Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
New Patch - Game Update for 1.32 (Patch pulled) 3/15 Patch 1.33 Available - Update 3/16  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
crinrict

ellacharm3d wrote:

So for first group, what's to be done?
- Uninstall base game (only)
- reinstall
- patch to 1.29 or 1.31 with superpatcher of either of these versions (whichever one you have without having to redownload)
- patch to 1.32 with the incremental patch from the "Current" page of below link (or Launcher if you want)

Archived patch links are in the SimsWiki Patch pages. This forum hate the wiki URLs, so sorry if I muck this up. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching --> Patch_Download (link in header) --> Archived --> Sims 3 patches

Thanks Ella. Do you think the reinstall is necessary ? What will be the side effects other than have the stuff in your game ?

Good to know that one only has to reinstall the base game

crinrict

Treesoar64 wrote:My only question is why would they include theses new features in the super patch but not in the others? I feeling that something is not adding up here.

Uh, I know that one, easy question:

Cause they screwed up big time.

Suzan2k

It says "Update error: invalid file found."
crinrict

Normally I would say, use the manual super patcher but now I can't.

Here's a few suggestions: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-invalid-file-found-o
r-file-not-found.html

Patch Downloader might be able to tell you which file it is.

exotickitten

Uninstalling showtime and reinstalling it didn't work. Am trying to uninstall base game, should i also uninstall ambitions, since I have deluxe?

Oopsy.
Diancarock

Hey Crin, Yeah I did a complete uninstall with all EP's and Sp's and that's how I got a hold of all the EP 7 stuff. So you're saying to do a uninstall of the base game to get rid of the new skin ramps, sliders, effects, and interactions? You also said that since we did it that way, we're not really patched? But before I even patched the game wasn't letting me log in while in game. Now it is. I'm also using MC right now with little problems, although I've been noticing a significant amount of lag, and freezing that patch 1.31 got rid of. If I just uninstall the base game, will my other EP's and Sp's stay patched at the highest patch?
crinrict

I'm not sure if you HAVE to reinstall unless you want to get rid of the stuff. ellacharm3d was recommending it. I think if you want to keep using your custom skin tones, you should.

I don't know about the EPs but I think they should stay fully patched. I don't know much about it, honestly. Maybe ella can tell you more about it.

exotickitten

crinrict wrote:I'm not sure if you HAVE to reinstall unless you want to get rid of the stuff. ellacharm3d was recommending it. I think if you want to keep using your custom skin tones, you should.

I don't know about the EPs but I think they should stay fully patched. I don't know much about it, honestly. Maybe ella can tell you more about it.

Just wanted to toss you a quick thanks. I've noticed you trying to help people all over this section of the forums. I personally am thankful that someone is offering advice. We're all going nuts here trying to fix this game we just blew money on.

Oopsy.
Diancarock

crinrict wrote:I'm not sure if you HAVE to reinstall unless you want to get rid of the stuff. ellacharm3d was recommending it. I think if you want to keep using your custom skin tones, you should.

Oh I don't mind getting rid of it, if it's going to cause problems later on. For instance, I use mods and CC. How are the modders going to mod in the future if some us have one patch and the others have another...You get what I'm saying. How will we know which mod is compatible with the "super" patch or the regular patch.
Treesoar64

crinrict wrote:
Treesoar64 wrote:My only question is why would they include theses new features in the super patch but not in the others? I feeling that something is not adding up here.

Uh, I know that one, easy question:

Cause they screwed up big time.
I have to agree with you there.

exotickitten

Update: Did the uninstall and reinstall of just the base game. Hmmm. Now only shows base game content and Sunset Valley. I only loaded to the main menu and then quit out. Now what?

Oopsy.
crinrict

exotickitten wrote:
Just wanted to toss you a quick thanks. I've noticed you trying to help people all over this section of the forums. I personally am thankful that someone is offering advice. We're all going nuts here trying to fix this game we just blew money on.

Thanks. Appreciate the compliment I do my best.

As for your issue: Did you do DEP ? You might want to seek help in technical.

@Diancarock: I don't know either but it seems tuning mods will be fine. Don't now about the CAS ones but the big problem will be skins. That has nothing to do with the modders though.

crinrict

exotickitten wrote:Update: Did the uninstall and reinstall of just the base game. Hmmm. Now only shows base game content and Sunset Valley. I only loaded to the main menu and then quit out. Now what?

Did you patch the basegame ?

exotickitten

My launcher won't patch. And am hesitant as I am not sure exactly which patch to hunt down and manually install. I have deluxe disc for base game, and digital download for the showtime ep. The only stuff I don't have yet is Master Suite and Outdoor Living.
Am seriously considering uninstalling everything. And starting from scratch and not updating until showtime finishes the install.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 08:15 PM

Oopsy.
Suzan2k

I tried update Origins and reinstall showtime, still the same..........

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: