Joined: 06/11/09 09:07 PM
Location:Green Bay, WI
I read most, but not all, of the posts in the thread so I apologize if any of the info below was already said:
In the Politics career:
- you are given opportunities to illegally take money from your campaign funds (this options appears when you reach the level that allows you to ask for donations, which I believe is 4 or 5, and was mentioned previously in an earlier post). I am not sure what the intervals this option occurs at are, but you get more money through this if you raise more funds (not sure what the equation is). As far as I know there is no real drawback (such as getting in trouble with the law) to taking out money, but it will make your funding level contribution to performance either go down or "reset"(so if you have the green big smile under funding before you take funds out illegally it will go down to an orange frowning face, at least it did for me). The amount you get with great funding is quite high (I often got 5,000 simoleans from a single illegal steal, although you might be able to get more than that)
- The Party Animal trait and/or Legendary Host reward helps you throw good campaign fundraisers since they are much more efficient at collecting campaign donations than individually asking everyone. I seem to get more money from a good party than a modest or bad one. It's also a good idea to invite as many "rich" Sims as you can so they can contribute even more, and don't hesitate to ask them for donations while the fundraiser party is in session (I don't think doing this effects the totel they give you when they leave and auto-donate).
- The Schmoozer/Charismatic trait combo is great for making quick friends and then getting that all-important campaign donation with little effort.
- You can write a Political Memoir via your writing skill and the computer. It is a relatively long book to write but has a three dollar sign rating.
- The highest Political career level only has you work 3 days a week from 9am to 12:30pm, and you can keep getting raises easily and therefore build up your cash amount rapidly by throwing campaign fundraisers frequently during all of that offtime!
In the Journalism career:
- You can write either positive or negative reviews on venues and people. Writing positive reviews increases your relationship with Sims and/or the Sims who work at the venue you wrote about, but they are not very interesting and therefore don't give a good boost to job performance. Writing negative review hurts your relationship with the Sim or venue employees, but are interesting enough to give you a performance boost.
- Journalists can use their writing skill and a computer to write an Article, which is quick to write but only has a one dollar sign rating.
- Journalists can talk about interesting news with other Sims at the high career levels, which is a another good interation option that gets you one step closer to a good interview!
- The Slob trait and/or Dirt Defiant reward helps dumpster-diving Journalists (as well as Police officers) get the "dirt" they need for a good review while not suffering the hygiene and mood loss associated with the digging and trash-accumulation as quickly as other Sims, meaning you can spend more time collecting information than in the shower and going home to dump the trash from your inventory.
I am not sure if this was a glitch or an intended feature, but when I had a Police Sim raid the criminal headquarters it prevented any career criminals or partners/owners from entering the warehouse, therefore causing the criminals to miss work and shareholders to be unable to collect their weekly profits! If this is a rare or circumstantial glitch then don't worry about this, but if it is a common bug or intentional feature then Police raider beware!
This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/29/09 08:06 AM
Joined: 05/29/09 02:57 PM
Location:In the badlands of South Dakota
Wow great info...also did you know you also get a pager in law enforcement!..Don't remember what level but my sims has a pager and is on call at all hours sometimes
Also: When you get to "Mad Scientist" in the Science Career. You get a gizmo (something that kinda looks like that zap gun in sims2 that the repo uses) Yeah but this changes things you have like tv or bed..I have tried it on stuff in my home and it leaves a green circle looking mist around the item you zap...lol but be careful somethings can do thing in a negative way to a sim using or passing by an item. What I have done is if it says it will be negative I just redo it so it can be positive..which is better for your sim lol unless your evil and just want to bother people
PS. I should add the change is to make what ever you zap that gun with better...I havent tried it when its negative lol didnt want anything bad to happen to my sim family
This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/29/09 12:34 PM
How does one go about raiding the Criminal Warehouse? Both my Sims are Level 9 in the Special Agent branch and the only options I get when clicking on the warehouse are to join the criminal career or become a partner. Is it only available to be raided during certain times or days of the week, or must you get an opportunity for it?
venture_brazil wrote:How does one go about raiding the Criminal Warehouse? Both my Sims are Level 9 in the Special Agent branch and the only options I get when clicking on the warehouse are to join the criminal career or become a partner. Is it only available to be raided during certain times or days of the week, or must you get an opportunity for it?