Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How do I get my investigator sim to use the fingerprint dusting kit?  XML
Forum Index » Ambitions
tnysgrl34

I have my investigator sim on a case, and the next step in the case is to dust for fingerprints in the dining room of the suspect's house. However, no matter if I choose "break in" or "visit," my sim doesn't do anything once she gets into the house. I tried selecting the fingerprint kit but nothing happens. I also tried clicking on something in the dining room to be dusted for fingerprints, but again, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
pdxwinn

Your Sim will automatically dust for prints - you don't click on the kit. To prompt them either zoom out and click on the house - sometimes you'll get the option that way - or you have to click all over the house until you find the object or area they need to dust for prints. Yes, this is a tedious, irritating process. My P.I. had to dust for prints and I clicked all over the house for a looooonnng time - I could have sworn I clicked every object there was until finally it gave me the option when I clicked the waste basket in the kitchen that was tucked behind a counter.

Good luck!

OliverSudden

When your sim needs to use the kit, she or he will use it automatically (just like the magnifying glass).

The place where you need to dust for prints will have one of those floating magnifying glasses over it, like the trashcan does when you need to rummage for clues.

I guess if you lose or don't have the kit that you won't be able to dust for prints, so don't sell it or leave it out where a stranger can run off with it!
pdxwinn

OliverSudden wrote:When your sim needs to use the kit, she or he will use it automatically (just like the magnifying glass).

The place where you need to dust for prints will have one of those floating magnifying glasses over it, like the trashcan does when you need to rummage for clues.

I guess if you lose or don't have the kit that you won't be able to dust for prints, so don't sell it or leave it out where a stranger can run off with it!

I have only ever gotten the 'floating magnifying glass' when my Sim is suppose to snoop for clues, etc. Not when something needs dusted. Everytime I have to dust for prints I end up searching all over the property.

SketchElder

Search the whole house, not just the 'dining room'. The game program can't actually tell a dining room from any other room, so the fingerprints could be anywhere.
tnysgrl34

Thank you all for your replies. I'm going to try it again and see what happens.
OliverSudden

pdxwinn wrote:
I have only ever gotten the 'floating magnifying glass' when my Sim is suppose to snoop for clues, etc. Not when something needs dusted. Everytime I have to dust for prints I end up searching all over the property.

That's weird ... I have never seen it for "snoop for clues," only to point out the trash can or mailbox my sim has to check or for the dusting thing.

Hmmm...
Greenb70

I had the same problem first time I tried to dust for prints.What works for me is to zoom out a little from the house and tilt so you have a view from above and as you rotate and change floors the floating magnifying glasses will line up with certain items and you click on them and get the dust for prints options.
liztaylor

I had the same problem and it drove me nuts! What finally worked for me was to use the "go here" option to have my sim walk into the room where the magnifying glass was. Then when I clicked the magnifying glass over the chair it gave me the option to "dust for prints". It only worked when I visited the house though. When I broke in, my sim wouldn't do anything but try to sneak back out the way he came. :o)
tulipfrills

I am trying to dust for fingerprints, but no magnifying glass shows up! Usually I can click on the opportunity tracker and the sim will start that task but the opportunity tracker won't allow clicking on when dust for prints shows. When I visit the house anyway, no magnifying glass and no way to prompt the sim to dust for prints...Is this a glitch or me?

inaja16

I had to quit the career and rejoin for my investigator supplies to come back.
MariJuly

In my game the only option that shows is take for "evidence" my sims does not have either the evil, klepto, or mean spirited... I just quitted the opportunity... Now I'm stuck on the one where Bill Racket has to go to work, and he aint going... he just stays home...

url=http://www.missingstudios.com/sig.html][/url]
naedj

Ok...I figured it out. There will be a floating magnifying glass somewhere in the house. Find it, then it will give you the option to dust for prints.
battenburg507

Looks like my sim lost his investigator supplies when he moved house, and now when I have the floating magnifying glass the only option I get is "take for evidence" or "No interaction available" Am I going to have to quit the profession and join again to get the kit back? 'Cause obviously, I'd rather not, I'm on level 6 >.<

Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: