Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Adults only expansion pack for the Sims3: "Sims3-Undercover"  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Robert_AF709

This thread / suggestion can be regarded as humorous, but I was amazed with the Sims2 and now with the Sims3 in how much custom content is erotic. When I download a female Sim from the exhange, I usually find unwanted, "Fredricks of Hollywood" style lingere, heavy makeup, etc. in my Installed Content. Maybe EA could sell an adult only expansion pack for the Sims3, since this seems to be a need with many players. (They really do not do much for me.)
chocchikcookie12

EA would never do that
Does everyone really want to ruin their game experience by doing sexual activities with their sims? HAHA, that would be weird. Even woohoo makes me laugh.
SympleSym

EA's focus with the T rating is to make the game available to a larger audience of players. There are simmers out there who collect all of the expansions, regardless of whether they think they'll like them or not.

EA has said countless times that they wouldn't up the ratings of the game.

While your idea would please a small audience, I think EA's more interested in marketing expansions to the entire sim community and not just a select audience of them. The pervy sim stuff is usually added through modders as they learn to mold their own adaptations of the game for that gaming style (among many others). Check out Modthesims2.com and see what range of tools are available.

Of course, installing mods is a huge risk as it alters the games programing files and you should always back up your game before you use them. New expansions can also alter the game, rendering mods useless. Mod downloaders generally have to reinstall the entire collection of expansions and base game with every new expansion pack and wait for their favorite mods to be adapted to the new expansions only to have more expansions released.

Whether or not using mods is worth it in the long haul is entirely up to you.

Jarsie9

Robert_AF709 wrote:This thread / suggestion can be regarded as humorous, but I was amazed with the Sims2 and now with the Sims3 in how much custom content is erotic. When I download a female Sim from the exhange, I usually find unwanted, "Fredricks of Hollywood" style lingere, heavy makeup, etc. in my Installed Content. Maybe EA could sell an adult only expansion pack for the Sims3, since this seems to be a need with many players. (They really do not do much for me.)

It's too small a demographic, and in this economy, EA's really interested in making the most profit possible.

Besides, the rating might *say* Adults Only, but I have to wonder how many under 21's have actually downloaded and purchased/acquired "Singles" and "Triples" both Adult Only Sims games where the focus is mainly on sex. In fact, that's *all* it's about. So, I assume that an adult only Sims game would be downloaded and played by mostly those under 21...although I'm sure there are some actual adults out there that would enjoy it...just not enough of them to make it profitable.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Andrews76

EA will never make an EP like this i think..The only way to make a game like this is to make a different Sims game like this i think..But for a Sims 3 EP never..

Happy Simming!!!

drewwashere941

The Sims is mainly focuses on teenagers (for a larger market) meaning they can not have a lot of adaut content. They try to keep it as friendly as possible with things such as "Woohoo," and "juice," from the bar. Adding an adult expansion pack would cause the game to be rated M or A. This results in a smaller market of buyers and could possibly lower amount of fans, for example a mother finds her 13 year old son playing a game that mainly focuses on sex and alcohol (the adult expansion pack).
mynameisjimbob

I don't think I, as a young teenager, would enjoy coming on to the forums to find a load of pictures from this expansion pack, but each to their own...

Evergreen226

Have fun with this

Erpe

mynameisjimbob wrote:I don't think I, as a young teenager, would enjoy coming on to the forums to find a load of pictures from this expansion pack, but each to their own...
This is not really a problem because EA could easily make a forum for that sort of things which you couldn't access.

The problem is quite different because EA could also easily release two versions of the Sims 3: The ordinary Sims 3 and another adult version of the Sims 3. EA could also easily make those versions in such a way that adult stuff couldn't be used in the ordinary game. And the two games could have two different websites. The adult version would also be very cheap to develop because EA already have the ordinary version.

So why doesn't EA make an adult version? The reason is marketing. What EA doesn't want under any circumstances is the Sims games in any way associated with adult games because this would make parents nervous about letting their children have the ordinary Sims game. EA would have to use many millions of dollars to explain to parents that the two versions were completely different and couldn't be mixed. Also the game stores wouldn't like to have both versions and all the time be forced to explain parents that the ordinary Sims 3 version wasn't immoral and harmful in any way. Many game stores would probably refuse to even sell the adult version.

So even though EA could earn a lot of money from the adult version it wouldn't pay out because just the existence of an adult version would harm the sales of the ordinary version. That is the reason why EA will never make an adult version of the Sims games.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/02/10 05:35 PM

lashan34

I think if it that important to keep their image as a family wholesome gamethen why not make a completely differsim games all together for their adult market, i love the sims 3 but i am so getting bored with it. I use to play it all the time and buy every expansion pack out there, but its so boring doing the same things all the time. I found other games that i play online like imvu.com. please ea game make something for adults only, name it My Second Life rated Mature or Adult. that way it has nothing to d with the sims.
zorba2357

Um, old thread ressurection, and didn't you just create a new thread with the same idea?

LittleV

Someone else just made a topic about an adult EP. It might have been the person who resurrected this thread, I don't know. However it is against the rules to discuss this type of content.

Forum Rules wrote:- Do not link to, request, or discuss content that may raise the game rating to an "M". This includes linking to teen pregnancy hacks, nude hacks, etc.

zorba2357

lashan34 wrote:I think if it that important to keep their image as a family wholesome gamethen why not make a completely differsim games all together for their adult market, i love the sims 3 but i am so getting bored with it. I use to play it all the time and buy every expansion pack out there, but its so boring doing the same things all the time. I found other games that i play online like imvu.com. please ea game make something for adults only, name it My Second Life rated Mature or Adult. that way it has nothing to d with the sims.

It is the same person, and look, they also mentioned all the same sites, second life, etc, in both threads.

MagnusDieb

In sims 2 I've had every modification possible at one time or another. It was easy in Sims 2. Sims 3, well this is a whole new animal. I've added mods, but quite frankly sooner or later the game starts acting wierd. For instance, every sim my sim encountered, on the next encounter, they were all fat... I found I was spending more time "fixing" these sims than playing. With the addition of expansion packs I've found the game to be much more interesting and dont have the "need" to modify the game. Even the blur doesnt bother me anymore. My real problem with the game was all the flat chested women, or should I say less endowed? I would like to see a littel more control over things like hips, hieght etc. I love making sims of people I know or can get good pictures of. I've stopped downloading from places like modthesims2 and find I have more fun just playing the game. Adult expansion, I'de buy it sure, I buy all of them anyway whether I like the expansion or not. I love the game, have since sims 1. I even beta tested sims online! Long story short, I'de love an adult version sure, but its not necessary, and sooner or later it would be in the hands of those that shouldnt have it...
jeanamariex3

Dude, Sims 3 is too Disney-ish. In Sims 2 they were much more scandal and naughty.

The would get away with cheating, and the other Sim would have to see it. Sims 3 even babies and toddlers hate you. Um babies and toddlers are actually unaffected. I miss watching Dina slap Don...however, you do realize how many people went at MTV with their pitchforks and torches when Amber Portwood didn't get arrested immediately after hitting her boyfriend in front of their daughter. So naturally, MTV is going to go at EA with their pitchforks and torches.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: