Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Is the exchange safe?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
xXSims3XxX

Is it safe for me to download sims/clothes etc from the exchange without getting a virus? As i dont want to go through all the bother with downloading from other websites as you have to install programs/make new folders etc.... so is it safe for me to download from there?

I have read FuryReds topic with the tutorials in and she said its safe, i would just like someone elses opinion please

Also, if i delete the sim after, will i still have the CC?

Thanking You Already

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/30/11 01:36 PM

Zeri

honestly? i would say no. you wont get a virus, but you may get bad CC that will mess up your toddlers and its impossible to get rid of.

in all honesty, other sites are safer to download from, because you know EXACTLY what you are getting
xXSims3XxX

Zeri wrote:honestly? i would say no. you wont get a virus, but you may get bad CC that will mess up your toddlers and its impossible to get rid of.

in all honesty, other sites are safer to download from, because you know EXACTLY what you are getting

Oh, okay thanks.

If you dont mind me asking - if i did get messed up toddlers, then i thought that i would be able to just delete the content from my launcher?

Zeri

i thought so too. untill it happend to me and now i cant get rid of it. anything i download from some other site can very easily be removed from the mods/packages folder. removing simpacks, not as easy.

i deleted it from the launcher, and its still in the game. im not going to reinstall over this, noway
xXSims3XxX

Zeri wrote:i thought so too. untill it happend to me and now i cant get rid of it. anything i download from some other site can very easily be removed from the mods/packages folder. removing simpacks, not as easy.

i deleted it from the launcher, and its still in the game. im not going to reinstall over this, noway

Oo, i have backed up my game so if i do get that iteam of clothing then i will renenstall - hoping that my backup folder game thingy will work

Zeri

yes backing up is ALWAYS a good idea ^_^
MarioSim05

It's kind of weird that we can't fully trust the official website's exchange system.

Zeri

lol yea ironic isnt it?

i got alot of problems with the sims 2 website too. at least no mods come along with this one, so that is good. if only there was a way to block that borked content that screws up kids
xXSims3XxX

Zeri wrote:yes backing up is ALWAYS a good idea ^_^

Lol

@MarioSim05 - Im still new to downloading so i dont know what i find safer etc, i just doont want to get a virus - i dont mind if my sims go deformed as i can fix that (in most cases by re-enstalling sims )

Zeri

in my experience geting a virus from CC is rare, to nonexistant. some sites maybe have viruses on them in ads and such, but the content itself is usauly safe
xXSims3XxX

Zeri wrote:in my experience geting a virus from CC is rare, to nonexistant. some sites maybe have viruses on them in ads and such, but the content itself is usauly safe

Thanks again

alicekimpo

Hi i am a younger player on sims3 and im not allowed to donwload anything from the excange. is the any proof i can show my parents that it is safe?
thanks guy xox
alicekimpo

soz i ment guys at the end!
any proof would be great x
Crazycatldy

There is no proof.
kelli121

Well I guess I think it's partially safe. I've downloaded sims from the exchange and I have gotten bad custom content, but it was easy to uninstall and I haven't had any problems since. BTW I still have the nice custom content that came with the sim.

http://crinrict.blogspot.com/2010/07/bad-cc-kategorisiert-fur.h
tml
there's a list of a lot of bad custom content that will give you glitches and all you have to do is uninstall that stuff if you see it on your list of installed things. Just check it off then press uninstall.

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: