Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Deleted Mailbox!  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Tiki5872

I hope somone can help me out with this... I accidently deleted the mailbox on my sims lot. I was working on her house and doing some landscaping and "poof" there went her mailbox! I thought if i exited the game without saving it would come back... no such luck! Can anyone tell me how to replace the deleted mailbox??? Please???
Thanks

SelahFreeAtLast

I read on here earlier, first move your sims somewhere else. Don't leave the sim on the lot. Then go to edit town and change the lot to community lot and then back to residential lot. That is supposed to fix it. I haven't had the problem. I just read on the forum that is the solution.

If you don't have enough money tomove her back you can always use the free realestate cheat.

AKA Dee
iJancy

I know this is an older post but I deleted my mailbox also. When I went to play the game again I noticed it missing.
What I did to get it back was--I opened the game with missing mailbox. I then did save as with a different name. When I opened the save as game my mailbox was back.
Hope this helps someone else.
pennyssim

This work for me:
go in to edit town
click move lot, bottom left
then move the lot into another place which is the same size
then it will come with a new mailbox!!!
zerobandwidth

I believe that you can also use the buydebug on cheat and buy a new mailbox.
justdancerebecca

Using moveobjects on, (I use it while I'm building a house as this way I am not getting bombarded by 'you can't put this here' messages since I like to overlap some windows) I accidentally put the mailbox half-way on the sidewalk (I moved it temporarily) and I wasn't able to move it back or have my Sims interact with it, so I deleted it. If I end up getting it back, will it spawn in that same location?

Help is definitely appreciated.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/31/12 06:59 AM

Stormkeep

zerobandwidth wrote:I believe that you can also use the buydebug on cheat and buy a new mailbox.

You are correct, assuming you are patched to 1.42 the mailboxes are now available for purchase in buydebug. This was done so those of us with different styles of mailbox can use the style we prefer.

The Goodkind ABC Legacy Family
bailz15

how do i get patched to 1.42???? i tried buydebug on cheat but there are no mailboxes
mim12345

bailz15 wrote:how do i get patched to 1.42???? i tried buydebug on cheat but there are no mailboxes
DawnLBrown

To buy mailbox:

In the cheat window you get from Ctrl + Shift + C
type testingcheatsenabled true
Open the cheat window again
type buydebug on

Now go into Buy Mode
Click the ? tab
On the Objects tabs, click the last tab
In the objects, find the mailbox you want and place it on the lot.

btwest1966

There's an easy way to get any mailbox you want on your lot.
1. Change any residential lot to a community lot. (I use the No Visitors Allowed type but it shouldn't matter)
2. Place any type/style of mailbox you want on the lot.
3. Change the lot back to a residential lot.
I've done this in multiple towns to change the mailbox type on my lot and it's worked every time.
Elf67

zerobandwidth wrote:I believe that you can also use the buydebug on cheat and buy a new mailbox.

That does work. I accidentally deleted my mailbox too. I tried the buy debug cheat and was able to purchase a new one.
ashleypugh32

nothing works i tried the debug cheat and the mail box is not there

can anyone help me
YellowJane

Location:Check my online status.... Oh wait!! I hid it! Mwahahaha

Do what DawnLBrown says. The mailbox is somewhere in buydebug, for sure. I have seen it there countless times. Search around a bit and then just place it as normal

IreneSwift

I've replaced my mailbox in buydebug before. It's there, but I don't remember exactly where it was. Miscellaneous decor, maybe.

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: