Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
1 pink heart shaped/cut diamond???  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
KHS12

My sim got the call from the science facility to give them 1 thing of palladium and 10 life fruits.Now they want the diamond and i have no idea how to get the diamond.I know you have to get 10 diff gems but i dont know where to find those.HELP!

tiger_lily5

The different gems will be on the ground around the town somewhere. If your sim has enough lifetime reward points then I'd recommend getting the collection helper reward. It points out all the gems on the map and is really useful. The only downside is it does cost a lot of points. Otherwise, just keep looking out around the town and you should spot some gems soon.

You can also buy uncut gems at the consigment store too. I even found a heart shaped pink diamond that was already cut on sale in there for about $8000!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/06/10 11:50 PM

KHS12

tiger_lily5 wrote:You can also buy uncut gems at the consigment store too. I even found a heart shaped pink diamond that was already cut on sale in there for about $8000!

Ive heard about that but have yet to find it:/
tiger_lily5

KHS12 wrote:Ive heard about that but have yet to find it:/

Yeah I think it's just down to chance with the consignment store. I've only ever seen it in there once. I hope you find it soon
lillithlee

I broke down and cheated by getting the treasure chest off of MTS, I didn't want to clutter up my sim inventory with all the gems needed to get the heart cut. Of course by the time I got the opportunity I was close to getting the cut and already had a pink diamond that I found early on and just saved it. I really want my simbot thought, I'm inpatient sometimes.
Jasanne

Easiest way to find a pink diamond is with the miner -- I must have collected about 10 of them that way. But to get the heart shape cut you need to have collected 10 gems (old style collecting, ie running around picking up gems) -- except I just found out that if you have found 9 gems and you tried to sculpt a stone that broke and get the Floruite (sp!) gem that will count as well. I was startled when the heart shape cut showed up.
DarkAmaranth1966

And the cheat way is to use buydebug and place 3 epic spawners and 3-5 other in your yard. You'll get the 10 kinds and the pink diamond withing a week.

asamiramirez

Use the miner! You'll find a pink diamond much quicker that way than by just hunting around town. As for the cut, just keep picking up whatever cheap gems you find and cut them all; you'll unlock the heart cut fairly quickly. If you can get the lifetime reward helper that looks like a butterfly, (for locating fish, seeds, gems, etc.) that really speeds up the process. Keep an eye on town view while you have this opportunity; I noticed one pink diamond icon behind the diner in town while I had it but never again saw such explicit help. Even the lifetime reward helper doesn't tell you which gems it spots.

chuamishael

learn Martial Arts from world adventure.

That is fastest to get all types of gems, this includes unlocking heartshape cut
Just braek the spaceboard.

Mining didn't count as collect.
you need to pick them up so. Martial arts is the fastest
Dewin00

i dont have sims 3 world adventure so how do i unlock the heart shape cut wit only ambition? and i have all the gems n more of it but it seems lik i have 2 do more cutting?
radiantred0487

Mining does count.I mined like 10 Pink diamonds and several soul pieces. I used my collection helper to pick up as many gems as possible and mass cut them until I could open up the heart shaped cut.
TheSims3RoxSox12

AAAHHH That same thing happened to me!! I couldn't find tat stupid diamond and the opportunity disappeared By the way how do you mine?
no1browneyez

I found one from the consignment store. What career do you need this for?
Yahtzami

radiantred0487 wrote:Mining does count.I mined like 10 Pink diamonds and several soul pieces. I used my collection helper to pick up as many gems as possible and mass cut them until I could open up the heart shaped cut.

You can use a Pink Diamond found with the miner...but mined gems do NOT count towards the 10 DIFFERENT gems you need to unlock the Heart Shaped cut. The Heart Shape cut is not dependent on the number of other gems you have sent to be cut either. If you have 10 different types of gems that were found on the ground or accquired with the board breaker, it doesn't matter if you have NEVER sent a gem to be cut...the Heart Shape option will be there.

starlightkc

its says in the collecting skill that my sim has found 16 different gems, and I already have a pink diamond. the problem is I cannot get the heart cut. I cut stuff everyday but the highest cut I can do is the pear cut. Any suggestions?

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: