Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Big AND Beautiful Modelling Comp [FINAL ASSINMENT! - CHECK PAGE 27]  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
TheUsernameFound

miadarkdecider wrote:ASSIGNMENT TWO is up
Woot woot.

TheUsernameFound

Nellie Sev
Assignment Two

There had been a time, once when she was only about twelve or so, when Nels had first found herself in a bookstore. (And her cat.)

Some older kids had laugh at her because of her odd style of dress and how 'chubby' she was during the last recess before going home. Back then those words stung like bee stings, and Nellie ran away crying that day having more then enough of their teasing.

Instead of heading home, Nels walked and she walked until she was plum out of breath and her legs refused to move another step. Nellie looked up finding herself in front of a store of some sort. Looking in, it looked so inviting. The books - how she loved to read - called out for her Especially the chairs laying out next to the bookcases.

She entered the shop, and headed towards shelf and selecting a book about cats. She then headed over to a chair. But before she could sit, someone cleared their throat and Nels turned slowly finding herself face to face with an older woman.

"Aren't you a bit young to be in a bookstore by yourself?" The woman asked young Nellie. The older womans words were not spiteful, but of filled with curious concern.

"I just stopped by before I headed home." Nels said quickly, acting as adult as she could.

The older woman smiled, "I see. You know you have to pay for those books if you want to bring them home to keep."

Nels glanced at the book in her hand. She sounded disappointed as she said, "Oh."

"So you like cats, do you?" The woman asked before adding, "I have a cat myself. It's going to have kittens soon."

"Really?" Nellie asked her eyes lighting up.

"Yes," The woman said nodding. She then grinned and snapped her fingers, "I have an idea. I'll let you take the book you are holding if you help me take care of the kittens when they are born. They'll need lots of love."

"REALLY!? I CAN!"

"Sure, but you have to ask your parents for permission to come after school." The woman said. "You'll be a great help."

And from that day, Nellie Sev found herself in that bookstore even years later. She helped Mrs. Quinn with everything and became friends. And Mrs. Quinn even gave Nels her cat, Mr. Socks.

((@.@ Sorry for length.))

Proverb87

Trey Michaels
Assignment Two

I remember the day my Dad took me to see my first rodeo at the Equestrian Center. The show didn’t impress me, but my Dad became my hero that day. That conversation will be with me always. It has become my credo!

“Dad, why do other kids hate me? Why do they make fun of me?”

“Hmm, I may be the last person you want to ask, Trey!” Dad said, with a crack in his voice I’d never heard before. “You see, I was one of those kids who made fun of others when I was growing up; kids like you, I'm afraid. I was young and ignorant. I know it’s no excuse, but that’s just how some kids are. They’re either blinded by prejudices that they learn from their parents, or they harbor a deep-seated anger, such as was the case with me. They bully others who look different; whether they wear glasses, braces on their teeth, are restricted to a wheel chair, or a different size, like you.”

“You don’t make fun of me!”

“That’s because I love you! I know who you are on the inside. All I see is a beautiful person.”

“That’s it? You love me so you don’t make fun of me?”

“Yes, it’s that simple, to my way of thinking. You see, when I was growing up, your grandpa Don was never there for us; your Uncle Dante and me. Our mother died in a drowning accident when we were children, so we had to raise ourselves. My father wasn't there even before my mother died. It got worse after she died. I was angry; angry that he was never there for me when I needed him. As a result, I guess, I just started lashing out at others, even my brother.”

“But you and Uncle Dante get along; I don’t hear you picking on him when he comes over. You’re not angry anymore?”

“That anger will always be with me. I realize now, your grandpa did what he thought was best for us. It doesn’t make me any less angry at him, though. I think he never truly found love. I secretly hoped and wished for someone to love me as your grandmother did. Until I met your mother, I never really loved anyone who openly loved me back. When I saw her, something changed inside me. I didn’t become a saint or anything so drastic; I still like to pull the occasional practical joke, but I’ve learned to respect people for who they are on the inside and not ridicule them on their outward appearance. Everyone is unique; everyone is a Unicorn.”

“So I shouldn’t be ashamed of how I look? Like the other kids say I should?”

“Never! Be yourself; always be you. If you love yourself; who you are; you can overcome anything. I’m afraid there will always be those who ridicule. Don’t let them get you down. You will eventually find someone who loves you back for who you are and not how you look. Just know that your mother and I will always love you. We’ll be here for you when you need us most.”

“I love you dad!”

“I love you, too, Trey. Just remember, you are a Unicorn!”

miadhail

TheUsernameFound wrote:....And from that day, Nellie Sev found herself in that bookstore even years later. She helped Mrs. Quinn with everything and became friends. And Mrs. Quinn even gave Nels her cat, Mr. Socks.

((@.@ Sorry for length.))

Don't worry about length, as long as it is relevant. Great job!

miadhail

Proverb87 wrote:...Just remember, you are a Unicorn!”

-died- lol

Proverb87

Very nice entry, TUF! This pic and the story are perfect together!

Thanks Rachelle, but I don't think it was that good!

CookieDough987

Dana Prescott
Assignment Two

Dana trudged along the pavement, searching for a place to rest her weary feet. She spotted a bench close by and collapsed on it, breathing a sigh of relief.

Her mother had encouraged her to do more exercise, but the distance from school to her house seemed a bit too far for Dana’s liking. She had recently been offered to bake cookies for the bake sale next week, satisfied that the walk had caused irreparable damage to her feet, Dana stopped by the grocery store on her way home to buy the ingredients.

With the ingredients safely tucked away in her backpack, she began her journey back home. That is, until she heard a faint meowing sound emanating from a nearby alleyway. Although she was eager to reach home and start baking, her curiosity overcame her and she carefully tiptoed towards the alleyway.

That’s funny, I don’t see anything... Dana cast her eyes over the alleyway, All I can see is a bunch of dumpsters...

Suddenly a small creature emerged from beneath the dumpster, its sullen face hung low and its whole body seemed to sag with exhaustion.

Dana had always been a lover of animals, however, her mother had forbid her from ever having one. Excited, Dana picked up the cat and a great grin broke across her face. Its fur was soft, thick and the most beautiful shade of grey that Dana had ever seen. In Dana’s arms, the cat immediately relaxed. It seemed as though the bond they shared was meant to be.

The cookies can wait, Dana thought.

After that day, Dana worked hard to convince her mother to adopt the abandoned cat, her mother finally succumbed to Dana's pleas. To this day, Dana and the cat (now called Ben) are still inseparable and Dana is constantly campaigning for animal rights to prevent more animals like Ben from suffering cruelty at the hands of bad owners.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/18/12 10:04 AM

altheaquin

Wow you guys are fast O__O My idea actually has aspects of a couple of those but I think it is still unique enough to count. I'd better get working on it though before someone has too much of it in there!

emmacrs

Jemima Scott
Assignment Two

It took months of research and work and singing to get to this point to finally be able to have something real to try, something to make my best friend a part of my world. It had taken months of constant teasing from the other children at school about how weird I was, even mum said it was time for me to give up my 'childish fantasies' and find something to help me fit in. Like my brother who played rugby or my big sister who was head of the school newspaper. But I'd kept going, knowing that I just had to, knowing that I'd never ever find another friend who would be as nice to me as Philip. He was my best friend, the very best bit of my life. He never teased me or laughed at me.
I looked at the bright golden liquid I had made, watched as it bubbled away inside the bottle, it seemed almost as excited about this as I did. And why wouldn't it be excited, it was magic and magic is always exciting.
I looked around me, checking that everything was done, everything was ready for the next step. The rest of my toys surrounded us on the carpet as I nervously straighted my dress, hoping my hair was still pretty, and I carefully unstoppered the bottle pouring it's contents into one of mums best china mugs. She would kill me if she found out I'd used her good mug but I wanted everything to be perfect today.
I did my last minute check of the room, even though he'd seen it messy today I wanted everything to be as tidy as possible.
Everything was ready, today I was going to make my dreams come true.
"OK Philip," I called towards my doll, "Come out,." My eyes flickered back to the potion, "Anyway I have something to tell you."
I explained and watched as my friend picked the cup up, never hesitating, trusting me completely.
Then I watched as sparkles overtook his body, subsiding slowly leaving a boy where my doll had once been.

TheUsernameFound

miadhail wrote:

Don't worry about length, as long as it is relevant. Great job!

Thanks. <3

Proverb87 wrote:...Just remember, you are a Unicorn!”

I love it. <3 Reminds me of something my sister would say.

ArtistByNight

Assignment 2:

I remember feeling petrified in my swimsuit, yet my friends forced me to wear it. I never felt comfortable, and I was scared that the neighbours would see me and think, "She's a bit on the chubby side."
"Come on Milana!" Kirsty shouted, "It's not like the water will bite you!"
She was right, I felt like such a wuss. But she didn't notice that I wasn't as thin as her, neither did Luke.
"Why won't she join us?" He'd ask Kirsty.
"I don't know.." She replied. After my legs shaking like a plate of jelly, I ran inside the locked myself in the bathroom.

I'm not perfect, I always try to be. But now that i'm in my 20s, I want to prove that women never have a gorgeous body and wonderful hair. I've hidden the truth too many times in my childhood, and now it's time to change.

friendliellama

"You are a unicorn!" Hahaha, Rob, I love you ^^

miadarkdecider

Because she can't register with this site, I'm posting her entries here

ImmortalDreaming (via tumblr) wrote:

Tabitha Reynolds - Assignment Two

I was nearly finished my homework when I heard a muffled sob from upstairs. I frowned, and somehow it was only then that I realized that Mom’s car had still been in the driveway when I arrived home.

I padded upstairs, and slipped inside Mom’s room, where the sobbing grew louder.

“Mom?” I asked. I looked around, and didn’t see her at first, because she was lying on the couch. I walked towards her and put my hand on her shoulder. “Mom? What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Oh, sweetheart.” Mom said, blinking tears away from her eyes and sitting up. “I’ve got some… Well, I’ve got some bad news.”

“What’s wrong Mom?” I asked. I looked at her in her uniform, and I realized what must have happened. “Oh no! You were fired, weren’t you? It’s okay. I’ll get a paper route! I’ll bring in some money! Things will be all right. Corey can get a paper route too. He can quit scouts, while you look for a new job.”

“No, sweetie, I haven’t been fired.” She said, shaking her head, and putting her hand on my arm. “It’s something else.” I blinked up at her. Okay, so I didn’t need to get a paper route… That’s good.

“I’m…” She took a deep breath. I waited, patiently.

“I’m…” She started again, and I noticed more tears falling from her eyes. “I’m pregnant, sweetheart.” She finally said. I blinked.

“You’re pregnant?” I asked. Pregnant… Mom had told me about that once… She said that girls get pregnant before having babies… She was… Going to have a baby!

“You mean I’m going to have a little sister?” I squealed, eyes wide. Mom leaned back at my enthusiasm, and shook her head.

“Not necessarily, sweetheart. You might have a little brother.”

“Like Corey?” I asked, wrinkling up my nose.

“Well, not necessarily. And Corey’s your twin, not your little brother.” Mom said.

“But I might have a sister?”

“Yes.” I jumped up and started dancing. I couldn’t stop myself. I might have a little sister. I’ve always wanted a little sister.

All the girls at school had little sisters. And they got to dress them up. And have play dates with their friends and their sisters with their friends sisters.

And if I had a little sister, she could be my best friend. I wouldn’t even need one of the girls at school to be my friend.

“I’ll help! I promise.” I said. And I did. I got a paper route. And I started cooking. I focused on my schoolwork. Just like Mom wanted me to do. I even helped with some of the cleaning, even if it was my least favorite thing in the world to do.

Proverb87

friendliellama wrote:"You are a unicorn!" Hahaha, Rob, I love you ^^

You can never get enough love!

Dot823

May Bower
Assignment Two

"May-may," Momma called just as I finished doing stupid math homework, "Could you come here for a second?"

"Yep, Momma?" I walked to the kitchen, the delightful aroma of chocolate cake floating in the air.

"Baby, I have a surprise for you outside," She walked through the back doors and beckoned me to follow her down the stairs and along the stone pathway to the front yard.

I trailed behind, watching her unlock the gate of the tall fence. She walked through, and when she moved to the side, I caught sight of my surprise.

A puppy, black and white with pointy ears. The puppy's eyes were sparkling with curiosity and as bright as the sea. I ran to it.
"D'awwww! You're the prettiest little puppy I've ever seen!" She leaned forward and looked up, as though she was waiting for me to pet her.

"Now, you understand that this puppy is a lot of responsibility for you, right, May?" Momma asked from behind me, "You're going to have to walk her, feed her, make sure She's got fresh water and plenty of love and attention."

"I know, Momma!" I spun around and hugged her tightly, before turning back to my puppy girl and picking her up, "I think I'm gonna call you Angel."

To this day, Angel is my best friend. She's now six years old, but to me, she'll always be my baby girl.

Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: