Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Glitch with changing active household HELP!  XML
Forum Index » Ambitions
Cyberqueen13

I have had and played Ambitions for weeks now and for the first time I am having a glitch while in EDIT TOWN MODE. I have story progression on, which I rarely do, and I decided to move in a lot of my sims to Sunset Valley. Well, I also did some changes around town adding lots for venues and now I have a glitch where I get stuck when I try to change active household. If I evict the current household I can change household, but if I just try to change active household then the screen freezes in map view after it makes the change.

Is anyone else freezing when changing active household?
Do I have too many sims in town?
Is it because of the game progression being on?
Is it because of the venues?
What's going on!!!!!!!

I finally got Sunset Valley to look the way I want and I have all of my own sims in town. HELP!!!!!!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/06/10 07:13 PM

I Dream of Sims
Cyberqueen13

Wow, any help anyone???????

I Dream of Sims
MickieFox

Sorry, I don't know what to say. I use Twallan's Super Computer so changing households is a cinch.
Cyberqueen13

MickieFox wrote:Sorry, I don't know what to say. I use Twallan's Super Computer so changing households is a cinch.

Thanks. I checked this out, though I get nervous with adding mods. How long have you used it and how much do you ACTUALLY play to know that this mod is safe and works well? If you don't mind my asking? It didn't look as popular as the "Awesome Mod". Just wanted some more info before I decide to add a mod.

I Dream of Sims
Cyberqueen13

I can't seem to get it to work. The supercomputer.
downloaded it, hit install to sims3, still don't see it in game. OH, yes the monkey thing works because I get cc just fine. Any idea how to make the super computer work?

I Dream of Sims
cannibaleyes

Is it letting you click on "start playing with this family", but just going gray and not doing anything?

If so, had that happen to me too. I found that saving, exiting the game and reloading it works to fix it, but it's really annoying.

..Although if it's actually freezing completely, and not letting you click out or on anything at all, it might be a different glitch.
Cyberqueen13

cannibaleyes wrote:Is it letting you click on "start playing with this family", but just going gray and not doing anything?

If so, had that happen to me too. I found that saving, exiting the game and reloading it works to fix it, but it's really annoying.

..Although if it's actually freezing completely, and not letting you click out or on anything at all, it might be a different glitch.

It doesn't effect my game in any way, its like I didn't install it. I went to FAQ and tried to open a mod folder under "My documents" like it said and it didn't work. besides I have no problems with the monkey installer working for other cc. Oh well, I have been back to the town that is flawed and realized that the other towns (new) work fine. So I think I will try and empty my town a little.

I Dream of Sims
secretuk1965

you just add the super computer mod into your mod folder when you click on city hall it will have option master control, to get it to work in your home you might have to replace the computer as it works on any, but when i used to use it before amb came out i found it didn't work on comps that was allready there.

Cyberqueen13

Thank you secretuk1965. I may try that.

I wanted to let everyone know that I resolved my glitch. As it turns out it was cc that I had never used before. I guess it was a ottoman I got at TSR "Floris Living Ottoman by Angela at TSR". I removed it from the game by demolishing the house and then puting the custom house back without the ottoman. Problem solved. My husband says its 9 times out of 10 a glitch due to custom content. I hate to say that he was right.

I Dream of Sims
yoashmo

this is an ongoing glitch that came with AMB. i occasionally have the same problem sometimes bringing up the options menu will force the change through. but if that doesnt work the only thing to do is restart.
i make a habit of saving my game before going into edit town and then when it asked do i want to save when selecting edit town i select just continue. i do it this way bc ive saved it at the edit town prompt but when my game crashed when trying to change active household it deleted my saved game and i had to restore it from the backup.

as far as cc being your issue. you should really be more careful about cc from tsr, sometimes there stuff comes with a lot of adware and spyware so just be careful with that site. i personally stay away from it after issues i had with ts2

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/05/10 07:12 PM

whateverusay1981

My game just recently started doing this. When you try to change active household, it freezes when it says play with this family. Any one have any answers?

catloverplayer

I'm having the same issue. When you play a family for too long this happens. Also if you evict a sim out of a household and split him up from the others and move him in another house it will also crash when you try to play his house.

For me the check mark greys out. I don't have any cc or mods in my game so cc isn't causing it. It really sucks that this is happening since installing ambitions. I think it's the update that came with Amb thou and not amb itself.

People who don't have amb who downloaded the update say their having the same issues. If you restart the game it will work at first but if you play the family too long it's going to reoccur.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
PROTEUS

Curious as to if the SAVES folder can cause some of the issues mentioned aboved. For instance I have 4 separate games in all three towns, but going into my "saves" folder noticed not only my 4 game saves, but backups for them and all the game saves prior which I had deleted. Do these backup saves have anything to do with story progression and/or editing town issues. just a thought

My apologies for constant posts to forums but when your in my shoes where time really is ticking by you hate to see it waste waiting....
catloverplayer

Backups are just there incase your original gets corrupted. I forgot how to use the backups thou. I think you edit them someway if your original gets corrupted.

catloverplayer

Whateveryousay Your avie is beautiful. I noticed you have 2 versions of your simself on your page. I recommended both and added both to my favorites. It looks like both have cc. Could you upload a non cc version of your simself? Also check your game and see if you have the doll. I would download a non ccversion of her and as long as she doesn't have the doll attached.

If the doll doesn't appear in buymode in kids toys your game doesn't have it. I would really like to add her to my game.

Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: