Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Sims 3 Ambitions GLITCH THREAD  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
KayO199X

It's been a day sence TS3A came out, and i enjoy it a lot. However, like any new release Ambitions has it's opening glitches and problems. If you could, you should share any glitches you've experienced in this thread; in hopes that EA will fix these glitches as soon as possible.

Here is a glitch i've noticed so far...

One time, a firefighter changed into his street clothes, instead of his firesuit when responding to an emergency.

Preteens for TS3!!!
Steeplechaser5

One time I had my sim style her boyfriend and he turned black(the color) except for his clothes. You couldn't see any of his features.
Anayama

Well I have a whole topic about a very annoying glitch here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/207816.page

But in a nut shell:
1. The game will not let my complete Ghost Hunter missions anymore after switching households

2. I can see those "Spawner Boxes" (For fish, gems etc...) in play mode and with buydebug turned off.

That's it so far.

EDIT: Both these glitches "disappeared"? So never mind.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/10 02:13 AM

Amberzip

The only one I had was when putting out a large house fire I got all the fires out and rescued the people but it kept saying I hadn't extinguished it all. This went on until I got to Grade F. And the alarm would not stop so my poor tired girl had to sleep on a park bench because she is Lvl 10 and can work from home. So everytime she went home or the station the alarm would continue to go off.
guttermanek

I was digging in a trash pile, before I learned the inventing skill, and automatically salvaged a 'globe' decor (forgot the real name). The globe on a stand. Anyway, it is stuck in my sim's inventory and I cannot sell, delete, or otherwise get rid of it.
AngelicScotOne

Inventor's sales are not recognized and he can't advance levels.

I'm an angel who has tamed the dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup...
4thefunofit4

i get EVERY BODY's favorite glitch ERROR CODE 16!

yaaaay! lol

4thefunofit4

KayO199X wrote:It's been a day sence TS3A came out, and i enjoy it a lot. However, like any new release Ambitions has it's opening glitches and problems. If you could, you should share any glitches you've experienced in this thread; in hopes that EA will fix these glitches as soon as possible.

Here is a glitch i've noticed so far...

One time, a firefighter changed into his street clothes, instead of his firesuit when responding to an emergency.

Are you sure he doesnt have the insane trait? I would think that even for work they dont wear the right outfit! lol

mordredsevlangl

I played for 6 hours yesterday and also got the Save 16 Error, the Globe stuck in my Inventory Error, as well as a couple no one's mentioned yet:

Twice I had beds glitch so that the sims couldn't get in them. They'd pop up with that foot and dotted lines bubble above their heads like they there is something in the way. The beds hadn't been moved and they had slept in them many times before. It was easy enough to fix by selling and replacing the beds, it was just annoying since my sims didn't have much money, lol.

I also had an inventor make a miner, and had no problem using it on my home lot, but when I had my sim take it to the park It dug one hole just fine, then while digging the second hole my sim had to go home to rest up, when I returned, the Miner was "gone" (it's not in the sims inventory either) I tried to fill in the second hole where the miner disappeared and it says it's in use, and I can't click on the ground where the miner should be either... It's like the miner is invisible and unelectable or something. I have no clue how to fix that one :/
kirajmp

AngelicScotOne wrote:Inventor's sales are not recognized and he can't advance levels.

Fix for this: sell your inventions directly to the sell tab in your inventory. I'm sad that consignment sales don't work for advancement, I thought that was the whole point of the consignment shop

click to read my legacy story
JCsS1MS

Kinda glad now my PC busted and I have to replace it!

I don't wanna have to deal with this crap!

TY CK213 4 my siggy. Check out my studio!

amylynned

someone please help!

I have been trying to install ambitions ALL DAY and it won't work! While downloading, it keeps saying " CRC Error: The file C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\TheSims3Ambitions\Caches\Twinbrook.object Cache doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor."

Does anyone know what this means, and does anyone know how to fix this?!

I then re-installed everything from scratch, lost all of my files, and even re-installed the EA download manager. Now it says "File Corrupt" when i go to download the game the Ambitions game that I purchased through the EA website.

I really would like to play this game! =(

TheMaiden

I just installed Ambitions, and while one sim was analyzing space rocks, some sort of glitch caused these items to become stuck in her inventory. I could not analyze them anymore, she would cancel all actions and say that she had no clear path to them, and the ones that were already analyzed were still stuck in the same stack. Even when I dragged them into the world, they were still registered in the inventory. I could only sell them in buy mode, and the inventory still counted them. I switched to a different household game and found the same problem with a pile of scrap. Restarting the sims seems to work, at least it has so far, but it will become a very large hassle if this is a persistent problem.

Also, my sims are unable to find a path to buried relics in order to excavate them, no matter how close or far from the object they are. This is not fixed by restarting the game, and makes many of the adventures extremely difficult to finish.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/03/10 09:44 AM

babygrace

(using a Mac) Custom content hairstyles don't work. When I choose the custom hairstyle for a sim, it turns out bald.
Trinity2oo5

I've come across a few things. Nothing too extreme, no crashing or anything like that, but nevertheless...

-For those control freaks out there like me, while setting a toddler to interact with anything (be it a toy or the potty), I can no longer queue up any interactions from the adults to interact with the toddler. (Okay, my wording isn't great, but here's my example: I queue the toddler up to use the potty. While he's on the potty, I want to queue up the parent to snuggle him and put him in his crib. As soon as I select the actions, they disappear from the queue. Prior to Ambitions, they would wait until he was done. The strange thing though is that if the toddler is doing these things AUTONOMOUSLY, the parents will wait. So if the tot uses a toy or the potty of his own free will, he will stop the action/finish once he is going to be interacted with. Make sense?)

-Another biggish one (especially for legacy players) is that I took a pre-existing sim from one of my saves and had him get a tattoo at the parlor. His days left in his phase of age reset, but not all the way to the beginning like with ambrosia. More like how they scale a few days in when you create a Sim in CAS. I play on epic for this particular family and when it wiped 200+ days out of his stage, I noticed. Fortunately, there's always the birthday cake in the meantime.

-The smallest digital picture frame I perched on the corner of a desk. Every time I exit the game and restart it, it then ends up in the air/wall. I can move it back down in buy mode with a simple click, but again, just something I noticed.

-The changes that were announced to where to create a new mod folder and move everything etc. did not work for me (though I know I'm not alone in that). I was able to replace everything back where I had it originally and it all worked again just fine.

I play with some CC hair, makeup, and a few minor hacks, but I backed up everything and removed my stuff from the game for install (even my save files), and added things in a bit at a time to make sure there were no conflicting mods.

These are only what I've noticed so far. They don't really interfere with gameplay all that much (since there's the birthday cake, of course), and otherwise it runs beautifully. I'll be keeping my eye out for more.

*Something else I noticed, though I don't think it's a glitch. A Sim in my family was a World Renowned Surgeon prior to installing Ambitions. He would be put 'on call' often enough, but it seldom called him in prior to installing Ambitions. Now, he gets called in about half the time he's on call. Again, I don't think it's a glitch, just something I noticed. (Poor guy's missing out time with his toddler!)

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: