Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Crystalline Cove - Finally back on the exchange!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
lovejoyriteia

Writin_Reg wrote:Okay the second thing - what you described is exactly what we have been complaining about for months now with the world editor. From what I see is placing lots with that thing breaks routing and either causes massive lag and freezing or crashes the game.

Geez, I've been banging my head against my desk for months now. Every time I tried to edit a world, EA or custom, my game kept crashing. I thought there was something wrong with my computer, or I had some bad CC. Though I don't have all my CC reinstalled yet, I've only experienced one crash during game-play. And when editing worlds, the game crashed constantly. So I'm relieved to find there's a problem with the world editor; one less thing to worry about.

Gem: I noticed some things tonight. At Gelding Ranch, Piper couldn't get to one of the bookcases; she yelled about the fireplace being in the way. Then Sherlock wouldn't sit down to watch TV in the living room. So I switched the fireplace and TV around, and now there are no problems in either case. The dog couldn't be bathed until I deleted the shower and turned the tub in the opposite direction.

I spotted deer across the street from the Ranch and at the diner; I saw metal there, too. There were beetles at the Rustler's Den; and somewhere between there and the Ranch, tomato and uncommon seeds, as well as metal, had spawned. The cat caught an iguana, garter snake, and turtle. At the graveyard, Piper watched a parrot; and the horse was able to drink from the pond. A wild horse ran by the Bath & Books store, and several townies and/or NPCs walked by as well. I'm not exactly sure why, but a fireman ran past the Ranch. Sherlock has gone sky-diving twice now, and has also gotten a taco from the food truck.

Whew! I think that's it for now; hope it helps. Have fun this week, Gem!

ETA: Oh! The cat also tangled with some rodent, but didn't catch it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/13/12 06:29 AM

HappySimmer3

About the in-game Edit tool - I placed probably over 100 lots on magic_dancer's Sunset Valley 2 map and almost that many buildings, RHs, and houses and played that game at least 10 sim weeks (I'd have to check in game to know how long for sure) and never crashed once. I do get hesitations but it's not unplayable. I do wish they would make improvements to it but I have just not seen any crashing or lagging caused by the edit tool until my game crashed when trying to edit the other day. And I'm not saying that editing caused my crash because I have no proof of that.

SummerSong86

It might be because Magic Dancer's world is pretty much a build world. I've had horrid lag and crashes using the World Editor on a completed world. I can't remember when it started giving me problems. I used to use WE all the time. I used it in Saskan Harbour to put more houses in the mountain backwoods area and had no problems but that was before one of the patches/EPs broke it.

I'm just checking the testing progress here. My daughter remains ill and keeps me hopping. I remain ill myself and our cat Cookie is driving stress levels through the roof being naughty. She won't stay off the tables and kitchen counters. And she massacred some of our Barbies and ruined a fairy doll. She chews, chews chews on everything. Such a bad kitty! It figures, she is the most cuddly. For the record, she isn't doing anything Donut wasn't also famous for doing. I swear Donut is possessing her!

My daughter's rash went away so it wasn't measles or pox. My best guess is she is finally showing she inherited my allergy to strawberries. I can eat them. But if I eat too many, like more than 5 large ones, I get red marks on my face, like a tiny rash. The day she broke out she was craving fruit and strawberries being her favorite, she ate a large bowl of them.

I don't feel so great myself so I'm going to go lie back on the sofa with my daughter. I do hope she can make it to school tomorrow. She has to work with the special director her school got to run this musical. What bad timing to get sick.

I hope to resume testing on Crystalline Cove tomorrow if my daughter goes back to school. I hate missing all the fun you guys are having without me! I'm really enjoying reading what you all notice and getting myself back to the idea of being more observant and a proper tester again.

Call me Summer or JM (for JennyMoonlight) just don't call me late for spaghetti with meatballs!
SummerSong86

I forgot to mention I was on a PC not the Mac when I learned the World Editor was hopelessly borked. Like Reg, I had to do a complete uninstall, registry cleaning and reinstall to get rid of the borkages at least one of the times. Usually though, it doesn't get that bad and I just have to abandon whatever world I used the WE on.

When I was playing Great Bear and had the "Bubo the depressed foal" incident happen, Bubo and the other horse in his household showed up stuck inside a house of a lot I had just placed. To clarify--each one ended up stuck in a different house, but both were stuck at the same time and both houses had just been placed. Why were they on a residential lot that they don't belong to? That makes no sense? And how could they be stuck in a lot in which I'd just only a moment before placed the houses? So horses apparently are showing up or getting stuck in places we could not rationally think to expect them to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/13/12 08:02 PM

Call me Summer or JM (for JennyMoonlight) just don't call me late for spaghetti with meatballs!
Rukaya

Summer I do hope you and your daughter are going to feel better soon. It might be a good idea to have the doctor test her for allergies.
Ok I give up, I can't find the day care Center. what is the street address?
My guy Arden is in the sports field, and I noticed that just inside the entrance to the stadium there is grass between the stadium floor and the outside pavement. Is it supposed to be that way, it does look kind of off. I am now starting to horses in town but so far none have become stuck.
All in all the game is playing very well, there is a little lag when my sim goes into some lots with furnishing changing from their white color to their desired color and texture but nothing major.
Well have to stop for now and play with my kitties as they are getting into mischief. They are telling me "enough with the game Mom we want to play."
HappySimmer3

Grrr. Forums have been down most of the evening.

Summer, I use that edit tool on every world I play and I am just not seeing the kind of problems that you and WR are reporting. And as far as I knw an empty world (what I assume you mean by "build world") still uses the same edit world tools.

Rukaya, the daycare is across from the Plumbob Pictures Studios. The address is 6 Rosebud st. And it's next door to the fire station.

Writin_Reg

Tangie, that is what I mean when Magic Dancers empty world came out, the WE worked, shortly after that when we got an update was when I started seeing lag and freezing associated with WE. I knew it was not what was on the lots as I was not placing already built houses on those lots, I was using that world to build houses on as a build world mainly because it had no lots and I could use the size I wanted. But after that update, I started getting lag and freezing or stutters I was going nuts wondering why. I didn't use CC, so I knew it wasn't that. I ended up removing that world from my game and added in the one with the already placed lots, and had no problem what so ever. I was even able to add a ton of premades to it with no problems. Yet building just a dozen of houses myself on a dozen WE - placed by me - lots in the empty version of the same world gave me problems. I also did not use any cheats or moo or anything that could have possibly caused the issues. To ME it was proof - but perhaps it's not to you. If I was the only one having the problem with WE, then I'd want more proof, but I have seen a lot of posts about lag and freezes and if they have happened only after people have added new lots, well it's pretty conclusive to me that something is very wrong with the WE and is steadily getting worse with every update. I did report it again to the Sims team after placing just two lots, a 20 x 20 and a 20 x30 in SS for Pary's two clubs, and got massive lag. I had to restart the hood. I then placed the same two clubs on two empty lots in that world and had no lag, so I knew it was nothing clashing from Pary's clubs which I actually knew to begin with as I use them all the time, but you never know if there is something in a new world that might clash.

I have not placed anything but sims into this world and have not had a hiccup at all. But I guess whether or not you chose to believe it is up to you. I was just trying to help. If I overstepped then I apologize.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/14/12 03:14 AM

SummerSong86

Yeah by "build world" I mean a world that is empty of built lots like Ridgeview that you can customize. The kind of world made by merciful people for those of us who want to build our own towns but can't run CAW!

It looks like my baby has to stay home tomorrow, too. Poor baby. I did find out that on average, it is possible for a sick and bored 7 year old to call for her mom 3,246 times in an hour!

Rukaya I think it's just a virus going around--having school aged kids and a hubby who picks up germs at the office means we get a lot of this stuff. But I am still redoubling my efforts to get my hubby to carry through on his promise to have air testing on our house to make sure we don't have some sort of serious mold problem. Her rash is totally gone. I do think it was just the strawberries. I've got friends who have the same complaint about strawberries. These weren't organic strawberries which is what we normally get. She could also have had a reaction to pesticide. Normally she eats only organic fruits and veggies. Lately those have been hard to find, though.

Writin_Reg

Summer, you are probably right or stands to reason she would have been worse today, not better. Allergies can do all sorts of things - they show the poor human body no forgiveness.

I've gotten into a few dangerous situations due to my own allergies a few times over the years.

Be careful buying fruit - especially ground fruit from South America at this time of year, as the FDA have a lot of warning on them from that area. I only buy most things like that when they come into season here - which for strawberries is around June or July. I buy a bunch and then freeze most of them to have strawberries through the winter. I do that with different berries as well.

Okay, back into CC world....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/14/12 05:22 AM

lovejoyriteia

Gem: I noticed lots of Townies in the game tonight; as well as more deer, wild horses, and even a unicorn. Piper found some seeds at the Dojo, one special and two each of rare and uncommon seeds. At the Ranch, the outdoor tables separated and I needed to reposition the jump obstacles.

On a funny note, the dog wanted to walk to the dog park. I clearly didn't think it through properly -- what a nightmare! I thought Sherlock and Cody (the dog) would pass out from hunger. Fortunately, I was able to click on the Ranch, chose "Go Home with Cody;" and Sherlock pulled the car out of his bum and drove them home, lol.

Summer: I hope your little one feels better soon!

Writin_Reg

Hi Gem, hope you are having a good time this trip. hehehe

Okay, now I am almost certain those darn creatures are spawning in the junk yard. I discovered another foal, a big white bird, a chinchilla, and a kid all in the junkyard. The kid was just being stupid - he kept throwing route fail and I saw what he was doing was taking the small stairs walking around the perimeter and then back down the other stairs over and over. Finally I did the resetSim asterisk and the kid and horse left. The bird and chinchilla stayed of course, as they are not sims and don't have needs until they are caged. So I have found it best to keep the tall pile and 2 small down there, and the small on the landing. You may want to delete the stairs to the walk around area so the really dumb sims don't keep doing that. I went looking because after 8 weeks in here with my sim and not a hiccup, I was getting little hesitations like I do when the stupid tourist spawn somewhere they don't belong. Was surprised to know a regular kid sim can cause the same hesitation. Apparently they don't get any common sense until teen or something as I have seen teens come and go there. I have been watching for those two foals i saw in the beginning, I think the couple at the Long ranch adopted them as they have two brown horse - adults now - that were marked like the foals were.

But in the meantime I just have the tall junk pile and two small ones in there and I still plan to watch just to see if that one kid being stuck was a fluke or if all kid age are that nutty before definitely knowing those single stairs need to leave or not. There is nothing you can do about spawning foals that I can think of, but it has been 2 sims weeks between the first incident and this one, so it is not like an everyday occurence.

I am seeing some of everything spawn. Some things spawn anywhere there is an open area it seems if I look well enough. I don't know about types, but I have found tomatoes, lettuce, grapes, apples, and 1 rare seed and 1 special seed. The bugs are mostly roaches and ladybugs, and 1 type of beetle. I found moths, monarchs, and those little blue butterflies. I've found 1 rare mineral and 3 common ones. Only two gems though, they were not very valuable so I assume they are the common ones. 2 small rocks and 1 medium. I have to admit though I haven't done that much looking for them outside of my sims regular path between Hufflepuff and the Theater. I will venture out to other areas on his next two days off and take a sleeping bag with him. He's going collecting hunting. hehehe

But once I got things sorted at the junk yard I quit for tonight. Will see what happens when I go back in tomorrow.

I have about 80 sims in the town now not counting any pets. I just count sims, and all the clubs average at least 10 sims besides mine and the bartenders a night and those are not even the hotspots. Like most of us, those strobe lights are all gone as they are known to trigger Migraines, dizzyness, and seizures in people prone to those things - I am prone to Migraines, so I never wait to see if it will happen. I have no problem with the other type of lights though.

I think that is it.

HappySimmer3

Heavens Reg, of course you didn't "overstep". But I pulled up my Sv2 world last night and played it for a half hour or so and it was fine. 9 weeks, 2 days into this game. I have not tried to add any additional lots or houses lately though. I should try that to see what appends.

Sadly that was about all the playing I got to do last evening, so nothing new to report on Cr. Cove.

Rukaya

Reg, thanks for the info on the junk yard, I will have to check it out. My population is growing nicely too, and according to my sim, Arden's spawn finder, there is stuff all over the place. I try not to use the WE at all, the few times I have, I send up a little prayer.
Summer, We try always to buy organic produce, and then only locally grown produce, or at the very least only from Calif, never from across the boarder. Also only buy organic Calif. milk and organic, free range eggs. I know we are senior citizens and have been exposed to just about everything in our lives, but I believe it is never too late. We don't use pesticides in our yard either. We will use Miracle Grow about once or twice a year on some of our plants, but that is about it.
Tangie thank you for the address for the daycare center. I feel like such a doofus, because I looked all over the place and didn't see it.
I have Magic-Dancer's SV2 with the lots in place but haven't had time to play it yet. That is on my list as well as Castle Canyon, and I also want to check out HS since I bought the thing for its objects, might as well check it out and see if there are any interesting characters I might want to place in my library.
Have some shopping to do and then tonight my hubby is taking me out to dinner. Yahoo.
I have had my sims get really hungry too while running all over exploring. I keep telling my self to have them fill up their inventory with fuit and when they have pet, food for the pets. Always forget.
Greenb70

I haven't been able to play much in the last couple of days,so not much to report.
There are several different types of seeds and insects to collect near the nectary.
My sim has made it to day 8 without lag,crashes or error code 12.Thanks to WR's reminder I am using save as.I currently have 2 that I just alternate overriding each time I save.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/14/12 11:27 PM

Writin_Reg

Gem, I am sorry I didn't get to play last night, we lost another one of our little fur babies - cardiomyopathy last night. As soon as I can pull myself together, it's so soon after Maxie just two weeks ago and now this, playing sims just wasn't something I could do last night. I know my mind will be else where and do not want to be distracted when testing. But rest assured lots of great folks here taking up my slack. I need to put my head straight as it was my dear little Ditto and she has pined so much since she lost her mom earlier this year. We never saw this coming though -

Okay, I apologize again and will try and get back in as soon as I can.

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: