Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Cars stuck in family inventory:  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
brownsrock

My Sim is an architect. However, after every job he does, the car he drives to the job goes into the family inventory, and won't allow clicking on to get out of it.

Is there a way to get them out, or are they stuck there forever? I tried selling the inventory, and nothing happened. All 3 Mazda CX-7's are still there and the game's 2 pickup trucks are there too.
KiTe0710

I'm having the same problem.
My sims's camera is in the family invetory and can't be used either.

JVENN

I have this problem too but I'm not sure it's happening just with the archetect...I currently have a Lambhorgini ($120,000) and a Hikon camera stuck in mine. I also had a VW Beetle stuck in there but it came unstuck somehow...

What I did notice was that, even thought the cars got stuck...I also had the same car in my sim inventory.

The problem seems to be when you park your car at the clients' lot and then go into the build/buy - when you leave, I noticed that my sim travelled home in a taxi...so I wonder if she left her car in the other families inventory...

Anyway...definitely a bug...

Chemicalwibs

I just built a new house right on the beach (love that you can place lots almost anywhere now!) and I bought 2 new cars. And suddenly they were gone. Or so I thought, until I found them in the inventory. So yeah, must be a bug since it has happened to others as well.

Jenieusa

same camera bug here....

ImpishImp

I'm having the same problem. My Sim is also an architect, and whenever she goes to a job, she parks her car in the client's driveway. The car disappears when I begin renovating, and instead of appearing in my Sim's inventory, it ends up in the family inventory-- where it is stuck. I can't move the car, or sell it.

This has happened to me so many times, I've gotten to the point where I just don't buy a new car for my Sim anymore, and make her use the taxi to get around. I really hope there is a fix for this bug in the next game update...
KiTe0710

I found a way to get the stuck objects back!
Send your sims abroad (if you have WA) and afterwards you can select the cars and camera again.

My architect-sim doesn't get his car back until after his retirement
Srikandi715

Heh... I'm just making my architects take taxis.

It's a good reason not to make an eco-friendly architect though, since they don't LIKE taxis.
OliverSudden

I never thought to look in the family inventory.

My sim family have two cars, one set for each to prefer, but my PI will often "lose" his car when he's out on a case and drive home in hers.

I thought his was gone forever because it's not at home when he gets there, but maybe it moved from his personal inventory to the family one.

I've learned to save a lot playing this game, using "save as" a few times each game day!
Ruewyn

Same issue here. Cars stuck in family inventory. Once one gets stuck they seem to all get stuck. Irritating that when my celebrity gets a car as a reward for celebrity status it can't be sold, or used. Great timing with the new stuff pack "Fast Lane". Once again, way to go EA. Please get out of the slow lane and fix these bugs.

~I don't use CC or Mods~
CMIrvng68

KiTe0710 wrote:I found a way to get the stuck objects back!
Send your sims abroad (if you have WA) and afterwards you can select the cars and camera again.

My architect-sim doesn't get his car back until after his retirement

My Sims is (was) an architect and lost her car too (Toyota Prius) to the family inventory. I'm going try you method and go to china or something and see if it works. I'll let you know.

**HAPPY SIMMING**
Shevari

I tried the vacation idea and it worked perfectly. Thanks
red_hed_walker

I am having the same problem. The sad thing is I decided not to use cheats this time so it sucks that I saved enough simolians to purchase a car twice before I figured out what happened. Motorcycles do not have this problem. I wanted to progress from a motorcycle driving rocker to a high class architect but I guess I will just have to settle for a motorcycle driving architect. My Eco-Friendly wife isn't too happy with it though.
CrashNT

I can't believe this is still a issue 3 years after the OP. I have three prius's stuck in the fam inventory... I'll try going abroad, but common EA! 3 Years and no fix?!?!?!
Eskayti

A lot of things get stuck in the inventory, and the problem isn't fixed, it's gotten worse.

Traveling now may add more things to your inventory that you never even had in there in the first place - like Omni Plant Seeds.

The (new) glitch game with Seasons or the patch for it. I have one Sim with about 8 Omni Plant Seeds in their inventory I can't remove - at all. The mailbox will generate them too when you get the mail, it adds more seeds, and other items, you can't remove.

I haven't bought anything since Seasons, so I don't know if it's fixed with University or 70s,80s,90s Stuff pack, or any patches - I'm just hoping it does get fixed at some point!

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: