Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 World Adventures installing error!? :(!  XML
Forum Index » World Adventures
BellzIzInsane

Hey guys I am having a problem with my Sims 3 world adventures. First off there are no scratches on it at all. Also when i first got it, it installed perfectly BUT my hard drive failed and dell sent me a new one blah blah blah. So i went to install my games. The Sims 2 and Expansion packs installed just fine perfectly normal and fast. As did the original sims 3 game. BUT when i went to install the sims 3 world adventures the bar got about half way through and it said: File:E:\Caches\China.ObjectCache Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
Has anyone else gotten this error and resolved it in any way? Thanks guys i look forward to your replies....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/28/10 06:42 PM

Nichaedemus

Hi,

First, ensure that the game disc is not damaged or dirty. Cleaning the disc and the DVD drive using a cleaning kit may help. Scan and defrag the hard drive if necessary. For your specific issue, please refer to the following thread and EA Support article:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/947.page
And:
http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_a
dp.php?p_faqid=8494&p

If none of the above works, you can give this a try next:

1.) Open Windows Start menu
2.) Select Run
3.) Type msconfig
4.) In the Services tab disable all items
5.) In the Startup tab uncheck all items
6.) Restart computer in Safe Mode (press F8 during bootup)
7.) While in Safe Mode insert The Sims 3 DVD disc
8.) Use Windows Explorer to locate SETUP.EXE on the disc
9.) Right-click SETUP.EXE and select the option to run it as an Administrator
10.) Installation should now proceed without any CRC errors
11.) Reboot the computer normally

Since you have EP1, the following EA Support article may also help:

http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_a
dp.php?p_faqid=23827

If your issue is still not resolved, verify that the software drivers for the DVD drive are in fact functioning properly and that the DVD drive controller is set to DMA Mode. You can also replace the DVD drive unit with a newer model either purchased or borrowed - if your PC is still under warranty, contact Dell for a free replacement drive. The Sims 3 disc (and its subsequent expansions) apparently has issues with certain optical drives due to the way it was stamped at manufacturing.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/28/10 08:08 PM

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
jellopanda

I did what you recommended, and my computer won't work anymore! Yay!

Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: