Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Vrie Calconne - Would you care to furnish a house today?  XML
Forum Index » Create a World
Wyndhane

Hello, cats and kittens. This here is the BRAND NEW and VERY EXCITING first page of the thread of this

world.

I fondly call her "Connie".

Connie's Status:

Connie contains a bunch of empty shells of houses that presently desire furnishing by a loving hand. Or whatever appendages you use to play The Sims; I certainly do not intend to discriminate against, say, people without hands.

If you're interested in helping out with the furnishing, here is a file of the world stripped nearly bare-boned naked, aside from the residential homes available for furnishing by the simming public. (and a couple of already furnished ones that may serve as examples and sources of inspiration to people who desire this) (this is primarily to drive the size of the world-file down. That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking with it.)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e7ftc04k48yv9c7/Furnish%20Vrie%20
Calconne%20correctly%20numbered.rar

(EDIT: D: waugh, I appear to have managed to mix up the numbering of the buildings the first time around. Should be fixed now. D:)

If you do decide to download the file, take a liking to one of the horrible, empty shells of what looks like a house from the outside but is emptiness, only emptiness inside, and opt to furnish it and reupload the furnished version for me to integrate into the world properly, please proclaim this in the thread so that other people may know that a particular house is already reserved by somebody.

The homes bear their corresponding number (as seen on the maps below) in the world file as well.

Upper City, Upper Class Homes

*pink: completely unfurnished
*orange: partially furnished
*turquoise: furnished, can be viewed in the world file as an example or, you know, if you're looking for inspiration or something

1: Furnished, Wyndhane
2: Furnished, Wyndhane
3: -
4: -
5: -
6: -
7: Furnished, Maximilian1996
8: -
9: Furnished, YOTEAMO
10: Furnished, YOTEAMO
11: -
12: Being worked on by WindWineKiwi8
13: -
14: Being worked on by WindWineKiwi8
15: Being worked on by WindWineKiwi8
16: -
17: Furnished, YOTEAMO
18: Furnished, YOTEAMO
19: Being worked on by YOTEAMO
20: -
21: -
22: -
23: -
24: -
25: -
26: -
27: -
28: -
29: -
30: -

Lower City, Middle Class Homes

31: -
32: -
33: -
34: Being worked on by Drowssap
35: -
36: -
37: -
38: -
39: -
40: Furnished, iheartducks
41: -
42: -
43: -
44: -
45: -
46: -
47: -
48: -
49: -
50: -
51: Furnished, Maximilian1996
52: -
53: Being worked on by YOTEAMO
54: Being worked on by YOTEAMO
55: Furnished, YOTEAMO
Lower City, Slums/Poor Homes

56: Furnished, Wyndhane
57: Furnished, YOTEAMO
58: Furnished, YOTEAMO
59: Furnished, YOTEAMO
60: Furnished, Allison18
61: -
62: -
63: -
64: -
65: -
66: -
67: -
68: -
69: -
70: -
71: -
72: -
73: -
74: Furnished, Clayworld
75: Furnished, Clayworld
76: Furnished, Clayworld
77: Furnished, Clayworld
78: Furnished, Clayworld
Lower City, Upper Middle Class Homes

79: Furnished, Wyndhane
80: -
81: -
82: -
83: Furnished, iheartducks
84: Furnished, iheartducks
85: Being worked on by SimsGirl003
86: -
87: -
88: -
Forest, Bandit Camp/Pretty Much Slums-Niveau Homes

89: Furnished, Wyndhane
90: Furnished, Wyndhane
91: Furnished, Wyndhane
92: Furnished, Clayworld
93: Furnished, Clayworld
Hooray, a section is done!

World requirements:

A decent PC :X

World Adventures
Ambitions
Late Night

No Stuff-Packs (how did I get "service packs" out of that? o_O)
No CC

(unless, you know, you consider recolors CC, but there is no additional installing anything required or anything. THIS IS A SILLY DEBATE ANYWAY PEOPLE, SERIOUSLY.)

Any home you furnish will bear a "Furnished by (NAME)."-stamp in it's lot description. Additionally, credit will be given in the final release thread post and in the legendarily awesome Temple of Credits in the world itself (not included in this furnish-version of Connie.)

::cough:: That aside, the only legitimate reasons for you people to help me out here I can think of are boredom and a desire to finally see this ridiculously oversized project come to a close. It's been about a year now, and I am... I am just so sick of building. D: I never was the sort of person who plays The Sims to build things to begin with.
I will eventually furnish them all myself if need be, but it's going to take a good while longer than it would with help. :x

This message was edited 36 times. Last update was at 06/20/11 07:07 AM

Rflong7

Hi,

I can only see 3 pictures.

I don't see why you would think there would be loads of fantasy worlds when most players want Realistic stuff and we're limited by the Rabbit holes and Story Progression.

If you want to keep the fantasy illusion then you will need to go for the basement build or the rugs.
CC is up to you. You said the world is for yourself so do it the way you want~ It's the only way.

Wyndhane

Only three? Seriously?

OK, that's odd, they all show up for me... but I've an idea what may be the problem, give me a moment.

Also - we're not actually limited by rabbitholes and such. :O There's at least two different kinds of easily hidden rabbithole placeables out there I know of. This *does* make the world require a particular bit of custom content to work, but it does work just fine.

The idea has come up among the threads every now and then I believe... I don't really understand why it hasn't caught.

Anyway, I'll go see if I can get those pics fixed. :-)

Addendum:
Do they show up now? If they don't, I'm out of ideas.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/22/10 06:13 AM

auntielynds

First of all, you need to fix your pics because I'm dying to see the ones I can't!
Edit- Pics fixed! thankyou,
Second, Wow! I can't wait to see this progress. You're right about the fantasy worlds. I expected to see loads of them too, but it must take a certain type of person to take it to the fantasy zone. It could be everyone's first worlds will tend to be conventional until they get to know the tool.

I have the brown lot problem, but they look fine in game. I tweaked some of the grass textures and made them darker. Here's my textures I used in Castle Keep.
Castle Keep Texture Pack

You do not need to mark world objects with routing paint, After you build routing data, click the "show routing data" and you should be able to see red squares around your world objects so sims can't go through them.

Keep us updated, Love it so far!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/22/10 06:26 AM

Wyndhane

! MOAR TEXTURES :D

there can never be such a thing as too many textures! <3

Also: oh wow. :D I thought it would show up in the game as well, it does in edit-in-game. It's a relief to hear that it won't, thank you. :D I thought I'd have to go look for an altogether different grass texture, and I like this one. ^^"
Rflong7

Wyndhane wrote: Only three? Seriously?

OK, that's odd, they all show up for me... but I've an idea what may be the problem, give me a moment

Also - we're not actually limited by rabbitholes and such. :O There's at least two different kinds of easily hidden rabbithole placeables out there I know of. This *does* make the world require a particular bit of custom content to work, but it does work just fine.

The idea has come up among the threads every now and then I believe... I don't really understand why it hasn't caught.

Anyway, I'll go see if I can get those pics fixed.

Addendum:
Do they show up now? If they don't, I'm out of ideas.

Lol~ I see I edited as I typed, I do that a lot.

I had: you either use CC or the basement tool to hide the rabbit holes but since this world is just for you then you can use CC and not worry.

It's all in what you want. I would love to have my pirate world but I don't want to have to use CC and wait for it to be updated every Expansion or stuff pack I add. It's too much of a hassle for me. Not saying you can't, far from it. Go for it.

Some people need to See to believe, I don't. Most of my Fantasy world I play is in my head. So, while the Story Progression Sims come and go in their normal clothes and taxis whiz by on the moon- I can keep playing without worrying about it.

*Hey! I did say use the rugs or basements.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/22/10 06:58 AM

Wyndhane

It'd be unkind to publically build what I hope to become an awesome world and then say "NO! This delicious candy I have dangled in front of your nose is MINE! YOU NO GET!" ^^ It depends. If there's even one person who'd like to use the map too, it's worth uploading. If nobody, or just a couple of people, want/s it (it's really too early to expect definite answers on that, though), I may as well use rabbithole replacements. It seems to me that it gets less and less reasonable to expect people to download cc to use the world the greater the number of people involved.

And yeah. :D I'd probably be worried about the addon and the waiting-for-mods-to-be-updated that comes with it, but I actually haven't been able to play the game since CAW came out. Too ill-content with the base world, and after that, once the first properly fleshed-out worlds came out, shortly after too ill-content with them, too. I have this "MUST HAVE PALACE"-tick. You think Sims helps keep potential IRL dictator-mad(wo)men calm? ^^

As things stand, I expect to cover the pit-of-no-working-cc by building Calconne. :D

... ! @communication confusion
omg yes! You did. I didn't listen. Read. Thing. You know. :x I plead "WHAT! The pictures don't show up?!"-preoccupation. But. It's actually because I'm a spazz. :x It's true. But tell no one. IT IS A SECRET!
Rflong7

You'll see, they all see how hard it is to make the fabulous, fantastical fantasy worlds without the CC. Mwwahahahah4rewrerwetiety54394y ~ where was I?

Oh, right.
This game limits in the building of fantasy worlds because it's still only on the second expansion. I expect the next one to add much more stuff and the next and the next and so on and so on.

So, add you CC, create your vision-istical world and then see how much CC you can take away. It's best to go all out to see what you want and can do and bring it down after, then to get the drudge of creating less of your vision.

And I don't believe you, I think panic hit you and you jumped with the adrenaline rushing through your mind...

*Oh, wait~ I didn't comment on your world.

I like the snow. It looks good so far. Can't wait to see what else you do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/22/10 08:01 AM

Wyndhane

Hmm. I think you're trying to tempt me into using lots and lots of CC so that I then will despair upon finding that MY MASTERPIECE! must be destroyed in order to be shared with the world. But oh no! Not I! I see through your clever tricks! Striving for perfection drives mankind to madness! My soul is yet my own! Fie, demon. Fie.

But... what if this is reverse psychology? Oh no! ::nervous nail chewing::

Naw. Seriously though, the only bit of CC I'm contemplating adding are the rabbithole rugs. I can always make a second version with whatever embellishments I've downloaded once the "compatible with (mostly) everybody"-version is done, if I want to. It'd be downright impractical to do anything else.

Speaking of impractical things.
Pedestrian areas downtown. Too much time loss? It'd suck for the sims to be, say, late to work every single time because of bad routing.
Rflong7

Wyndhane wrote:...

Naw. Seriously though, the only bit of CC I'm contemplating adding are the rabbithole rugs. I can always make a second version with whatever embellishments I've downloaded once the "compatible with (mostly) everybody"-version is done, if I want to. It'd be downright impractical to do anything else.

Speaking of impractical things.
Pedestrian areas downtown. Too much time loss? It'd suck for the sims to be, say, late to work every single time because of bad routing.

It's all I was saying. Use the rugs first.
I'm no demon- I am an Angel- Ain~gel.

If you can't take my word for it then just ask my other personality. She knows, oh, she knows...

& Pedestrian areas?
Bad routing is always bad for any reason. It's fun to make it hard sometimes, though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/22/10 09:03 AM

Wyndhane

Oh. God.
I thought the "you" in "Add you" was a "your" typo. You know, like you'd suggested "add your CC, then take away as much as you can", as opposed to "If you add your CC".
You're probably just messing with my head now, aren't you? :x Or else I'm incapable of communication. Probably the latter.

Pedestrian areas like so. :D And further community buildings connected by sidewalks. Keeping the roads close by seems sensible. Putting lots together as close as possible, then building to their very edges should create alleyways... but how practical is that? Depending on the graphics settings, those lots might have to load anew whenever the camera gets close to them. Many small lots? Or a few large ones?
The Northwest/Southeast space on this pic for instance could be filled with such lots.
Rflong7

Riverview is set up kind of like that. I don't see any reason not to do it.

*Except they do like to bump into each other on the sidewalks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/22/10 09:37 AM

girlyb

This is so cool! I love the fact that its fantasy and unlike any others. I personally would love for you to share it! So far I LOVE THE SNOW and the dark colors. Its fantastic!

My Desert World:
Terra Pintado
HappySimmer3

If nothing else, this has been very entertaining to read.

Looks very interesting, I'll keep an eye on your progress to see what else you do with it. Only comments I have is that first, for those using AwesomeMod, unroutable collectibles can cause havoc; and secondly, I "cheat" too. Only I don't call it cheating, I call it playing the game MY way and not how someone else tells me to play it.

buddywuddy21

Wow, it looks beautiful so far. I also can't wait to see more progress. The only thing I'm wondering is, will the ice/snow texture transfer with the world? I think I may have it already but I'm not sure. You might not know if it is or not. I've also wondered why not many people have made fantasy worlds. I've tried to before, but I suck at creating worlds in general.

Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: