Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
simbot help (gem collector challenge portion to be specific)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
shakezuula

My sim is an inventor and i would like to make myself a simbot. However i can't get the heart shaped cut pink diamond. The problem is that i cannot get the "gem collector" challenge completed to open the heart cut. I have found all ten different gems as it states. I read online that the gems need to be found through collecting and not using the mining invention. So i got he collection helper and have collected all 10 gems that way (don't have WA xpac thus only can find 10). i literally have all 10 of the gems sitting in my sims inventory but still doesn't give me the option to do a heart cut, and the challenge is still greyed out in the challenge tracker.

Is this a bug? or has anyone else experienced this? or is there something i'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!
Sebastiane

That happened to me, I think I just reloaded my lot...try that.
shakezuula

there a console command to do so? or are you just referring to save/quit and reloading game? if so i tried that already and wasn't successful
Sebastiane

Wait, actually I think I sent some of my gems to be cut, (don't send the pink diamonds...) try that. Sorry I'm not to helpful. Also check in the collection tab for skills if you unlocked the achievement for the cut.
shakezuula

I've sent various gems off to be cut and have unlocked all of the other cuts with the exception of the heart cut. in my collection tab under my skills it is still showing as greyed out for the gem collector challenge,, however i have the 10 raw gems sitting rite in my inventory

i've got one of my other sims out looking for gems as we speak,, hoping she can get the challenge completed correctly and just cut the gem for my other sim :-|
Jaghar7

What % of unique gems does it say you've collected in the challenge data?

MrsMellieB

I found my pink heart shaped diamond in the consignment store.
tilatequilaism

dw this is happening to me aswell..
shakezuula

my % is stuck at 82%.

if my other sim cant get it unlocked in the next day or two i'll probably try to consignment store if they've got em i suppose.. would be nice to get it done the real way though . not to mention the plethora of nice gems i've been holding onto waiting to get the ability to cut them heart shaped.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/06/10 08:37 AM

painkiller5752

All you have to do is keep sending in gems to be cut. Be sure to mix up the types of cuts that you do. (Don't do the same cut over and over, mix them up). Eventually, the heart shape cut will become available.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/10 07:05 AM

Jaghar7

painkiller5752 wrote:All you have to do is keep sending in gems to be cut. Be sure to mix up the types of cuts that you do. (Don't do the same cut over and over, mix them up). Eventually, the heart shape cut will become available.

Not true unfortunately. The heart shape is a special cut that's made available when you've found 10 unique gems. I've had it become available before I even had the pear cut available (I forget if that's the 2nd cut or not but the statement remains true in either case).

It may seem that way because you can usually find 10 unique gems in the process of getting all of those gems cut.

Code

There appears to be a new bug with this achievement.

I am not sure if it occurs because of the mining, or just because you have the quest active at the time you collect 10+ gems.
I have a feeling its mining that breaks it because I was able to get it fine with another character that never mined, and the mining gems never count towards total gem types found.

I had to drop my pink diamond on the ground and have another household cut it into a heart and then kelpto-steal it back, but because of the lot switching I lost the quest so now i'm waiting to see if it will come back up again

MaryJane__0420

What u have to do is send ur gems to be cut until the heart cut is able to be used. Then u cut ur diamond. It might take a little but it's pretty easy. Hope I helped
unsecretcrush

I had found the other 9 gems earlier, and the second I picked up a pink diamond the heart cut was available. You do not need to get a bunch of other cuts unlocked first. If you have picked up all 10 types of gems (without the miner) and it's still not unlocked, that sounds like a bug. Unfortunately not one I know how to fix!

Where do you look at the collection data, by the way?
Kujata

To get to the collection data, you have to go into skills, and click the details button next to any skill. The collection key is at the top of the pop up window (I think it's on the very right) it's the butterfly icon.

-Taking the Control Out of Your Hands-

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: