Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Stoneshields: A historical City off the Isles of Shoals (Update for Island Paradise)  XML
Forum Index » Create a World
Quailhogs

Okay, thank you for getting back to me. I will take a look at it. I designed that tomb in a somewhat confusing fashion, so problems are expected.

happyjme

I have another question Quailhogs. For some of the tombs, like the ones in the New Hades graveyards, is a sim supposed to have a certain skill level like handyness to unset the traps? Or Simfu so they can teleport out after the traps go off because there are no statues to set the traps off, and some of the traps you can't sneek across.
The Tomb under the one graveyard I ended up having to cheat to teleport myself out after I set off all the fire traps. The thing you stand on made them go off again, but my sim still couldn't bypass them.

On the otherhand, I had no problems with the tomb in the small lake house.

Gotta love Nraas Story Progression!
Quailhogs

If you are talking about the tomb in the mausoleum, I just deleted that one. It was kind of pointless. I do not think skill is required to deactivate traps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/03/12 06:08 PM

happyjme

Quailhogs wrote:If you are talking about the tomb in the mausoleum, I just deleted that one. It was kind of pointless. I do not think skill is required to deactivate traps.

yes, thats the one. Along with the one across the street in the funeral home. Some of the traps say they can't be deactivated. I liked the mausoleum tomb though. It may not have had a real purpose, but it looked cool. I liked the freaky alter to the evil freezer bunny!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/12 12:58 AM

Quailhogs

The funeral home tomb works just fine. The only trap you can deactivate is the one on the first floor near the staircase because you cannot go around it. Every other trap you need to simply walk around, I left hints as to where they are in the floor design. Is it confusing? Yes, but that's the whole point. I'm going to give anyone who tested the world and posted credit on the description for Union Park.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/04/12 01:30 AM

PapaSmurf1

Looks great. I think I'll download a copy, and mess around with tonight maybe.

As always your worlds, are beautiful. When and if I ever finish any of my worlds, I hope mine can be half as good as yours.

Keep up the good work.

Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's question. ~Edgar Cayce
lauratje86

I just came across this thread today, and I've just downloaded the Beta 2 version to have a look at it. All the pictures you've posted look amazing! I can't wait to try it out for myself - going to start my game up now, and I'll post later today if I encounter any problems that haven't been mentioned already
Quailhogs

Thanks guys. I uploaded Beta 3: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5007309
After this, I am uploading the final product and will probably not update this world in the future (going back way after the fact to edit out missed details becomes rather tedious and makes me resent what I have created). Thus if you find any problems with this version, it is crucial that you point them out. Thank you for your help.

Hafie83

Truly awesome man, all the little niches you've made across the city and attention to detail really sets it off. And its big, plenty to do and see. I never understood why the default city's are small. Theirs allot here to comment on, very nice. Its my opinion your giving the Sims developers some competition.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/06/12 01:44 PM

Quailhogs

I'm happy you like it. It's funny because I built this city on a medium sized map, whereas most of the EA worlds are built on large maps. The downfall is that I have no distant terrain; however, I do not feel comfortable using that.

happyjme

Ea does use large maps but if you take a look from afar, the towns are just a little tiny piece of it and the rest is sculpted. I figure it's so you dont scroll your camara to close to the distant terrain, but most world creators who use them more then often dont care.

Im downloading your Beta 3 tonight Quailhogs. Are there any changes that we should know about?

Hafie83

Sorry I was just going by the pictures you've posted, I need a few more expansions I think? before I can run this world.
Quailhogs

Well, one of the tombs you may have missed testing out in the previous versions because I forgot to set the lot type (it's the small shack just off of New Hades). The water color may appear different as well, mostly because I am just experimenting with the water I want to use (I really dislike the default color; it's much too cartoonish). I fixed all of the tomb problems pointed out to me.

happyjme

I actually did go through that tomb and finished it. I didnt come across any problems except I had to cheat to pass one of the traps because my I couldnt get my sim to jump over it without getting hit every time! Are the endings of all the tombs supposed to reveal part of a story? I read the plaque in the cage and I get who that relates to, but I was wondering about the bathtub. lol Regardless, I think you make some pretty cool tombs.

Aripanda18

hello!

I have just read through this thread. After reading all the helpful hints and seeing the amazing pictures I downloaded Beta version III and will be testing it this night and most of the weekend and hope to have a report for you after I finish testing it out!

Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: