Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Freezes when trying to move sim out  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Susannah81

I was wondering if anyone has had this same problem and if there are any troubleshoots to fix: the game freezes when trying to move a sim out of a household. Thanks
MiyuEmi

I'm getting this when I go to Edit Town and try to move a member of the main household out on their own. This seems to be a pretty common problem at the moment and hopefully EA will get it fixed. As I just said in a recent post, WA seems to have clogged the towns with too many random people in the form of tourists and I'm curious if this is causing major problems because there isn't a single hostel, like the ones your sims stays in abroad, in either Sunset Valley nor in Riverview and I'm fairly certain I've never seen one available for placement. They have to be built, so all these people are just stuck wandering around and from my experience, the tourists seem to be forever caught in pathfinding issues, that includes Explorers when your sim is abroad.

13cek

i get the same thing only tho, when i try to split a household in edit town

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/189663.page

xlilcip15x

My game also gets stuck on "processing," whether I'm trying to move out via phone or by using edit town --> split up household.

I even left it at "processing" last night before I went to sleep (just to see if it would EVER go through)... 9 hours later, still processing!

Is there at least a work around for this? I'd really like to get these sims out of the household somehow (without deleting them).
Thank you!

(**crosses fingers for a patch that addresses this bug, the broken family tree bug, and the random foreign baby / heartbreak bug!!** ... all pretty big things!)
jrg2222

Here's a thread with more posts on this subject: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/128780.page

As far as the tourists go, they seem to be very problematic. My regular neighborhood is also flooded with tourists who seem to just be wandering around aimlessly. One time I tried inviting foreign visitors myself (using the phone or computer) and I had a lot of problems. The visitor never showd up on the scheduled date, then when I went back to the computer, the "invite foreign sim" option was blurred out. I had to do some magic to get them to arrive (using a very safe, non-core mod), then I asked them to leave. After they left, the "invite foreign sim" option was still blurred out, t was eventually fixed after I took another vacation of my own.

One other thing that might be causing/affecting the move/edit town problem deals with neighborhood npc's. I always control one household, but micro-manage the neighborhood using the edit town screen. I also merge random sims into my household, build up their skills/careers, hook them up with other sims, then move them out. Sometimes I use the "add sim to household" command on npc's, especially adult males (a demographic that always seems to be in short supply in my residential neigborhood).

The last couple of times I've done that, I've encountered problems I've never had before. A couple of weeks ago, I added a maid into my household. After the "add to houshold" command, I ordered an outfit change (to their everyday outfit), and they showed up as invisible. Even after using the dresser and mirror (entering create-a-sim), they still showed up as invisible in the game (even though their body showed up on other menu screens in the game). Eventually I moved them out of the house, and they showed up correctly in the neighborhood. I tried this again a few days ago with a maid named Reggie. After a lot of problems, I eventually got him to show up by sending him on vacation. However, he's stuck in my house now, since the edit town & move options are corrupted at this time.

I bought World Adventures about 2 weeks ago, and when I installed it prompted me to patch up. I was able to play without problems for about a week and a half, but a few days ago the anti-move glitch started to occur. The last patch should take a lot of the blame for this problem, but the thing with the tourists and the npc's may also be causing it.
girlygirle2002

I have not noticed any randam tourist sims in my town but I can't move any one out. The only sim I got to move out got married to a sim and just moved into his house. I think that was just lucky. I hope they fix this soon since it's getting rather old trying different ways with the same results of freezing.
jrg2222

I posted this temporary workaround in another thread about this bug:

If you want to move some or all of your household resident out of your current house, go to edit town, then evict your household. If you want to move your entire household to a new home, then choose them from the neighborhood clipboard, and place them in a new house.

If you want to split the household, the game gave you the option after you evict them. It creates 2 (or more) families on the clipboard. Move the new "unwanted" sim family into a new house, then move the remaining original family back into your old house (or a new one if you want). Then re-select your old household and play again as normal.
reyangi

jrg2222 wrote:I posted this temporary workaround in another thread about this bug:

If you want to move some or all of your household resident out of your current house, go to edit town, then evict your household. If you want to move your entire household to a new home, then choose them from the neighborhood clipboard, and place them in a new house.

If you want to split the household, the game gave you the option after you evict them. It creates 2 (or more) families on the clipboard. Move the new "unwanted" sim family into a new house, then move the remaining original family back into your old house (or a new one if you want). Then re-select your old household and play again as normal.

I tried this and it works right up until I try to select my old house as the active household, then my game freezes up on me again. I just got this game and all the expansion packs for Christmas and it's almost 2 years since the first post about this problem. You'd think EA would have fixed this by now. I'm very disappointed. It's become more aggravating than it is fun. At this point I don't even think I'd recommend this game to a friend.
TheSuperginge

I have the core version of Sims 3, with the Ambitions expansion, and latest patch + updates, so I don't have tourists, but I'm also experiencing the freezing at "processing" problem when I use the phone, computer, edit town etc to move house.
Very annoying, because I always buy my sims a cheap and nasty small house until they can afford a massive one to bring up children in, but now I'm stuck in a horrible house on a tiny lot.
Come on EA, this problem has been here for 2 years now, and you're doing nothing about it!
TheSuperginge

Best way I can find around this so far, is to evict the family (unfortunately losing their current promised wishes) and then moving them into a new house and selecting that as the active household again.
This means that they effectively sell all their furniture, including special items gained through the lifetime happiness points system thingymabob, so if there's anything you want them to keep, then make sure you move it into their family inventory before evicting them.
Hope someone finds a better solution than this.
Good luck everyone.
Chemicalxlove5

Having the same problem right now :/ Come on EA, step up your game.
kikosimXL

Ugh having this problem right now. Can't move any existing sims anywhere without getting hours of never-ending "processing". Why do I even keep buying sims games if they don't ever work properly??

I'm going to make another sim and try using awesome mod to manually place people in new households. How come everyone but EA can make mods that actually work for their own game?
Morganxox143

My family is full. I'm trying to move one out and it get's stuck on that dang processing screen..... it irritates me cause I have to restart the whole game and it takes forever to load

EA please fix this!!!
Cindypaine

I was having the same problem and I was able to fix it by going into edit town mode and splitting up the household I hope this helps
Lamb_likeawolf

I'm having a similar/same problem.
I'm trying to do a legacy challenge, and I want the spare to move out of the house and in with one of the three women he had a baby with. So I first tried having them have a private wedding at her house and moving him in with her, so I can simultaneously get him out of the house and in with his family. Processing forever. Had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get into task manager and end the sims 3 program.
Then I tried moving her and the toddler in with him from her house to his house (his house being the active household) and it was also processing forever. Had to end the sims 3 program from task manager again.
I tried a third way, having him go back home and moving her and the toddler into his house. Again, processing forever.

Every time I do this, I have to use resetsim to get the woman unstuck, but the guy and the toddler are always fine.
All 3 times were private weddings.
I have Late Night and Pets installed, no other expansions.
Running game version: 10.0.96.014001, which I know is out of date, BUT it should be after the Pets and Late Night expansions anyway.

I also ran into another thread about this, and no one seemed to get a fix there either. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/26127.page

EDIT: So, I updated my game and then I had him ask her to move in with him while he was at his house, and THEN have the wedding. This worked just fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/18/12 02:26 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: