Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Baker's Half-dozen Stand??  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
susanjdk

My sim child wants a bakers half dozen stand. Any idea what this is or where to find it?
SkewedReality04

It's in the children's section under toys.

susanjdk

Thanks!
susanjdk

Actually, I went back and looked at the picture of his wish and it looks like an invention, in case anybody else gets this one. It doesn't look like the little oven in the toys, although that's really cool to know about cause they actually bake muffins. (You probably knew that, but I didn't, lol)
Srikandi715

The Baker's Stand is NOT the toy oven. It's a table for selling muffins that a child can bake in the toy oven. Like a lemonade stand type thing. The child can stock it, set prices and sell from it. You can take it to a community lot to get more foot traffic.

Mind you, I've had no success actually selling anything at all Dunno if it's that my kid has no cooking points yet, or my prices are too high.
tallcoolone

There's some "baker's report" that you apparently get from the newspaper that is supposed to advise on pricing or what product to sell.

Has anyone been successful with this stand? How did you do it? My baker is an infant so I haven't tried it yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/12/10 11:19 AM

oppzorro

I didn't even know the baker's stand was in existence. Is this new with Ambitions? If not. wow. I've missed out. That's what happens when you use a cheat and age age your kids to teenagers almost immediately. lol
xxx_roisin_xxx

it comes with ambitions wheres the best place to sell muffins ???
munckei

I haven't used the stand, it looks cute though with the umbrella and simoleon jar.
I would suggest setting up the stand at a beach or park, maybe infront of the city hall.
Whatever lots are busy in your neighbourhood i guess.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/12/10 12:56 PM

Interested in the music industry and audio equipment?
Then check out my blog!
MUSICmunckei
tallcoolone

xxx_roisin_xxx wrote:it comes with ambitions wheres the best place to sell muffins ???

What might be a good idea is during an event ..not the eating contest or the cookoff, but the chess tournament. Take the grills off the lot first, so they don't have access to grilled food.
JueJue

I've searched buy mode and I don't have one It most definately isn't under my toy tab and not under kids tab at all. Is anyone else missing this or someone know where else it could be hiding?
SimmyGrace218

I've used it with my sims kid. If you aren't getting any money in, I would try lowering the prices.

My sim child had made a whole bunch of muffins and I kept getting pop-ups like "I would buy but I'm on a diet"

So I click "set price for all products" and my muffins were priced at $11 so I dropped it down to $5 and I started getting more traffic.

I have found that you have to keep on top of your sim child because after a few minutes mine always wander away from the table and I kept having to click "tend table" and then make sure when you are done selling to click "collect money" and it will show a pop-up of how much money you spent and made

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/23/10 06:57 PM

JaanaDruid

xxx_roisin_xxx wrote:it comes with ambitions wheres the best place to sell muffins ???

In the central park or behind the grocery store. My preference is the central park lot in the middle of town. The lot is accessible on a 24/7 basis and is a convenient meeting place for all the sims in town.

And now, apologies for the long post, but I just wanted to report a mistake I made in a former post on the baking table not working on a community lot. It turns out the stand works just fine on any community lot--provided that your child sim has it in their inventory. The child sim also has to have the baked goods in their possesion before going to the community lot, or they won't be able to stock and properly interact with the baking stand.

So to sell at a community lot, bake the goods at the home lot, put the stand and goods in the child's inventory, and sell it at the community lot. It wasn't until I was playing Sunset Valley with one of my large sim families, that I FINALLY figured how to work the stand. Check out the videos below. My sim child, Blanche Elois, is in the park with her family. Notice the community lot baker's stand and stove next to the trampoline in the background. I initally saved those objects on the lot, hoping the neighborhood sim kids and my kid sims would try to use them. But the only interaction the kids and adults had was to steal.

I had Blanche on autopilot when I suddenly noticed Kaylynn Langerak was running her own bakery stand! I was really pleasantly surprised that Kaylynn could bring her stand to the park. So I made Blanche go over and try to steal from Kaylynn's table (she's got the evil trait), thinking that was the only interaction available. That's when I got all the normal actions to buy and steal from the table. The first video shows what happened right after Blanche stole from the table the 1st time. Chris Steel immediately quit fishing nearby in the little pond, came over and gave her a stern lecture!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG6PyPnuzVo

I did this again a 2nd time, and he immediately returned to yell at her. Now notice how Kaylynn's table dissapears in the 23rd second of the 2nd video. It happens right after her big brother Edward Jr. comes over and feeds her baby brother Richard. So Kaylynn autonomously used the "pack away table" self-interaction! Gah! If I hadn't caught this by pure accident, I'd probably have never figured it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zQpRQQuwZs
The crazy part is both her parents (her mom is the sim painting on the easel and dad is chatting to Kaylynn) never thought to stop what they were doing and lecture her---a total stranger had to do it!

I also noticed that the quality of Kaylynn's baked goods ranged from nice to great quality. Blanche just started baking and her goods range from horrifying to nice. Kaylynn's goods also varied by item (muffins, brownies, pies etc) and price based on the item quality. In fact, Blanche's dad bought a great quality pie and nice quality brownie from Kaylynn before Blanche robbed her. So perhaps the cooking skill is hidden for children until they become teens? If so, would the max cooking skill be lvl 3? lvl 10? Hmmm. Won't know this until Blanche ages. If it does, this would definitely prepare child sims in the cooking skill by the time they turn YA in the culinary career.

Anyway, after a couple of tries, my naughty little girl is now baking some really good quality batches and earning a nice little income for her household!

Note: the only interaction a child can have with stoves on a non-residential lot is baking or eating. So the stove is really a useful appliance to have around on a community lot.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 06/23/10 10:50 PM

JaanaDruid

Arggh. What gives with the spacing format in this forum?

@SimmyGrace218: I just noticed your post after posting my thesis. Thanks for the short and direct answer to the OP question!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/23/10 10:32 PM

beaynidSim

ok i messed around with the toy stove and selling baked goods on one of my previous games, so ill try to fill you all in with what i remember

first you need the toy oven and a child. children cant learn the actual cooking skill but they can learn the 3 level cooking preskill(essentially the skill level is hidden, then once you reach teen age and do anything that normally raises your cooking skill, you will trigger it and automatically get level 1 2 or 3 cooking depending on how far you got the preskill as a child.

each level of the precooking skill, including 0, gives you 1 type of item and 2 choices in that type to bake in the toy oven

level 0= muffins(chocolate or blueberry)
level 1= cookies(chocolate or sugar)
level 2= brownies(chocolate or caramel)
level 3= cupcakes(vanilla or chocolate)

you also now have the option to either make 1 item or a plate of items(i.e. 1 blueberry muffin or a plate of blueberry muffins)

Next: the bakers dozen baked goods table
this item is able to be put in inventory so you can use it almost anywhere. you place it down, use either the stock goods option from the table to bring up its window to drag and drop the goods onto it, or you can just drag the plates onto the table and place it in whatever holding spot you like.
you tend the table which has you stand behind it and allow customers to come up and be helped(i.e. they will ask for an item and you auto show it to them and they will either buy it and a message 'this looks good' pops up, gives a message like 'i would buy it but im on a diet'(generally means the demand is low for the current price), or the customer may initiate an argue interaction.

my child was constantly getting the customers to try to chat or otherwise interact with her, causing her to stop tending the table, so you need to keep an eye on the child alot to make sure she is doing her job. One plus thing i found out is that sometimes if the child left the table and is standing around, when a customer is ready, they may go and tend the table on their own.

BAKERS REPORT:
This is an option for a child on the newspaper. when they read the report you will get a message stating the days statuses on what types of goods are in demand, average, or low. There are 3 types of baked goods: chocolate, vanilla, and other. Its fairly straight forward. if chocolate market has bottomed but the vanilla market is skyrocketing, then make plates of vanilla items(sugar cookies and vanilla cupcakes) and maybe some of the 'other' type (blueberry muffins and caramel brownies), dont make any chocolate for that day(chocolate muffins, brownies, or cupcakes)

Oh an interesting side note, if you leave the table up on your front lawn, you will get townies coming to your house and loitering in your yard for a few days since the last time your kid used the table. Was kinda funny when i had sims standing around peeing themselves or betty simitovich playing guitar for tips on my front lawn(she was actually a good guitarist, too bad she was an unflirty sim)

Thats pretty much all i learned from my time using those items, hope it helps

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: