Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
OOPS, Store Stuff disappears. . . ongoing discussion on how we are fixing it ourselves!  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Author Message
Treesoar64


Joined: 03/20/11 06:13 PM
Messages: 71
Offline

Ever since the latest store update, some of my store items don't work at all even though they're installed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/18/12 03:05 PM


Profile
hummingbird41556


Joined: 06/03/09 12:09 AM
Messages: 872
Offline

Treesoar64 wrote:Ever since the latest store update, some of my store items don't work at all even though they're installed.


You probably should contact support. They can't fix things unless we keep reporting it! The number I called was 1-866-543-5435. Good luck!

At least my stuff actually is working, for now, and staying installed. My launcher still says it isn't though. LOL

I've spent over $2000 on store stuff, the LEAST EA can do is make sure it is functional!
Profile
DeterminedGirl


Joined: 05/29/09 01:40 PM
Messages: 184
Location:✿ ❀ Running out of pet food in Appaloosa Plains ✿ ❀
Offline

You must have The Sims 3 Preferences folder somewhere. I found mine in the Library of my MacBook. No, I am not talking about dragging anything and making the game generate a new one this is a completely different tactic.

There may have not been anything wrong with your Launchers at all.

All I'm saying is find your The Sims 3 Preferences folder somewhere on your computers and delete it.The game will generate a new folder, just like cache files.

It could be named as something else, so find out what this folder is called on PCs.

Profile
hummingbird41556


Joined: 06/03/09 12:09 AM
Messages: 872
Offline

DeterminedGirl wrote:You must have The Sims 3 Preferences folder somewhere. I found mine in the Library of my MacBook. No, I am not talking about dragging anything and making the game generate a new one this is a completely different tactic.

There may have not been anything wrong with your Launchers at all.

All I'm saying is find your The Sims 3 Preferences folder somewhere on your computers and delete it.The game will generate a new folder, just like cache files.

It could be named as something else, so find out what this folder is called on PCs.


Makes me wonder what else is different between the MAC and PC versions of the game. I've searched my entire harddrive for preferences and found nothing related to Sims 3, lots of stuff related to my printer though, LOL. I'm always deleting the cache files from my Sims 3 game when I close it, so the game will spawn new ones when I start it up again. I also delete the DCBackup files. As an experiment, I deleted the stuff in the 'libraries' folder in the Sims 3 folder in documents. I wonder if that is what you mean? Probably not as the launcher still shows most of my stuff as not installed, though it is.

I've spent over $2000 on store stuff, the LEAST EA can do is make sure it is functional!
Profile
Treesoar64


Joined: 03/20/11 06:13 PM
Messages: 71
Offline

hummingbird41556 wrote:
Treesoar64 wrote:Ever since the latest store update, some of my store items don't work at all even though they're installed.


You probably should contact support. They can't fix things unless we keep reporting it! The number I called was 1-866-543-5435. Good luck!

At least my stuff actually is working, for now, and staying installed. My launcher still says it isn't though. LOL

Okay, thanks for the tip. That helps.

Profile
zorba2357


Joined: 06/02/09 06:50 PM
Messages: 5419
Offline

"Library" in Documents is where all your Lots (also households with lots and community lots I think) that you have in the simbin are kept. Don't delete That!

That's why her's is different, it's a mac.

edit: the only thing you can safely remove if you don't want to lose anything is

1)the contents of the DCBackup
2)anything ending in "Cache" (only Files at the bottom, NOT folders)
3)the contents of "World Cache" (don't delete the folder itself)

I'm not going to try and figure out or guess what would be comparable to a folder on mac, they're just different.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/20/12 02:09 AM


Profile
knazzer


Joined: 05/29/09 07:52 AM
Messages: 1251
Location:UK
Offline

hummingbird41556 wrote:I made it to installing Late Night before I had issues with my store stuff not staying installed. My game is functioning just fine. . . except that my launcher tells me the last stuff I installed, which includes the most expensive sets in the store and I'm getting MAD. . . The Compilation sets from February, March, April and May do not stay put. I can't be assured that the items I paid a heck of a lot of money for will be in the game when I go into it.
The sets that are showing as not being installed are
Indulgent Living and Luxe Loungewear
Barnacle Bay (the original)
All the MONTHLY compilation sets
Animals Abound Playground
Muse Luxury
the various gift bundle sets for the 4000 and 8000 simpoints
EV Pack and Renaut Twizzy
Olympian Physique
Year of the Rabbit
Frontier Friends
Sports Fan TV
Toyota Pirus & Toyat Prius Eco and Celebration Pack
Loads of Laundry
Carnevale Celebration
Moroccan Mystique & Cante Captivity
Luxe Kidswear
More Holiday Presents
Fiesta Urban Streetscape
Lounging & Styling
Diva and Divo
Through the Spyglass
Cellar Arch

Most I bought, some were gifts, and some were Dr Pepper or free items. I'm extremely frustrated by EA's inability to fix this issue.

Oh, and the latest car download, the 2012 car, that won't even attempt to download. Maybe, when I finish installing my game that will change, but I'm really getting fed up with this.

edited twice to make spelling corrections


That's weird because alot of the items you mentioned is that same one's which are uninstalling on me as well!
Profile
hummingbird41556


Joined: 06/03/09 12:09 AM
Messages: 872
Offline

knazzer wrote:
hummingbird41556 wrote:I made it to installing Late Night before I had issues with my store stuff not staying installed. My game is functioning just fine. . . except that my launcher tells me the last stuff I installed, which includes the most expensive sets in the store and I'm getting MAD. . . The Compilation sets from February, March, April and May do not stay put. I can't be assured that the items I paid a heck of a lot of money for will be in the game when I go into it.
The sets that are showing as not being installed are
Indulgent Living and Luxe Loungewear
Barnacle Bay (the original)
All the MONTHLY compilation sets
Animals Abound Playground
Muse Luxury
the various gift bundle sets for the 4000 and 8000 simpoints
EV Pack and Renaut Twizzy
Olympian Physique
Year of the Rabbit
Frontier Friends
Sports Fan TV
Toyota Pirus & Toyat Prius Eco and Celebration Pack
Loads of Laundry
Carnevale Celebration
Moroccan Mystique & Cante Captivity
Luxe Kidswear
More Holiday Presents
Fiesta Urban Streetscape
Lounging & Styling
Diva and Divo
Through the Spyglass
Cellar Arch

Most I bought, some were gifts, and some were Dr Pepper or free items. I'm extremely frustrated by EA's inability to fix this issue.

Oh, and the latest car download, the 2012 car, that won't even attempt to download. Maybe, when I finish installing my game that will change, but I'm really getting fed up with this.

edited twice to make spelling corrections


That's weird because alot of the items you mentioned is that same one's which are uninstalling on me as well!


Interesting. Well, the last few times I installed store stuff, I started putting most of these things in earlier in the installation process. It seems to have helped, now. It didn't before. However, I have changed a LOT of things since then. I now install only one item or set at a time, I also install while running my computer in clean boot (I think there are instructions for that somewhere in this thread.) It no longer matters to my game whether I install things from outside or inside the game, so that's changed too. The biggest change is that now MORE of my stuff is showing up as uninstalled in the launcher, though it all appears to actually be staying installed. I can even find the pet shop and a few other things that disappeared before.

I've spent over $2000 on store stuff, the LEAST EA can do is make sure it is functional!
Profile
MeyersParrot


Joined: 06/19/09 05:26 PM
Messages: 350
Offline

I've had this problem now for over a year. I've tried everything and nothing has ever worked to fix it. I now just load the launcher and select all, then install and it will say they were already installed. If I don't do this they will not be in my game. I've tried doing them one by one but it takes ages (and my life's too short for sitting and waiting).
Profile
hummingbird41556


Joined: 06/03/09 12:09 AM
Messages: 872
Offline

MeyersParrot wrote:I've had this problem now for over a year. I've tried everything and nothing has ever worked to fix it. I now just load the launcher and select all, then install and it will say they were already installed. If I don't do this they will not be in my game. I've tried doing them one by one but it takes ages (and my life's too short for sitting and waiting).


I know what you mean about the sitting and waiting. Have you contacted support about this? If we don't all start reporting this issue, they will continue to ignore it.

First, make sure your computer is well beyond the recommended requirements for the game. Make sure you have a clean installation of the store stuff and that you installed it initially, one item at a time. Best if you do this in a clean boot of your computer which isn't really hard or dangerous to do. Your Anti-virus will turn itself back on as soon as you click okay anyway. To start in clean boot, go to run, type in msconfig, open it. Go to the services tab, clidk the "hide all Microsoft services, and disable everything else. This is where your AV will re-activate itself. Now, restart your computer, go to your launcher, back up (put in a different area of your computer) your saves folder, saved sims, downloads, exports if you have any, screenshots if you want to keep them, your mods folder if you have one. Now delete the Sims 3 folder and open game. Once it loads, close it and put your downloads back in the newly spawned download folder. You can also return your saved Sims and other things at this time (NOT Mods, yet). I usually stop here to run my computer maintenance which includes cleaning out caches and defragmenting the hardrive. Once that is done, you can open the launcher and start putting things back ONE THING AT A TIME Seriously. . . I usually start with the largest items, then go smaller and smaller and smaller. It takes me a couple days usually but I don't work on it straight through and I do own the entire store, until they release something new. I did find a whild back, since it is confusing to have to scroll through everything in that downloads tab of the launcher, that if you shrink, not close, just shrink to minimum, the laucher, then restore it, all the installed stuff will be at the bottom of the list and the uninstalled at the top. Now, if only we could sort it by size as well, things would go so much easier!
A few things have changed in the last month or so with my game. I did have to replace an underpowered and dying power supply in my computer and I put the machine on a battery backup instead of a surge suppressor to protect it from power fluctuations in my old house. This seems to have made somewhat of a diffeence! I was kind of surprised! I just tossed my game folder out last night and am in the process of reinstalling everything from the store. I figure it will take me another day or two, since I don't sit there and work on it straight through. I just wish all the clothes and hair I own were part of sets!!! it's actually quite amazing what isn't in a set. LOL

Anyway, good luck. Once you have done what is suggested, you can contact support and tell them what you have done already. I just recently had to send them a dxdiag report, again. And again they had to admit it probably wasn't my computer, at least not directly.

Good luck to all of us with this issue. I sure hope some of what I've tried works for you!
Profile
KarinL


Joined: 06/03/09 01:42 PM
Messages: 3720
Offline

DeterminedGirl wrote:You must have The Sims 3 Preferences folder somewhere. I found mine in the Library of my MacBook.

The only place where you can find a The Sims 3 Preferences folder is on any kind of Mac computer. Your serial keys are there, among other things. Windows uses an entirely different system to store serial keys and hardware-related game preferences.
I know you were trying to be helpful, but it's not really useful to give Mac advice to Windows users. Or vice versa. (Hey, EA Support Team, are you listening?)

Anyway, the only helpful hint I have - based on what worked on my XP laptop - is that it helped for me to put the store content into the base game before adding EPs and patches.
I realise that's hardly helpful, as you don't want to reinstall the entire game every time you buy something... But it might mean something to the technical people (hopefully) working on the issue.
Profile
walkingstick


Joined: 04/17/10 01:30 AM
Messages: 4546
Offline

A quick update. My store stuff seems to be staying in game now whereas previously it kept uninstalling.

I go into the game. Then I leave it running while I go to my purchase history on here. I download from there. It opens the launcher, which tells me there is a new patch (every time ) I click yes to new patch. Then I install my new store stuff and it seems to stick this way.

Profile
hummingbird41556


Joined: 06/03/09 12:09 AM
Messages: 872
Offline

walkingstick wrote:A quick update. My store stuff seems to be staying in game now whereas previously it kept uninstalling.

I go into the game. Then I leave it running while I go to my purchase history on here. I download from there. It opens the launcher, which tells me there is a new patch (every time ) I click yes to new patch. Then I install my new store stuff and it seems to stick this way.


I've been doing that for a while too. Recently I ended up re-installing the entire game. I'm running in a clean boot mode and took two attempts to get the store stuff to stay installed. I ignore the launcher saying it's not installed. I install stuff normally, through the launcher one item at a time, then I open the launcher once I'm in the game. . . to my displeasure, most of my stuff is showing as being uninstalled, again. OH well, I play anyway and unless I notice something missing, like I did yesterday, I don't do the next step. . .

Game is open, I'm all signed in, running in a clean computer boot. I've already made sure to reinstall everything in launcher mode, then I open the DOWNLOADS DASHBOARD. Interestingly, parts of sets that are installed are showing up in this dashboard in spite of the fact the sets are showing as being installed! I downloaded and installed the items, which was 3 pages of 41 in my dashboard. Since that time, I have only had three items continue to show up as being uninstalled in the dashboard, one of those is Hidden Springs, but it does show up in game so I'm not too worried about that. I am seriously hoping that the things I think are installed continue to show up in my game. I now use the dashboard to help me track down the things that keep uninstalling. It seems to be fairly accurate for finding this stuff. My game is always fully patched, computer is always defragmented, and I am enjoying actually spending time PLAYING my game instead of reinstalling stuff, for now!

I've spent over $2000 on store stuff, the LEAST EA can do is make sure it is functional!
Profile
23steph96


Joined: 03/03/12 07:32 AM
Messages: 1
Offline

Hey Everyonne
CAn someone tell me why my download arnt working into the game LIKE i download something from the sims store and open the sims 3 launcher and install it !! RIGHT then i go into my game and nothing there what i downloaded and i have updated my game !!! please please please help me !
Profile
SirTimid


Joined: 03/30/12 09:35 AM
Messages: 30
Offline

Just for the sake of bumping this thread again I'll add my version of the problem.

If I run the installer all store content and CC free exchange downloads install fine. I can play the game fine and everything's in the game.

However, if I close the launcher and re-launch all the store content is unistalled. If I run the installer again it will go through everything saying that it's already installed. I can play the game fine again with everything in it. However if I don't 'reinstall' everything nothing's in the game and I get the 'missing items' message and store items get replaced with other stuff.

Deleting the Sims 3 folder and forcing it to regenerate does temporarily fix the problem for me. However, I am sick of moving things around.

Has anyone tried the Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter approach? I am very, very tempted in doing that if it will save me the trouble. Also if you install store content as package files, do they show up as store content or do they show up as custom content?

Cheers,

SirTimid

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/18/12 07:12 AM

Profile
 
Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: