mypage at all, it's only listed when I bring up the achievement tab on my in-game wall. There are 100 (including this one) listed in-game but there are only 99 available to earn on mypage. Does anybody know what the scoop is with this one? Thanks for any info. [Sorry if this was already covered in this thread. I couldn't find it but my brain's fried so I might have missed it ]
Anmirla

eilian wrote:I only have a handful of badges left to get and one of them listed in-game is "Live Show Venue Trophies." There's no empty black badge to the left of it like the other unearned badges, it's just blank. And that badge isn't even listed on mypage at all, it's only listed when I bring up the achievement tab on my in-game wall. There are 100 (including this one) listed in-game but there are only 99 available to earn on mypage. Does anybody know what the scoop is with this one? Thanks for any info. [Sorry if this was already covered in this thread. I couldn't find it but my brain's fried so I might have missed it ]

I had to go to my MyPage to make sure I was thinking of the correct one. You win 3 Simfests at Live Show Venues. I had a hard time with this one because I couldn't seem to get Simfests at Live Show Venues - they were almost always at the Park.

This one is not showing a pic on my MyPage, but is still showing the date I earned it. It has that little page symbol (like it didn't load correctly). Other than that, all but Exercise in Fertility shows the correct pics.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/09/12 07:19 PM

eilian

Anmirla wrote:
I had to go to my MyPage to make sure I was thinking of the correct one. You win 3 Simfests at Live Show Venues. I had a hard time with this one because I couldn't seem to get Simfests at Live Show Venues - they were almost always at the Park.

This one is not showing a pic on my MyPage, but is still showing the date I earned it. It has that little page symbol (like it didn't load correctly). Other than that, all but Exercise in Fertility shows the correct pics.

It's a shame this one doesn't show. I saw it on simsvip and it's a beautiful badge.

Thanks for the info, Anmirla. I already owed you for a few of my badges
TenderWolf

I've found another bad seed...

I had my Sim throw a party and at the end of it, all the guests said it was great/fun/awesome, etc. The little notification said she threw an awesome party, verging on epic. I got no Your Right to Party badge, which requires you to throw an awesome party. But I know it's obtainable because I've seen others get it. Is there something special I have to do? A one-Sim home? Celebrity Sim (though I used a 5-star celeb to host this one)? Anyone know? *adds to first post*

misschloe_24

I am still having problems with badges not unlocking. I don't have any mods or custom content. Specifically:

2 on 2 - Four person pool game. I have tried this at a venue and at home, but no luck.
Snick Snacker - Place 10 Snackbowls. I've tried this multiple times but no luck.
Silly Shots - Photos with 10 Sims. I have used a photo booth at a venue and on my lot but nothing.
eilian

misschloe_24 wrote:
Silly Shots - Photos with 10 Sims. I have used a photo booth at a venue and on my lot but nothing.

For this one, make sure you're choosing "Take Silly Photos With..." The other types of photos don't count toward the total. Not sure about the other badges since they're pretty straight forward. I've realized in hindsight that the main reason for my badge issues was switching active households during the process which apparently resets the progress tally each time.

You might want to try using a different family/save and see if the pool and snack bowl badges work.
tanubanue

Hey everyone, Has anyone figured out the town tutor badge yet? My sim has tutored over 50 sims and has over 50 hours of tutoring as well. I was wondering if it was somehow 50 sims and a minimum of an hour per sim? My sim I know didnt tutor everyone for an hour each. I'm getting bored having him tutor so much,

For the awesome party badge, My acrobat sim invited over 3 sims that he barely knew. I had gotten him a foosball table and the best stereo. He also was level 10 in cooking so I had him serve perfect lobster thermidor just before the party started. During the party he put on a mini show for each sim and then played foosball or danced with each of them then called them all to the meal. It came out the awesome party and I got the badge.

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: