Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
EA Download Manager not working  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
LeslieAnn6

I can not get my ea download manager to work. I installed it with the base game last year when I bought the CD. Today, I was going to DL Ambitions so I went to open up my download manager. When I clicked on it an error message came up. It said:

"EA download manager tried to launch an external application but the path was invalid. Please try again, or reinstall EADM."

I clicked ok and uninstalled the program. After the program was uninstalled I restarted my computer. Once my computer was restarted I went to EA's page and downloaded the current version. I installed it, but still got the same error message. Again, I uninstalled the game (manually-even though I was missing the folder/file EF7E931D-DC84-471B-8DB6-A83358095474)and restarted my computer. After the computer restarted I downloaded it again... Yep.... and still got the same error message. I have downloaded this manager and uninstalled it at least 5 different times now and still it is not working.

At one point, when I had removed EADM I opened the launch screen of the sims3 and it said "Can't connect to ea download manager" (go figure it was uninstalled). However, when I had the manager downloaded, but still giving me an error message, I opened the launch screen and it did not say anything about not being able to connect to EADM.

Also, in the bottom right task bar there is no icon for the EADM. I ran MSCONFIG to make sure I was not blocking anything and everything is set to normal. Along with this, I ran an anti-spiware program and checked all of my firewall setting to make sure they were not blocking the program.

When I go to the EA download manager folder and click on the login icon it lets me put in my user name and password, however it does not load the program. Can someone please let me know what I can do to get EADM working so I can DL Ambitions? Thanks!

Writin_Reg

Have you allowed the EADM to load adobe air and then allowed adobe air to update? Adobe air just had a new update Saturday. And you ARE using the EADM from the main EA site and not the one that comes with the game, right? The one from the main site is the newest version - 6.0 .

You may also want to check if your have the microsoft .net framework 3.5 sp1 on your pc and that it is updated as well as both the launcher and the EADM require this framework to operate properly.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/15/10 06:08 PM

SimGuru_BGY_11

Hi,

For those receiving an EADM error message stating "The application failed to initialize properly. Please ensure you are not attempting to run multiple Windows accounts," you can check out the following user derived solution:

The download manager has a settings option (right-click on it in the System Tray) which allows you to change the location of the downloads. By default it was set to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache\ which didn't exist on my machine. I created D:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache\ and changed the setting to point to this.

Once you have adjusted the download location for EADM, quit EADM and launch it again.

-Big Guy-

LeslieAnn6

Writin_Reg:

Yes, I have downloaded adobe air and allowed it to update. I did check the microsoft .net framwork and it is up to date as well. Along with this, I am downloading the newest version from EA's website.

SimGuru_BGY_11:

Thank you for your help. However, the error message you quoted was a different message from the one I received. Along with this, I do not have an icon in my system tray as stated in my previous post. If there is another way to adjust the setting (other than using the system tray icon) then please let me know and I will try your suggestion.
SimGuru_BGY_11

Have you tried going to EADM's folder and launching the application manually?

-Big Guy-

LeslieAnn6

Yes, I found to folder and tried to launch it manually, but it still gave me that message. I am at a loss for what to do next.
SimGuru_BGY_11

Try this:

Go to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\ and create a cache folder.
Go into the options in EADM and change the download path to: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache\

Then attempt to restart the program.

Also try a clean boot:

1. Click Start or press the Windows key and R, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.

2. Click on Startup.

3. Select disable All.

4. Click on Services.

5. Check the box that says Hide All Microsoft Services, then Disable All.

6. Apply, then restart your system.

Attempt to restart EADM. This will eliminate most of what might be interfering with the program running properly on a software level. Once you're done, repeat the above procedure, using the Enable All buttons to turn services and startup items back on.

-Big Guy-

LeslieAnn6

I just tried what you suggested, but it still keeps giving me the same error message. However, my computer loaded faster. Here is a picture of what it looks like. The EADM icon does not even look like the normal EA icon, however the installation file has the normal icon. When I click on the installation file it seems to go through all the normal steps, but then it will not let me launch the program.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 06/15/10 09:51 PM

LeslieAnn6

Well, the problem is fixed. I ended up having to download EADM to my husband's computer (which loaded correctly the first time) and copy the Download Manager folder to my computer. It seemed as if some files were missing/blocked even though I downloaded it from EA's website. I still never figured out why the files were missing/blocked, but once I copied the folder into the correct spot on my computer (I had already installed EADM it was just not working) everything worked fine. I really think there is some program running on my computer that kept blocking the program installation. I don't think it was my antivirus or ad-ware program because both of these were turned off.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a good (free) program that can help me "clean up" programs that are running in the background on my computer (not an antivirus program or an ad-ware program)?

Thanks!
Sgizzle09

CCleaner is the best tool I use for my computer..It includes a registry cleaner, startup manager, and the cleaner that wipes out temp files/memory dump files..it works great!

I am actually having the EXACT same issue as you but shortly before mine stopped working, I did a disk defrag and restarted my computer and my computer wouldnt startup. I recovered my computer but now my EADM is not working...

~*S.GIZZLE.09*~
katrice

I HAVE THE BEST SOLUTION, GO TO THE EA GAMES WEBSITE

http://www.ea.com/search?q=EADM

AND DOWNLOAD THE NEW EA DOWNLOAD MANAGER, ITS CALLED ORIGIN. THE REASON WHY THE OLD EA DOWNLOAD MANAGER IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE PROBABLY MISSED A COUPLE OF EXPANSION PACKS THAT REQUIRED THIS DOWNLOAD, AND NOW IT WONT WORK. I KNOW BECAUSE I BOUGHT THE SIMS 3 GENERATIONS AND COULD NOT DOWNLOAD IT UNTIL I DOWNLOADED ORIGIN. I ONLY FOUND THIS OUT BECAUSE THE GENERATIONS GAME ASKED ME IF I HAD ORIGIN, I SAID NO AND IT RECOMMENDED ME TO DO SO.

WHEN YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED ORIGIN GO TO MY GAMES AND YOUR DOWNLOADED GAMES SHOULD BE THERE. THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR AMBITIONS, NIGHTLIFE, WORLD ADVENTURES, HIGH END LOFT STUFF, OR THE ORIGINAL SIMS 3 UNLESS YOU BOUT THE DOWNLOADABLE VERSION INSTEAD OF THE ACTUAL DVD. THIS WILL WORK FOR GENERATIONS THOUGH. HOPE IT HELPED, CAUSE IT SURE DID HELP ME. OH AND DONT FORGET THE SIMS 3 PETS IS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER NOW TOO. GET ORIGIN!!
SGomez928

i wanted to play the sims late night recently but every time i open the sims 3 launch it says unable to connect to ea downkoad manager i have also noticed that the seasons symbol on the launch screen has dissapeared wat should i do? Please help!!!

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: