Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Voodoo Doll and possible new set out later today  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
gmgar

DarkMirage wrote:IMHO... this is why they are waiting until next Thursday to release this.

"Join us for a LIVE chat and Q&A about The Sims 3 Showtime with The Sims 3 Senior Game Designer Aaron Conners! With The Sims 3 Showtime, live the rags to riches story with your Sims as a singer, acrobat, magician… and moonlight as a DJ – available March 2012.

Get an exclusive, live preview of The Sims 3 Showtime. Aaron will unveil the different ways for your Sims to rise to fame, share the all-new SimPort feature, and answer your questions during the live Q&A.

h.a.s.h.t.a.g your tweets with #TS3Showtime during the live chat for a chance to score random giveaways!

Save-the-date: Thursday – January 26th, 2012 beginning at 10:00AM Pacific Standard Time (18:00 GMT)
Log onto http://www.ea.com/1/the-sims-3-showtime-live-chat"

I'm sure they are hoping to get more sales because they anticipate more people will visit the site on the 26th.

Edit: removed censored word.

I think you are right, and that make me a tad mad

Not cool, EA!!!

Jennygirl

AznSensei wrote:
Jennygirl wrote:
SimGuruTaterTot wrote:Hey All, not to fear. The VooDoo Doll hasn't disappeared entirely. A little birdy told me that they're waiting a few more days to release it because it's going to be particularly awesome. Hopefully the free items from today will tide you over until next thursday and this extra special release.

I appreciate the (although late) heads up, but you had all day to come up with a real reason. Telling us you need an extra week to make sure it is "particularly awesome" sounds particularly ridiculous. If you need to fix bugs, add interactions, anything at all..anything serious would be taken a lot better than this. To just say it wasn't awesome enough to be released when we were told it would be released? Come on.

Edit: I intended for this to sound only about 64% as snotty as it does. I was very excited for this though.

I could understand if they actually encountered problems with release and postponed it because of that. It assures us that they are going to try their best to fix it as much as they can and release it by next Thursday.

That is what the response should have been, not "we're waiting a few more days because it's so awesome."

I've played plenty of different video games, and trust me they do their best to assure their players why something is delayed, this on the otherhand is a joke of how to handle content release.

I don't care when something is released or what it is, I care how we are informed of a particular day of release, and if issues arise it SHOULD be known.

I know Simgurupoptart is just the messenger, but I'm moreso directing my discontent towards the Store Team as a whole rather than just towards his response.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm glad that he responded at all, instead of us just not seeing anything for a week. But that is my point exactly. We are big boys and girls. We can understand if some unforeseen thing went wrong and needed to be corrected. I just find the whole "particularly awesome" thing rather condescending.

But I digress. I will now go play my Voodoo Doll-less game and watch my Cow Plant not eat people.

dstar1423

I agree, I know Simgurupoptart is just the messenger, but your messege was sooo bad. Give us the real reason.... This whole thing makes me wonder if I am wasting my money on this game... I mean if the people behind it cant get there stuff together, then perhaps I need a new game... I don't want to, but wow this team is really bad!
Conclue

So, I guess some of the reaction today was warranted earlier on. Apologizes for giving the TEAM more credit than they deserve apparantly. I'm not that upset over it but I feel bad for those of you who couldn't wait to hit the buy button; and feel bad saying calm down etc.

That was an ugly move on their part. There should have been a thread up yesterday in this forum with the news it was delayed.
yoda65

gmgar wrote:
yoda65 wrote:

Hi, Yoda

Lol, he make me luagh every time I see him.

xx ♥ well the thing I needed! because EA drives me crazy!

PrincessTink384

since they are making us wait another week they should have it on daily deal all day thursday & friday to make up for this because they do this every time. i am so sick of it!
AznSensei

They should have just released some of the normal sets anyways todays

*Looks at this month's New Sets*

*Sees 2 Kitchens only*

Clothing = 0

*Crickets Chirping*

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/20/12 02:44 AM

dstar1423

Conclue wrote:So, I guess some of the reaction today was warranted earlier on. Apologizes for giving the TEAM more credit than they deserve apparantly. I'm not that upset over it but I feel bad for those of you who couldn't wait to hit the buy button; and feel bad saying calm down etc.

That was an ugly move on their part. There should have been a thread up yesterday in this forum with the news it was delayed.

No worries... You are like myself... We belive that EA is an organized organization and could not possibly be so aloof to think that breaking deadlines is okay...

I thought better of the institution, but now I really question their integrity, their product
AznSensei

dstar1423 wrote:
Conclue wrote:So, I guess some of the reaction today was warranted earlier on. Apologizes for giving the TEAM more credit than they deserve apparantly. I'm not that upset over it but I feel bad for those of you who couldn't wait to hit the buy button; and feel bad saying calm down etc.

No worries... You are like myself... We belive that EA is an organized organization and could not possibly be so aloof to think that breaking deadlines is okay...

I thought better of the institution, but now I really question their integrity, their product

I still enjoy some of the content and not enjoy some either, there's Positives and Negatives of this game. I just lost my interest or content with the Store Team "this" month.. not the company itself as a whole. If they continue this trend next month I will consider if it's worth adding simpoints in the future or not.

dstar1423

AznSensei wrote:
dstar1423 wrote:

I still enjoy some of the content and not enjoy some either, there's Positives and Negatives of this game. I just lost my interest or content with the Store Team "this" month.. not the company itself as a whole. If they continue this trend next month I will consider if it's worth adding simpoints in the future or not.

Oh yeah man I hear you... We are all here because we found some touchstone with the game... I love most of it. My beef is with the people that manage the store... they do a very poor job... They could make so much more money if they delivered on their promises, and didn't pull little tricks like making the cow plant only available if you buy the other lame stuff for $12... that is what I am saying...
yoda65

They could make so much more money if they delivered on their promises,
… Sure, they should have my money today to buy a Voodoo doll!

AznSensei

yoda65 wrote:
They could make so much more money if they delivered on their promises,
… Sure, they should have my money today to buy a Voodoo doll!

I would have considered buying it if there was potential of the other parts that come with it (unless it's by itself *rolls eyes*) and probably gift it to some of my friends on here.

But, EA already has my money and I have my simpoints so it's my discretion whether to use them or not, and it doesn't matter if I don't buy the items, they still have my money and my simpoints will be sitting in my account.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/20/12 03:11 AM

dstar1423

AznSensei wrote:I would have considered buying it if there was potential of the other parts that come with it (unless it's by itself *rolls eyes*) and probably gift it to some of my friends on here.

Would you really want a bunch of lame stuff like they did with the cow plant... a Cow Plant Spring Ride and a Cow plant Arcade... those items sucked

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/20/12 03:18 AM

yoda65

AznSensei wrote:
I would have considered buying it if there was potential of the other parts that come with it (unless it's by itself *rolls eyes*)
Yes, like the cow plant was release May be the voodoo doll is part of a set which includes the cauldron!

AznSensei

Would you really want a bunch of lame stuff like they did with the cow plant... a Cow Plant Spring Ride and a Cow plant Arcade... those items sucked

Some people enjoy the Cow Plant and the theme, including myself. It adds some nifty and creative decoration and also terrorizing playground ideas ^_^

That's not my taste though and we have quite a few who enjoy the Cowplant theme, much like those who enjoy the "Romance" theme way more than others....

Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: