Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
A Craftsman Style House - Build Contest - Closed - All GIFTED!  XML
Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Elimarna

@romagi1
Thanks! The exterior has changed a lot. I decided to keep the color of the flagstone on the house, but, as I mentioned, killed the fat white line, which improved it a ton. Using a different front door, as well, but all the doors and windows were recolored/patterned to match, both inside and out, as were the stairs and railings.

I was going to start the inside yesterday after I finished making a waterfall out back, but after spending 2/3 of my day on the waterfall I got stuck on landscaping, so I've got that maybe 1/2 done and next to nothing done inside except a few built-ins I had been fiddling with to see if I could make them convincing. They convince me, at the very least, so I guess that's good. Hoping to either finish landscaping and get through a minimum of 3-5 rooms inside or do 75% of the interior today. Either would work and get me closer to where I was hoping to be by now.

Also going to help keep this on the first page while our amazing host is gone. This contest is too awesome to fall into the netherworld.

romagi1

Yep, page 5 is to far back!

Siggy by Patrick (mona 1996)
Elimarna

Page 5 again? GRRRRR

Deadline is only 4 days away, guys! Time to finish up those entries and submit them!

Or in my case, start furnishing the second floor...

Sandraelle

Here is my entry:

Creator’s Name/User’s Name: Sandraelle
Name of the House/Lot: The Blue Ridge Craftsman
Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5824317
Slideshow link: http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii521/Iwannanoe2/The%20%20B
lue%20Ridge%20Craftsman/

Description: The Blue Ridge is a new construction 2-story home with 4 BD/5.5 BA and decorated in shades of blues, yellows and browns throughout. The first floor features a formal dining room, office, powder room, living room w/fireplace, bar, laundry room, guest room with guest bath, another bath that can accessed from outdoors, a mudroom and a large laundry room. Also on the first floor is the master suite with his and her baths and walk-in closets. On the 2nd floor you’ll find 2 more bedrooms, a bath, a game room that opens up and overlooks the living room below, and a media room. The house did not originally come with a garage, so when the new owners built one, they decided to put in a basement beneath the garage which now houses their home gym, a spa tub and separate bathroom with shower. The pool is the focal point in this inviting lushly landscaped backyard and comes with a slide and a fountain that spills into the pool. A built-in BBQ, a fire pit with built-in seating, and a treehouse and play area for the kids can also be found in the backyard.

whatsociallife

Sandraelle - that's a gorgeous house. An unusual colour choice for a Craftsman but it really works. Rec'd

Agnezawars

Sandraelle-it's so lovely home The kitchen /dinning room are my favorite part.Great job !

Elimarna

Sandraelle, that is a really cute house. Very nicely done!

My entry is... well, about a third furnished? Hehe, I'm making horrible progress on it. It's a bit pathetic how slowly I'm moving through it, actually. I think it's partially because I'm getting some mental grief from myself right now about real life stuff and how I feel like I'm wasting all my time when I should be trying harder to find a job, but oh well. My entry will be done soon and entered.

walkingstick

Nice house Sandraelle. Love that blue colour. Left a rec.

Agnezawars

Elimarna-don't worry.I'm perfectionist,and I need lot of time (sometime -weeks) to finish one house.

romagi1

Sandraelle, Great entry! Love the pool and backyard! Rec'd of course!

Elimarna, I would hate to fess how many hours it takes me to build a house! The interior is what takes me the longest because I don't enjoy interior design.

Siggy by Patrick (mona 1996)
Sandraelle

whatsociallife wrote:Sandraelle - that's a gorgeous house. An unusual colour choice for a Craftsman but it really works. Rec'd

Thanks so much Social....it was many other colors and textures before I decided on the blue, it just popped more than the other choices I was considering. And thx for the rec

Sandraelle

Agnezawars wrote:Sandraelle-it's so lovely home The kitchen /dinning room are my favorite part.Great job !

Thank you Agneza, I redid the kitchen several times too...I get so obsessive about my choices that I'm continually redoing them.

turistas9

Sandraelle wrote:

is that chair that connects into one a EA item or CC?

Sandraelle

Elimarna wrote:Sandraelle, that is a really cute house. Very nicely done!

My entry is... well, about a third furnished? Hehe, I'm making horrible progress on it. It's a bit pathetic how slowly I'm moving through it, actually. I think it's partially because I'm getting some mental grief from myself right now about real life stuff and how I feel like I'm wasting all my time when I should be trying harder to find a job, but oh well. My entry will be done soon and entered.

Thanks Elimarna....that's how I felt about the progress on mine, I was fretting about how long it was taking me and was afraid I wouldn't be done by the deadline and I felt like I was wasting so much of my free time on it...and when I was at work, I couldn't wait to get back to building, lol. I'm sure yours will be fabulous when you're finished and can't wait to see it. Good luck!

Sandraelle

romagi1 wrote:Sandraelle, Great entry! Love the pool and backyard! Rec'd of course!

Elimarna, I would hate to fess how many hours it takes me to build a house! The interior is what takes me the longest because I don't enjoy interior design.

Thanks for the rec Romagi. Ditto above, I've never kept track of the hours, but I spend weeks sometimes getting something built. And mostly because I'm never happy with my first choices, I am constantly changing and redoing. This is my 2nd contest and I am hooked already!!

Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Go to: