Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Unknown illegitimate son in Egypt???  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
ElizaDaye

So, my legacy founder married Sherman nee Bagley ... now Sherman Haloa. They had 2 kids and everything was going swimmingly. Then, when Sherman was in Egypt, he knocked on the door, and a teenage boy answered. A boy with Sherman's MARRIED last name of Haloa ... and relationship of son!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z243/avelinep/soninegypt.jpg
?t=1271862295

The picture is huge, so I'm just linking it.

You can see from the attached screen shot that the boy, Bakri Haloa, is identified as Sherman's son not only from the interaction bar in the top left corner of the scree but also in the relationship tracker in the bottom right of the screen. However, they clearly also only just met.

I suppose it's possible the NPC had a kid in Egypt before he got married to my founder ... but if so, wouldn't he have shown a relationship with someone in Egypt when I first got there, or does making him a playable character wipe foreign relationships? Also ... wouldn't the kid have had the name Bagley, or would his name automatically change when Sherman's did?

The only other person living in the house with the kid was an adult male, I forget his name, but all he and Bakri did was fight, verbally and physically. Then Bakri went to sleep in the only bed and the grownup took the couch.

This is so bizarre! Has this happened to anyone else before?

Smeelia

This happens all the time, it's an annoying bug that doesn't seem to be particularly avoidable. If you check your family tree you should see the other parent of the child listed, when the bug happens it will marry your sim to the parent as well (which is extremely annoying along with the relationship bug that can occur as a result) although since your sim is already married they shouldn't be affected (though the parent sim will probably still have the same last name). If you want to break the family ties to the child then you can export your sim to the library and replace them with a copy but this removes all relationship and family tree information to anyone not exported and replaced together with your sim (so it's a bit of a messy way to deal with it).

I'm fairly sure children do change their last name to the same one as their parents if they were born prior to a marriage (as long as they haven't reached the Young Adult stage at least).
ElizaDaye

Gah, how annoying. >< I've already had to restart my Legacy Challenge four times, there's no way I'm dealing with all that muck. I'll just ... pretend I never saw that kid ... LOL guess Sherman's a deadbeat after all, oh well. Thanks for the help!

What happens in Al Simhara ... stays in Al Simhara ... heh heh heh ...

gabe0199

why dont you work it into your legacy story like something in your founders past or something

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/xRunicElfx

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: