Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Problem Completing Black Bag Job  XML
Forum Index » World Adventures
chattyaholic

In Egypt, for the Black Bag Job my Sim is supposed to go to the Amin house, infiltrate the base and steal information from their computer. I can see a dark area on the floor of the bedroom, which looks like it would be the stairs going to the basement.

I have searched and searched with a fine tooth comb trying to find a switch or something to activate the stairs so she can get down to the basement. I can't find a thing!!

Can someone tell me how to complete this adventure?
SketchElder

Flush the toilet, turn on the stereo, or read something from the bookcase in the bedroom.
chattyaholic

Thanks, I'm off to try those suggestions.
tita_reeves

I had that problem as well. It was the radio. Thanks!
chattyaholic

The toilet worked for me.
melly499

Just wondering if anyone knows in what order the step on stones are because I got a code but no matter what order I count the stones from one thru nine it does not open the doors on the bottom level. I have gone back upstairs flushed the toilet used the toilet turned the stero off and on several times tried the book case and no books in the book case. I am at the end of my leash! The code that was given to me was 2341. I have tried this code to no end the first two levels I got lucky and did not need the code. If this is a glitch therefore if I have to restart how do I do that?
Smeelia

I completed the whole thing without codes because I never thought to actually use/check them (I only had one and thought it was just flavour text). Each switch (other than the "reset" switch) affects the same door(s) and just alternates their position (that is it closes it if it's open and opens it if it's closed) so you can figure out a combination that works using that technique.

I vaguely remember reading that the codes count left to right as you're facing the doors (that is, looking through the glass) if that helps, though I can't say I'm sure .

If all else fails, you could always "re-wire" the tomb by editing the lot and linking all the doors to the same switch. This should also allow you to avoid the bug where you keep getting reminders about a lost code, which happens if you just teleport past the doors (although technically if you teleport between each door in turn that should have the same effect I think, infact you might just have to make sure to stand just past the last door to avoid the message). To edit the lot you have to go to Edit Town, press ctrl+shift+c then type "testingcheatsenabled true" followed by "enablelotlocking true" (both without quotes) and then click on the lot and choose "edit in build/buy mode". Once you're there you can go down to the problem area and either add a switch (use the dropper on an existing one, that's easiest) or use an existing one and ctrl+shift+click on it then choose "Link Triggers..." "Step On" then ctrl+shift+click on the door and choose "Link to Activated Behaviour..." "Open" and do this for each door. That should give you one switch that solves the whole puzzle . Then you can go back and turn off the cheats by typing them in again with "false" instead of "true" (though do them in reverse order since testingcheats gives access to the enablelotlocking cheat). This is probably a much too elaborate way to deal with it though .
SketchElder

2341 is the code for the first floor. I don't remember the other two codes but the third floor also had 4 digits. The correct patterns don't take very long to find through trial and error. Just step on every tile, make notes about which doors each one controls, then reset the doors, and work out a combination that moves each door an odd number of times.
Diskette66

It was 2341 for the first one. The second one was 16252 (I know only supposed to be 4 digits, but that's what worked for me), and 8249 for the last one.
msnana

the codes on the floor tiles are set up like a telephone keypad. Just look at your home telephone keypad and step on the tiles that match the number, in the order. The 1st room the code is 2314.Room 2 tile code is 617 room 3 is 8249. Have your sim step on the tiles like you were dialing those #'s. Then the tiles turn green and off you go.

Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: