Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Crystalline Cove - Finally back on the exchange!!!  XML
Forum Index » Create a World
Greenb70

Sorry I meant to mention about the stairs.You have left plenty of room I just went into build mode deleted them then hit undo.The sims use them now without any problem.They are in the exact spot you had them in.
HappySimmer3

Writin it only happens periodically. Most of the time there are no issues at all, but suddenly the sim will be standing up THROUGH the barstool seat with the plate of food left on the counter, but the icon in the upper left will appear as if the sim is still eating. If I see it again I will try to take some screenshots.

It's possible that it is caused by a mod that I am using but it's really difficult to figure out which one when it doesn't happen all the time anyway. The only mod that I have that alters food in any way is an 'immortal food' mod that I've had for a long time, and this bug only started a month or two ago (started perhaps with the 1.29 patch?).

Gem, I didn't even notice any tiling! I was focused more on the overview scenery and I thought it was really beautiful.

ETA: I haven't noticed it with any particular bar stools but I'll have to try to check that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/12/12 01:51 AM

Writin_Reg

Okay Tangie, I have a feeling I know what you mean and I don't really think it is your mod or this hood as some simmers have periodically posted things like you mean in the pets thread - this was AFTER EA's update and after people fixed all their content from the store and CC, as it seems some of even the ep and sp stuff acts weird - including chairs, stools, and cabinets. I had some incidents myself when building a house when I went to put some counters in the house, the breakfast counters would join together at corners really strange like. Plus that fountain from the base game at the science center, sims sink into it when they sit there. I think the sims team needs to do some more tweaking or something with the ingame content and with the changes they made for pets. I think it went deeper than just store stuff and CC. I finally gave up on adding a corner style free standing breakfast nook in that house I was building as I had three different ep/sp and 1 basegame counter all do that weird ness, and then two store counters - the Bayside and the Lounge set kitchen islands.

So before you go thinking it was your mods, it may be a Sims team goof. But I did see pics of sims stand through bar stool that even came in the base game and they had no CC or mods. Infact they did not even have store stuff or sps, so that really narrows it down and they were playing Appaloosa Plains. They had pics of pets and kids sinking into living room chairs from Generations set and standing in a couch. They had to use resetsim on the babysitter to get her unstuck. So EA needs to tweak that fix a bit better as this is since the last patch. But I will be on the look out tonight in case it is a particular set.

Okay, off to the game.

lovejoyriteia

Reg: The horse, Lady, is part of the family I created. I forgot to retest the freeze with her; I was having far too much fun just exploring the world, with Piper racing through town on Beau.

Gem: I hope I didn't upset you. I never tried placing empty lots so didn't know if I could; my mind was just racing ahead, as usual. I enjoyed watching a deer race by the Stallion Slope subway in the morning hours, and had my Sims fishing - love the waterfall!

I'm looking forward to exploring more.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/12/12 07:33 AM

lovejoyriteia

I just played for 2-3 hours. The game has now spawned 5 families: in Twinbrook Duplex and La Fiesta Apartments; a couple houses on Rosewood Way; and the SuperMes have moved into 4 Coral Cape. I've also noticed a wild horse while riding past the diner, and a stray cat has come by the Ranch.

I had my first hard freeze tonight. My family consists of a couple (Sherlock and Piper); a cat and a dog; and two (created) horses, Beau and Lady. There was a lot going on at once, so that may be the problem; or it could be that I just reinstalled Twoftmama's Hot Beverages Give Energy v2 mod. In any case, I couldn't even exit the game with Task Manager and had to shut the whole computer down.

What's interesting, though, is Lady had "beg for carrots" in her queue. I had my first freeze in an earlier game, though for only a few seconds, when she wanted to eat grapes from a neighboring house. I've also been playing a couple hours at a time, with no crashes until now. Very weird. It may be a Pets glitch, or Lady might be corrupted; but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

SummerSong86

Hi Reg I will try your suggestion when next I play Crystalline Cove. I am pretty sick now and can't play as the motion bothers me so I have just been building chalet style houses for Ridgeview and Great Bear. My daughter has broken out in small red spots on her face and we are waiting to see what comes of it. I think it's possible it could be measles. She has had shots for measles and for chicken pox but we read the shots don't mean she got completely immune. I hope this is not measles or chicken pox because her school musical is in a few days and she has been rehearsing and singing night and day and it's all she talks about. She has only a small part but when you are that little with all your grandparents and aunt and parents due to cheer you on it's a huge deal. I am sick but I don't have the same symptoms she does so I have no idea what's going on. I had chicken pox already. I never had measles but was immunized and during my pregnancy was tested and found to have full antibodies.

Sorry I digressed too much. Anyway since we get to keep this beta version for awhile longer I will not rush and I will do as WR suggested about fixing all the known items and try and give it all a good proper test next chance I get.

I've been trying to think of any changes I would want to see made or suggestions and can't really think of any at the moment. When I went to place my families I found all kinds of housing types to fit just about everybody. The only thing I am not sure and didn't get to test was to see if houses suitable to families with kids had reasonable commutes to school, and could soldiers live decently close to the military base. Those are things I hope to find out next time I play. Or maybe you all can tell me.

Call me Summer or JM (for JennyMoonlight) just don't call me late for spaghetti with meatballs!
Writin_Reg

Summer does she have a fever and look a bit flushed especially in the areas of the rash? If she does you might want to call her pediatrition as soon as you can.

Well if you are still in the area where I am HufflePuff/Owl area - the school is down town, so it's sort of a bit of distance, but I have not followed a bus to school as there are no kids in my test household. That family I tested one day is already downtown, so I know they won't have a problem. The army base if I recall was close enough to make it ontime as I did follow a household that had a soldier to work testing the road and time and that soldier lived in the next group of houses to the right of the Harry Potter group. But if you want to be sure about the school getting closer to town would probably assure you. Or if there is an empty lot big enough in one of the other areas you can always add a second school.

Either way I would not worry about the game until you can see what the story is with V. My guess is it's not chickenpox as CP rarely has much fever and the kids do not get sick to their stomach. The pox are big, spaced well and have small oozy blister that itch like crazy. A small rash though can be a number of things and in conjunction with fever and upset stomach you really need to call her doctor, you might also suspect allergy of some kind if no fever. The rash is tiny spots and if the skin looks flushes where the rash is - scarlettina is a possibility - untreated can cause rhumatic fever and heart. If there is no flush with the tiny rash - measles is a possibility but if she had shots and still got them that is a bad sign as it shouldn't happen. There is more but with the other symptoms - make sure you have an accurrate temperature then call her doctor. Delaying at her age is not something you want to do with all the other symthoms.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 02/14/12 01:27 AM

Writin_Reg

Gem, had no problems at all in world tonight. I play tested a few other households I had added in and found none of them complaining - they were going to work and no route failures anywhere. I am still not getting any lag or freezes and I'm at week 6 with my main sim.

I remembered you mention a sim getting stuck at the junk yard so I checked that out and found two wild foals there and unable to back out. Both were showing signs of hunger, so i was able to get my sim to bottlefeed them. I moved out two of the junk piles. Surprisingly I hardly had much more than a slight hesitation, which surprised me as stuck horses generally give me a heavier hit of lag - maybe because they were foals and not full size horses. I have no clue where the mom was as i looked and couldn't find her. But once they ate and were free, went runny off merrily. I just know when I go back in there tomorrow I am going looking for those two. They were really cute brown with white markings and that long hair on their hooves and mane. I meant to check the apts from the pic and forgot to. I'll try and remember to check it tomorrow.

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

thanks on the update on the firestation Stairs Greenb

Tnagie I've never seen that short of glitch. I think WR may have a point with the update with pets, As lots of things , even EA ones, are behaving weird since then

Love , don't worry about it, everyone has diff ideas for their own game, and I think that every world should be as flexible as possible for that sole reason. I love building in general , and I get weird brainwaves , and I do get upset when there is not enough room to express my creativity.
I'm glad someone finally saw a deer. I know Greenb was close enough to seing one but her sim only wished of seing one so i got a bit worried about that.
I can't figure why such a mof could give you a freeze , but you never know. I think WR is better with figuring such things out.

Summer, I wish the best for your daughter. I hope it's nothing serious. Just take your time to look after her.

WR - where were the foals exactly? they where in the junkpile area?? Horses can use stairs? How did they get there? I hope they didn't spawn there! cause that could be an issue, and I'd have to completely flatten that lot, in case horses spawn in there, unless of course they can indeed use the stairs.
I've payed too much attention on routing this time unlike I did with Lothlorien. I hid every single layer in CAW and checked every part of routing data I could for lonely circles or lines.
I also tried to keep the spawner numbers at a minimum, with 4 of a common one tops. Most of them are 2-3 each, and I think i have only 1 of some rare WA ones, as I've also used some of them in some of the lots.
So i did my best to balance the size of the world with the things that usually cause lag, and to reduce it to a minimum as much as possible.
I still haven't seen any seeds though... I've seen butterflies, turtles, meteors.. not that i have actually looked for them , but I think that collectors will have a hard time looking for stuff. Maybe I over did it? Do you guys think I should add more spawners?

Well anyway. I've noted down everything we've seen so far, and I think that I've noted down all the res lots we have checked. Hopwfully i haven't forgot anything. run through the list and let me know if i did. It's under the known issues in the Test details post. It's on p10 but there is a link to it at the first post as well if you want to navigate to it fater.
I'll be off in 1h or so. I'll try to keep up through my mobile, and I'll even try to post. But I won't be able to edit anything as my mobile tends to triple post when i try to do so. I'll also keep notes.
Hopefully i'll get back on Saturday with Mike and update the test post then, and I'll start messing with the CAW files again when Mike leaves.
I'm also planning on playing with the textures a bit in Photoshop. Mikitta mentioned in another thread that it is possible to take the whole paint job in photoshop to blend things. I really want to do something with that tiling as it bothers me too much. I should ask her about it when I get back.

I'm off now , still haven't packed and Mike is winning See you guys. I'll try to kepp in touch. Have a nice week and take care.

HappySimmer3

Have a good week, Gem!

About the spawners: I did see about two seeds, and a two rocks/gems, plus deer and racoons and 4 wild horses. I haven't seen too many minor pets but can't say that I've looked for them, either!

I cheated to get enough life-time points to get the Collection helper because I wasn't having much luck finding rocks. The collectibles are one of my favorite things to do in the sims - I don't always look for them with all my sims but sometimes I enjoy doing that - and if it were my world, I would add some more to it. They do seem to be a little difficult to find, plus the minor pets usually spawn next to them. I wouldn't go overboard with it, but a few more per type might be enough to make them a little less rare to find.

I did have a couple of wild horses get stuck - they were just frozen in place. One of them was on the lot next door so I was able to reset it by going to edit town and picking up the house and setting it back down again. But the second horse was in that small space between lots so there wasn't anything I could do. When I looked at it's status with Mastercontroller his mood was "sad". That made me feel really bad! After that I tried (again) getting my sim to go interact with it and it suddenly vanished. I suspect it just got reset by the game but I have no idea.

Thanks for the info on the bug, WR, and Summer I hope you and your daughter feel better soon!

I'm going to go play some more; I hadn't yet checked out the junk yard so I will go take a look at it too. I will also look around a bit more for the minor pets to make sure all those are spawning.

HappySimmer3

Haven't checked the junk yard yet but I decided to go to edit town and see about finding my sim couple a house (they're living in a small apt. now and she needs to garden for the science career). I started looking around for empty lots and agree that there aren't a lot. I do realize you said players could delete some of the duplicate houses, and I did delete one of the EA mansions and placed a house there, I am always reluctant to delete the houses that a creator places in their world. Plus unless I delete all but one, it might look strange because the area will lack a cohesive look.

So anyway I did find a couple of spots to place tiny lots and put a couple of my houses there, but when I was done, probably 20 real time minutes or so, and I tried to go back to my game it crashed and I got the message that the game had stopped responding. So isn't that interesting! Unless someone else can duplicate this also, I'm not sure it means anything but that's now two of us that crashed after trying to edit the world. It would be interesting if someone else would attempt to spend some time in edit town and see what happens, especially since Summer is on a Mac and they are known for having problems running the game. If anyone else tries this just must make sure you save your game first - I was really glad I did that.

Even if we can establish that it is a pattern, I'm not sure what you could do about it to prevent it. Maybe this world is just not meant to be edited. But this is just speculation that may not even be warranted anyway!

Greenb70

Gem,this pic is for you

see they really do exist.

The next two are to show where I have some junk spawning that unfortunately at this time my sim cannot interact with.

I'm going to see if I can get him enough skill points in inventing to see if he can at least blow the stuff up.

My sim was also called to another fire,this one was at 3 Privet Drive.It has one of those digital frames floating in the bedroom.
Do you want me to continue to report the houses that have this issue,or do you already know the ones it was used in?

P.S. to all, you can just call me Beth,it is what the "B" stands for in Greenb.
HappySimmer3

Well I still have not checked out the junk yard lot, I'm afraid! But I will be sure to do that the next time I play.

I've been busy with my latest couple, Mason and Marisa. They met when they both lived in one of the apartments in the main towntown area. He's a private investigator, she's in the science career.

They've had quite a courtship, going on dates around town. Here they are on a date at Radioactive. (Sorry about the poor quality shot!) Rukaya, do you see that horse helmet on the bartender?

And here they are on their way to romantic Mystery Lake.

A shot of the waterfall - and a shrouded mystery way in the background.

They're getting married on Saturday. Marisa works in the science career and has Wednesdays off - so on Wednesday night, she had her bachelorette party, and the next day Mason had his bachelor party. I'm hoping to have pics of their wedding soon.

Both of them partied until the wee hours of the morning and my female sim was late to work the next day. They had moved to Cafe Latte at 3 Rosewood for more space, but it takes over a sim hour for her to get to work so that doesn't help any with being on time. Fortunately she's doing well in her job right now, but if I switch households I think I need to move them closer to town.

No problems to report - no crashing or other issues. Having a great time playing this world.

Writin_Reg

Tangie 2 things - remember when Aunty Lynds put up that small test town for us to see routing and things with pets and we discovered that horses could teleport just like Unicorns do? That is probably why the horse disappeared as they can teleport. The only thing I don't think can teleport is the foals because if the ones I had in the junk yard could have, I believe they would of. By the time my sim fed the 2nd foal, it was just about starving. A horse would not have gotten that low I would think - but I was not about to wait around - but what mainly amazed me was a social worker also did not show up for those babies - so makes me wonder if that is how they even got in the junk yard, as like Gem I did not think they could go up stairs and if they can't teleport like the adults, then how did they get there as they should not spawned there, but then who knows - right?

Okay the second thing - what you described is exactly what we have been complaining about for months now with the world editor. From what I see is placing lots with that thing breaks routing and either causes massive lag and freezing or crashes the game. I have had good luck placing lots no bigger than a 10 x15 - a 20 x20 and up will do exactly what yours did. Also even the 10 x15 lots will do that if you place 3 close to each other and if you use more than 5 of even those it causes lag even if the game doesn't crash. It started that when we got LN.

Before LN it worked great. After Late Night it did n't crash but would cause a lot of those little hesitations. I saw that when I redid Mesa Valley with some of those Late Night lots. I found out I could lessen that from happening if i deleted empty big lots and put 2 30 x 30's or 3 20 x 30's in their place but if there was like a 20 x 40 and I wanted to place a 40 x 40 in the place - lag. If I placed a 20 x30 there fine. BUt you get the drift.

Only when Generations came out it got worse. You could only place lots in places where there were lots before and instead of get 3 20 x 20 in a 60 x 60 spot I got 2. No longer would I get small hesitations, I'd get freezes on the sidewalks and roads in the areas where I had changed or added lots, even if sims were on bikes or jogging.

When Pets came out I thought it was better as I was able to put groups of 2 or 3 20 x20's around and didn't get the hesitations or freezes - until I placed the houses that is and just like you when I rebooted the game and went to go in to a house I just moved some one in - it froze solid - bushes and trees still moved and times kept moving but no sims did and it stayed like that. I left it there for up to 40 minutes and finally had to use task manager to get out - which is not easy on my machine to do. This happened a half dozen times including some empty worlds i wanted to fix up. Eventually i uninstalled all those worlds and my game still wasn't right, so i reset the sims folder, but it still wasn't right. I ended up uninstalling/reinstalling everything and cleaning my registry before i could finally regain proper working of my system. I did that and got it going just one day before I was to start the beta test. Believe me I was going nuts trying to get it done. I did have good copies of all my games though as I had reset my folder before I installed Pets and had saved the folder with all my games.

But beware any use at all of that world editor.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 02/13/12 05:54 AM

Writin_Reg

Gem, yep they were in the junk yard when I checked the junk yard and were both showing hunger. I made my sim take his speedy motorcycle there and bottle feed them. I could not figure out why a social worker didn't come. I also guess foals can't teleport like the adult horses and Unicorns do if they are stuck anywhere too long. But apparently they do use steps because after I deleted two piles they left all by themselves. I think the only creature that can't use steps is puppies and kittens. I have caught deer in areas which take stairs to get to unless they hopped up there. Horses like I said and Unicorns teleport anywhere they want to - although they are not supposed to go inside houses, a few people have reported horses or Unicorns in their living rooms a few times - especially if a barn or garage is attached to a house. Not sure why that makes a difference as I thought the devs said they can't go through regular doors, so my guess they are teleporting.

So even if they get stuck, they will get out, it is the foals I am worried about as these two obviously do not teleport - so I take it they must be adults to do that. I just have no idea why or how they got there or even if they could have spawned there. My mind says no - logically not - but then we know how illogical this games interworkings can sometimes be. Hopefully the next update fixes this issue as i do know a few people have mentioned those kind of things when a Dev was in one of their rare appearances in the store thread one day during the holidays. He took notes and said he would give the info to the engineers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/13/12 05:31 AM

Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: