Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Why can't I click on some items in the Family Inventory?  XML
Forum Index » Ambitions
KerelaNightfall

I can not click on the items in my family inventory, move them to the personal inventory, or place them on the lot. I have other items that were already in the family inventory that I can still click and move or place anywhere. It's just a few specific items.

Has anyone had this issue and/or know how to fix it! Any ideas are welcome! Please help! Thanks.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 06/17/10 11:16 PM

The Sims 3 can change the world. ;o
You've got to know you're limits with The Sims 3. ;x
This was a cautionary tale.... The Sims 3 is not a toy!!! ;p
Docsprock

I found a flame-fruit while fishing, and all I can do with it is place it on the ground. I cant eat it, or plant it, or anything else. Weird.

Maybe if you saved and exited, then restart?

Imagine a signature here.
KerelaNightfall

Going back to a previous save doesn't seem to help. I've restarted as well. It sucks because I can hover over the items in the Family Inventory and get all the information about it, but just can't click it. It's super frustrating!

nikkifort

I had the same problem with a sculpture that was moved after a family member died, but I have no idea how to fix it...
KerelaNightfall

nikkifort wrote:I had the same problem with a sculpture that was moved after a family member died, but I have no idea how to fix it...

It must be a glitch with the Ambitions Professions. I'm playing as an architect and I think it might have something to do with being able to enter into build mode on other Sim's lots. I always lose my vehicle to the Family Inventory every time I do a design job, bike or car. I just started taking it out of my inventory and putting it back on my lot before I start the next job. It seems to be working out, but there are still a bunch of items there are just locked in the Family Inventory! I want my architectural design drawings back!!! They are stuck there! Any ideas on when the Ambitions Patch will be available?

KerelaNightfall

A quick update to the issue:

I just tried using the Sell All button in the family inventory and saved right before. I hit the Sell All button and it only sold the objects I could click on. All the objects that I can't click on weren't sold and are still in the Family Inventory. It's like they're taunting me at this point. >___<

MissJennaKate

hmmm strange. my motorbike got stuck in my family inventory and i cannot take it out, grr

kaysim

I had a statue get stuck in my family inventory and thought I'd never be able to move it, but when one of my Sim kids grew up and moved out to another lot (I made him the active household when he moved), the item appeared in his family inventory, and I was able to move it again. I'd be interested to hear if this will fix the problem with anyone else.
ryanflyon

one time i had a moodlet manger device in normal inventoray. Then sudden it appeared in family inventoray. I was like ***, i can't use my moodlet manger now cause i can't click it, move it, sell it or do anything. Some of the item sometime get stuck in normal inventoray than family one.

Georgie_girl01

That's the same with me too. I have sims 3 ambitions and late night. And I have about 5 or 6 items that I want to take out but can't. And I have a architect sim, and now I have all of these cars that I cannot access. I don't know why. Does anyone have a solution?
Kreiseler

I see this thread hasn't been updated for a while, but just wondering if anyone has a clue how to fix it? So annoying having 3 cars and a bicycle (among other items) just sitting there. RAGE!
Mjstuffing19

I have the same problem with the family inventory. When will this issue be fixed?

Trailblazer

I have the exact same problem like you all, my stuff is stuck in the family inventory, I'm playing an architect too, so annoying. Please fix this EA.
Kulthero777

Bug: Items stuck in family inventory (cannot be used/sold)

Occurs: Most frequently with Architect Designer but also with other Sims such as those with vehicles or cameras in inventory

Known "Fixes": third party mods such as NRaas or temp fix of sending sim to vacation world (issue will recur as soon as new item is placed in family inventory)

Why this is a problem: Architect cannot complete goals such as decorating with self-made paintings when completing assignments. Makes it difficult to progress to lifetime wish and near impossible to get great reviews.

What needs to be done: EA patch to correct the error

Summary: This issue is still a problem after years of the EP being released. Is it ever going to be addressed/fixed? While I appreciate others commenting that they have the same issue, it sure would be nice to get a reply from somebody who can actually do anything about this. I should not have to use third party mods to fix the game. This makes me doubtful that Sims 4 will be a good investment since bugs that are known to exist are allowed to remain unaddressed for so long.

Kulthero777

Ten days after my post and still no response. Is there some other place that I should ask for an answer regarding this bug?

Note: 2+ years since someone made the original post, several other people have encountered this bug and commented above...will we ever get a reply?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/28/14 03:46 PM

Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: