Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
inventor  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Zhara

How do you sell things as a inventor that is self-employeed? I tried the consignment shop, while it gave me money. It didn't count it towards the money that needed to be earned.
gatorgirl519

I'm wondering the same thing. Anybody with a guide?
fran666

yeah! I was thinking the same - I receive the money into my household funds however it does not count towards the money for the next promotion...maybe a glitch?
wkhamm

I'm having this same problem. I'm not sure how my inventor is supposed to advance in his career! I've sold things at the consignment shop, but it doesn't count toward his career. Right now he's being supported by his ghost hunting wife.

JoshScott10

i know technically being self-employed can still be considered a career, but being that your sim is his/her own boss, how exactly can they earn promotions from themselves? i'm probably not thinking this through properly as it's midnight here and i also haven't fully explored the new expansion and as such haven't tried having a sim be self-employed, but'd have figured self-employed income would be base more on your skill level and doing the jobs instead of working up some corporate ladder. either that or maybe for best results one would have their sim work under a company for a while, then become self-employed.

just some late night ponderings
AlphaLoup

I’ve been selling my sim’s inventions straight from my inventory and he is advancing in his career. Try that.
fran666

but how exactly do you sell out of your inventory? do you just go up to any sims and the option is there to sell? Because my sim does not have that option... also is the invention in your family inventory or your backpack?
fran666

ohhhhhh just a thought does your sim have the new salesman trait?
Tiumi

What AlphaLoup means is that, to sell his inventions, he dragged his inventions from inventory over to the simoleon sign (which is also in the inventory on the left-hand side).
Sakerrrr

when i grabbed the inventor career it said that the consignment store would help to get the monies needed for those sales or some but no matter how much stuff i sell there (get a message saying i sold my stuff that i had placed in consignment) and my bar never raise maybe there is a glitch with that place who knows , i m gonna try to sell those manually instead ,i had spent hours lat night trying to find why my bar would not rise hehe , thanks to whoever said to manually sell those (my sim is lvl 10 inventor so i sold tons of stuff but did nt leveled at all in his career )
kirajmp

I know, hopefully it is just a bug that consignment shop sales don't count toward career advancement. It took me a while to figure out I have to sell them directly out of inventory. I thought that was the whole purpose of the consignment store, to help advance the new professions. Oh well, no more consignment shop I guess, at least until he is at career level 10.

click to read my legacy story
TheMaiden

fran666 wrote:but how exactly do you sell out of your inventory? do you just go up to any sims and the option is there to sell? Because my sim does not have that option... also is the invention in your family inventory or your backpack?

The inventions will usually be placed in the inventor's personal inventory, and you sell direct from the inventory by dragging items over the small sell square, which is located beneath the cell phone.
mcbeah29

Except for the Time Machine, which will end up in your family inventory, since it's so big.
aandplawatsch

also when you are able to get the digger item make sure you use it on your lot. opens up a neat rabbit hole. funny reference to alice in wonderland too.

mikeejimbo

Hmm, I haven't been able to use the Consignment Shop at all. When I go there, there doesn't seem to be anything to do.

When I play The Sims, I play to win.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: