Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Player Beta Testers  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Andy1783

With the new expansion pack coming out in May, I think it would be wise to have a group of players beta test it.

With World Adventures, the game was unplayable for most people til it was patched a month later.

Again, just a suggestion, but a good suggestion at that.
Jarsie9

EA already *has* player beta testers.

They're called customers.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Gordana123

Oh i soo agree with this.Test,test,test...

Schweighsr

Andy1783 wrote:With the new expansion pack coming out in May, I think it would be wise to have a group of players beta test it.

With World Adventures, the game was unplayable for most people til it was patched a month later.

Again, just a suggestion, but a good suggestion at that.

It takes more than a willingness to play the game to become a Beta-tester. You need a degree in programming so that when you find a bug, you can trace it back to the module in the program. Then you have to repeat the actions over and over again to see if the glitch only occurs sometime or if it always happens.

But I have to agree with Jarsie9 - EA has let their players do an awful lot of testing of World Adventures, at least.

I Love The Sims 3 - If I Didn't Love It So Much, I Wouldn't Be Pressuring EA To Make The Game Live Up To Its Potential.
boneys62

This would be a great way to combat bugs before you lose more "fans".

A lot of games have fan based testers for there expansions just look at world of warcraft and fraxis games "civilization 4" I done over 6 months testing with fraxis games on there civilization 4, beyond the sword expansion, world of warcraft have a open play test realm for patches and are also looking for testers for there next expansion, it is a great way to iron out the bugs and it keeps the fans in the loop too.
DarkMirage

Jarsie9 wrote:EA already *has* player beta testers.

They're called customers.

This bears repeating.

Jarsie9

boneys62 wrote:This would be a great way to combat bugs before you lose more "fans".

A lot of games have fan based testers for there expansions just look at world of warcraft and fraxis games "civilization 4" I done over 6 months testing with fraxis games on there civilization 4, beyond the sword expansion, world of warcraft have a open play test realm for patches and are also looking for testers for there next expansion, it is a great way to iron out the bugs and it keeps the fans in the loop too.

I know World of Warcraft is an online game; not sure about Civilization 4 unless it was a downloadable copy that you could play online. But I suspect that the reason EA doesn't have fan beta-testers is that they don't want to run the risk of having the beta test copy being offered as a torrent on the internet; that's what happened with TS3, if you recall.

I think that EA's programmers are quite capable of beta-tesing their games, and doing a good job of it, if they would only play the game as a fan, and not as a programmer. Then, they might see why some bugs are such a big deal to the fans.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Renyc7

I think player beta testers sounds like a good idea. I would love to be a beta tester for the sims 3. Maybe they could assign each beta tester a special code or secretly implant a series number in each beta copy. So if that tester tried to pirate their copy they would know which beta copy it was.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: