Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
List of tutorials or how do I do that?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
TnT_Terry

Nice work putting all this together Smoky, I have a very useful link you may want to add, but it doesn't have to do with building, rather for enhancing one's simpage

7410852963 (seven is what we call him) has put together a tutorial on how to put videos in your blogs on your simpages here:
http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=365008

I as well as many others have benefitted from this, especially it being the holiday season. I mean nothing more cheerful then hearing your favorite holiday songs as you visit your friends simpages

huggies

cbrock7

I just wanted to thank everyone for the tutorials and to smoky for keeping this together. It is very helpful and I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate it. : )
svlyn

Hey guys i am not sure this has been done before. i dont really have a tutorial but i made something that i like a lot of builders could make very easily.. I see everyone using ivoy on buildings and such. It always bothered me that there was a space of no ivoy between the floors. Well i think i might have found a solution to this.

Here is a picture

If you notice you do not see a gap between ivoy. To make this affect you place the first ivoy on the ground level then add a small bamboo. Use move objects and hold down the options button to place the bamboo right inside the wall slightley. Now go to the second floor and add ivoy object, place it slightly to the right. Now go and get a large bamboo and use moveobject cheat and alt button to place it inside the wall slightly. The result will be continious growth of ivoy right up to the second floor of a building. Really nice effect on chimneys. I hope this makes sense.

Neashaleigh

Great thread! Bookmarked for reference!

I'm currently building a tomb for the first time, so this will be very handy

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh
SmokyTopaz

And a merry Christmas to all to submitted tutorials, and those who enjoyed them!
Tazm1n

svlyn wrote:Hey guys i am not sure this has been done before. i dont really have a tutorial but i made something that i like a lot of builders could make very easily.. I see everyone using ivoy on buildings and such. It always bothered me that there was a space of no ivoy between the floors. Well i think i might have found a solution to this.

Here is a picture

If you notice you do not see a gap between ivoy. To make this affect you place the first ivoy on the ground level then add a small bamboo. Use move objects and hold down the options button to place the bamboo right inside the wall slightley. Now go to the second floor and add ivoy object, place it slightly to the right. Now go and get a large bamboo and use moveobject cheat and alt button to place it inside the wall slightly. The result will be continious growth of ivoy right up to the second floor of a building. Really nice effect on chimneys. I hope this makes sense.

Nice, may have to try this, that is if I've got some ivy, can't say I've seen it in my buy mode.

yoda65

Really helpful! Thanks

shadyladynz

penskii wrote:Still adding links to tutorials?

I recently made this REALLY nifty outdoor closed-in porch area. People probably already know how to do it, but I was so proud of it I made a video on how I did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmHcZlZjLSo

Loved this! Found that you don't need to add a wall to add a door. Works just fine with moveobjects on.
Itzmee

Love this thread ^__^ Lots of great help

DeterminedGirl

Location:✿ ❀ Running out of pet food in Appaloosa Plains ✿ ❀

Great thread, it is bookmarked, but I want to see a tutorial for
How to Place a Spiral Staircase in a Basement With No Foundation.

I'm designing a Spa in a basement and I can't get a spiral staircase to place under a lot that was built on no foundation.

The only way to get underground at the moment is to use the Elevator, but that isn't realistic if the Elevator breaks down as there is no other means of escape in a fire.

I just don't want to use the normal long staircase, it takes up a lot of room.

DeterminedGirl

Location:✿ ❀ Running out of pet food in Appaloosa Plains ✿ ❀

Bump

SmokyTopaz

Sorry Determindedgirl but this isn't really a help thread, just a list of tutorials that people have made. Hope you solved your problem.
ZooProfessor3

SmokyTopaz:

I don't know if you would want to add these or not. They are not tutorials per se, they are more like online classes for building with step-by-step instructions and a lot of pictures.

I am teaching a class in how to build a farm in three lessons.

Lesson 1 was "Building the Barn" and can be found here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/487894.page#7440

Lesson 2 was "Building the Farmhouse" and can be found here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/489324.page#7487

Lesson 3 will be this Saturday (1/28/12) and will be "Finishing the Farm". You will find the link to register for it here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/491984.page#7498093

The photos of the final product for Lessons 1 and 2, plus the completed homework for each of those lessons is here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/489765.page

socalkdl

Hi Smoky. I have a new tutorial entitled "Building Victorian Homes: a Tutorial by Socalkdl" located here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/500281.page
It is not complete yet, but it basically follows the construction of two Victorian homes, well one is an Edwardian, technically post-Victorian, the other is a Second Empire. It is 2 pages so far, covering foundation and basement creation and stopping at the creation of a Mansard roofed attic. I will be adding more to it this week as I finish the houses. Feel free to plug me in somewhere
Thanks,
Kirk

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/13/12 05:01 AM

Dreamer32910

This thread will come in great use to me. *bookmarked*

Thank you

"Well bad things from my past are buried not dead, they haunt me like ghosts begging me to let them go but they make me who I am." Madina Lake

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: