Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Build-n-Share WINNERS' CIRCLE: Find out results and discuss the entries here!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
scorpiophoenix

DrygonBlade wrote:Congratulations to the winners! (Sid13: I loved your Treasure room!) Everyone did a really good job.

I just have a quick question. I wasn't mentioned in the entries. Is there something I did wrong?
Just curious as I am finishing up my entry for the next challenge and want to make sure I enter it correctly.

You are in the Intermediate category. I am posting the results below.
scorpiophoenix

Intermediate Results-#141-142-Cottage In The Woods

Sorry for the delay in posting the results but I have been looking at the pics for the last several days. Everyone did a really nice job and it was very difficult in narrowing down the results. So Good Job Everyone!

Sangstda8-You had a very nice exterior which added to your curb appeal and draws in the eye. The layout of the cottage was very nice. I would liked to have seen a bit more color to liven up the interior. As a side note if you activate your terrain paint while taking pics then you will be able to get rid of the grid lines in your pics.

Kulthero77-The surroundings really caught my attention on this lot. The bridge was a great addition. I liked the wishing well with the secret room entrance, very ingenious. I liked the green color you used in much of the interior especially the living room. I would liked to have seen a bit more clutter to give the cottage a more personal interior.

mgolden27- Your color usage was fantastic and gave the cottage appeal. The secret room was fantastic and it's entrance was very clever. This was a great cottage but it lacked a bit of charm in my opinion. The fantasy trees kind of detracted from the overall ambiance of the lot too.

Anniepks- This was a nice and straightforward cottage which in my opinion is great but without a lot of landscaping it detracts from the curb appeal. It really does need a few windows in the rear of the home. The secret room was very special. I really liked your usage of color on the interior.

Green_Girly100- Very unique house setup. The landscaping really adds to curb appeal. I liked the rustic take on the exterior and interior. I would have liked to seen a liitle more color to break up the interior. The colors in the bed cover was nice and broke up the monotony.

Ushio- Nice landscaping adds to curb appeal and draws your eye in. Nice usage of color and patterns. I really like the bathroom and the colors used there. The garden entrance to the secret room was very creative. I would liked to see more clutter to give the lot a more lived in feel.

Greenowl77- This cottage was nice and secluded which I liked. I liked your unique cottage design. I liked the rustic feel to this cottage which addes to the secluded feel. Unique secret room and a very nice entrance. I did find the interior a little dark so maybe add some of the "buydebug" lights or even add some lighter colors to lighten up the interiors.

Lady Pieta- Very interesting landscaping which adds to the cottage's curb appeal. The floor plan was well thoughtout. I was drawn to the rustic plaid living room which was very nice in my opinion. The treasure room entrance was clever. The red bathroom was nice but I would have liked to seen some green color used as well to tie it in a little more to the rest of the interior.

Kiarane- Another rustic exterior which draws in your eye and adds to the curb appeal. Nice touches of color throughout the interior, but I would have liked to seen more color in the interior. I would have liked to seen some clutter in the kitchen to add a homey feel, maybe canisters or a paper towel holder, a microwave. The hidden room was creative and well thought out.

DrygonBlade- I was drawn to your nice open floorplan. I also loved that you included clutter to give your home a nice homey feel. The pics were a little dark but the video was much better. Nice landscaping. In my opinion maybe you used a little too much green in the interior. I would liked to have seen a little more color to break it up, maybe some yellow or white.

SimBuck09- The exterior was nice but the green and brown blended with the surrounding too much in my opinion. This cottage had a cute and whimsical air which was a unique take. I liked your master bedroom and thought it was very creative. I also liked your kitchen.

Tiferoo11-I liked your choice of stone exterior. Great secret room entrance with the pool. I was again drawn to your bath and it was thoughtful and nice. In my opinion a bit more clutter would have added a homey feel to your cottage. A side note as well, remember to put a ceiling into your lot so when you take pics the sky will not be seen. You can use the cheap flat roofing as a ceiling by turning autoroof off so that it will not cost anything.

_Princess_Natasha_- Great landscaping and terrain sculpturing. This home oozes curb appeal. I loved the green in the living room, the different tones created depth and interest. Rustic but fancy interior. Simple secret room which was effective. The blue used in the wallpaper did not go with all the green tones in my opinion. It created a bit of clashing.

Shadowsims- Simple yet effective exterior which I thought was cute. The stilt effect was a different take on the cottage which I liked the out of the box thinking. I would have liked to seen some landscaping to go with the pond under the cottage. Your pattern usage was a little busy in your bedroom in my opinion. I don't think they worked as a cohesive front. I liked the originality of your cottage which was a factor in it's appeal.

Jazziejazz1- Cute exterior. In my opinion, landscaping would have added some curb appeal and draw in your eye to the wonderful cottage. Ther green color choices were very nice and eye pleasing. The bedroom was very nice and intergrated into the overall effect. I would have liked to have seen an overhead pic so I could put all the rooms and layout into proportion.

Since there was so many entrants for this section, I decided to add a few more winner spots. I am glad to see that there are several more entrants and hope to see you all and more in future challenges. Everyone did such a fanrtastic job that it was very difficult to narrow down the list.

Fifth Place: Kiarane

Fourth Place: Ushio

Third Place: Kulthero77

Second Place: _Princess_Natasha_

First Place Winner: Lady Pieta
jazziejazz1

aw shucks. no win i did take an over head picture tho. it was 20 of 23.

congrats on everyone placing!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/17/12 06:38 PM

HurricaneAllegra

ahhh! second place on my first entry! thank you so much!

LadyPieta

Thank you so much!! My "first" First Place EVER!!! I'm so excited!!!
DrygonBlade

Congratulations everyone! I am glad that I entered correctly. Thank you for the advice and compliments and I will use them for my next build!

SimiHendrixEXP

mgolden27 wrote:
Build N Share Challenge #143-144 Icy Hot Results

Thank you so much for the 3rd place & the great feedback. I love these challenges, they are so much fun & I learn a lot from all of the entries. Thanks to all who participate & make this so fun!
mudmittens1

Gah! I can't believe I came in first! Thanks so much for the feedback.

Working on the Simovitch Struggle now, it's giving me a bit of a tough time, but we'll see...

scorpiophoenix

jazziejazz1 wrote:aw shucks. no win i did take an over head picture tho. it was 20 of 23.

congrats on everyone placing!!

Sorry that was my mistake. I was using the slideshow and it kept stopping after pic 22. You had a wonderful build and just keep up what you are doing. You were very close to placing so just keep on building and you will.
scorpiophoenix

LadyPieta wrote:Thank you so much!! My "first" First Place EVER!!! I'm so excited!!!

Congratulations!
scorpiophoenix

DrygonBlade wrote:Congratulations everyone! I am glad that I entered correctly. Thank you for the advice and compliments and I will use them for my next build!

You are very welcome. You were another one who was very close to placing so just keep on doing what you are doing and keep building.
DrygonBlade

scorpiophoenix wrote:
DrygonBlade wrote:Congratulations everyone! I am glad that I entered correctly. Thank you for the advice and compliments and I will use them for my next build!

You are very welcome. You were another one who was very close to placing so just keep on doing what you are doing and keep building.

Thank you very much and I definitely will!

mgolden27

Congrats to all the new winners! I love the builds.

mgolden27

Beginner Results #145-146 • The Simovitch Struggle

TMDDS92

I couldn’t find any media to judge this build. Sorry, your link led to your studio and there were no pictures anywhere for this.

Dark_Tig3r

I like the overall look of this house. I found it very welcoming. You created a nice floor plan, giving all the houses occupant’s lots of space to use for family time or for privacy.

Suggestions: There’s a lot of empty space. Next time you could build the home a little smaller, allowing you to spend more on the furnishings and making sure you don’t have as much wasted space.

JGRocks2010

I couldn’t find any media for you as well. Your link also led to your studio. Sorry about that.

mudmittens1

I love the landscaping and the curb appeal it gives this house. Inside I love that each room is clearly separate from the others, but open as well. I love the placement of the objects, your use of color and patterns, and the fact you gave Betty a nice private space. Betty’s bedroom and living area is fun and colorful; it’s also great that she could put that outdoor area upstairs to good use with her friends.

Suggestions: You may want to consider area rugs or playing with the flooring on the second floor like you did on the first. You broke it up nicely on the first floor by room, but on the second floor of the house it’s a large expanse of white. It would have been nice to see the area under the bed and the area under the sofa with rugs.

pop_electric

Your house is very cute. I love the patterns and colors you choose. The layout is nice and the landscaping looks great.

Suggestions: I would have like to see individual photos so they were larger. I also would have like more photos. Next time you may want to do pictures of different angles of each room so we can see more of the house.

Freizha

I like the brick on this house, the balcony above the entrance way, and the style. Inside you have a lot of space. I like the entry and the floor plan. The little patio on the side of the house is nice.

Suggestions: I would have liked to see the trees spread out over the yard more, instead of just in that one area. For the pool area, it may have been a better idea to use terrain paint instead of the tile. Because of the hill surrounding the house, it would have made the pool blend in more with the landscaping instead of standing out more. On the patio, it would have been nice to have a shorter fence or on the family could see through, that way they could look down over the pool area. Also keep your eye out for wasted space. You have a lot of empty areas in the house that makes it feel too big for this family.

And the winner is....

mudmittens1

And the winner for the optional challenge is:

mudmittens1

Congrats!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/03/12 01:25 AM

_Princess_Natasha_

BNS #145-146 : The Simovitch Struggle : Intermediate Results

I would like to say thank you to everyone for participating! It is nice to see many old and new faces participating! Everyone did an amazing job! Choosing winners was exceptionally difficult! I hope to see everyone participate again soon!

JoubertCG:

I like the shape of the pool. I like the black and white used in the main part of the house. Used well to create a lovely contract. I like the green back splash in the kitchen. I like the bed colors and patterns of the master suit. I like the floor plan and layout. My biggest issue is there wasn’t enough wall art.

breakbruce:

I like the bathrooms. My suggestion with them would be to add hand towel racks and towel racks next time. I like the zebra print accent wall in the master bedroom. I like the pool area. Overall you did a pretty good job. I would have liked to see some more wall art except in the bedroom because you did a good job with the accent wall! Next time you enter make the over head shot a little closer so the details of the floor plan and layout can be seen clearer!

DrygonBlade:

I like the pool area. I’m noticing many pictures of the same stuff. For a two bedroom house 35 to 45 pictures should be plenty. I like the use of half wall and columns in the bathrooms. Adds architectural value to the rooms. I like the colors used in Betty’s room. I love the layout of the kitchen. I like the addition of a laundry room and pond.

Jazziejazz1:

Simple but effective pool area, I like it. I like the living room. Betty’s room is awesome. I love the colors and the layout. I love what you did with her bathroom. I like the master bedroom and bath. You did a good job!

Aleisha18:

I love the new home. Beautiful landscape. The shape of the pool is nice. I like the layout of the kitchen and the living room. I like the dark, rich woods you’ve used; they contrast well with the simple, white walls. The master suit is lovely but I especially love the bathroom. The subtle pink and white go well together. I do have a suggestion. The sinks you used are typically used as kitchen sinks as they are large and deep. Try one of the smaller, delicate sinks in your bathrooms. Betty’s room is pretty; I like the pink and green used.

Clovergoddess:

I like the landscape. I like the shape of the pool as well as your plant and tree placements. However, I would have liked to see some terrain paint under the tree and around the pond. I like the furniture, pattern, and color choices of the living room. I like the master bedroom! Lovely accent wall! I love Betty’s room. You did a fantastic job!

shadowinsims:

I like the master bedroom but too much of the same pattern was used. It all seems to bleed together too much. My suggestion would be to try a solid on the lights in white or grey and to use the leopard print on either the wall or the bed, not both. I like Betty’s bedroom. I like the green used in the main part of the house. I wouldn’t have used Asian doors in this build because they don’t go with the rest of the design. You did a great job!

mgolden27:

I like the landscape in the front of the house. I like the paved path on the side of the house with the two different terrain paints. I’m going to have to try that out some time! I would have liked to see a little dirt under the trees by the path! I like the shape of the pool. The backyard is lovely. I like the blues in the main part of the house. Great furniture placement. Lovely closet. Never forget toilet paper in the bathroom! It is essential! I love the master bedroom! Lovely colors used! I like the bunk bed area in Betty’s room. Because the room is so large and all the furniture is placed up against the wall, I would suggest a large area rug in the middle of the room to make it seem smaller and more furnished. I like the green used in there.

Kulthero777:

The trees have dirt under them! Perfect! I especially love the architecture. It is very modern. I like the storage room in the kitchen. I would have liked to see some terrain paint under the rock and bushes in the back yard (picture 12). I love Betty’s room. I love the rug and the colors used! I’m seeing many pictures of the same stuff. A house this size should have between 35 and 45 pictures. I like the furniture placement in the master bedroom.

3rd Place: mgolden27

2nd Place: Clovergoddess

1st Place: Aleisha18

Optional Challenge Winner: Clovergoddess

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: