Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Finally Famous Cycle 1:.FINAL SCORES POSTED! Congraulate Winners :] (Pg.20)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Toblie

"So this is the what you left home for a single room apartment" he stated, not needing and answer.
"Well it's not that bad..." Her mother tried to offer support, but her body language and inability to find anywhere comfortable to sit screamed her physical discomfort.

Sometimes making yourself happy makes others a little uncomfortable...
June knew from that moment the whole day would be difficult and it was. The walk to the restaurant for lunch had her mother gripping at her handbag and violently zigzagging the streets. Her father sighed and huffed at everything she said. She so wished her sister Binni had come to visit too. At least the uncomfortable silence would have been somewhat bearable... well maybe.

larger: http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/098/d/c/single_room_
appartment_by_leedles-d4vei4z.jpg

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/07/12 11:48 AM

http://feelingcalledsims.tumblr.com/
FashonistaLady

Location: Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number... So call me maybe?(:

Hey, sorry I didn't post mine yesterday, but the forums wouldn't let me. Here it is

When Rebecca's parents arrived for a visit, she wasn't exactly thrilled. Now, that doesn't mean she didn't love them because she did (in an ambivalent manner). It's just that sometimes, well, they could be a little annoying to her.
As soon as her parents stepped out their Jaguar car, they were engaged in obnoxious bickering about the traffic on the way. Before Rebecca could even greet them with a simple "Hello," their argument cascaded into screaming and yelling. Rebecca slapped her hands onto her ears.
It was going to be a long weekend.

Dawdee

What a surprise, Mom and Dad decided to pay a visit, oh joy, especially at 8:00 o'clock at night, you know, when I actually had plans. Regardless of anything I had in store, I knew they had to be cancelled, especially with my control freak mom.

The visit was nice for the first few seconds, until my mom started complaining.

"Brooke, you live in this pig sty?"
"Uh, yeah mom, I do. And where's the mess?!"
"Um, hello, look!"
She then proceeded to point at the scattered cans all over the floor (In my defense, Peanut had knocked them over, so they weren't all my doing.)
"We're helping you pay rent when you treat this loft like some playground?"
"I pay my own rent, mom. And insurance, and credit cards, and car payments."
"And look! This floor is disgusting!"
"I can see my reflection in it, mom. It's not dirty..."
"We came all the way over her so that I can clean the whole time?!"
"Mom, you live 2 blocks away. You drove here, and even then, it takes 5 minutes to walk here."
"And look at that cat of yours, do you even feed her?"
"Obviously. In fact, I probably feed her too much. Oh well."
"So, Mom, did you come here to visit? Or just nitpick?"
"You watch your tone missy, I brought you into this world, and I can easily take you out."
"Try it."
"NO!"

I was used to this. All I could do was roll my eyes and laugh, because I knew in the next few minutes, Mom would be in the kitchen whipping up a brisket because I had "no food" in my fridge (I had more than enough) and Dad would continue to watch TV, ignoring our bickering (Which I admit, was probably the best idea.) You could say that my family was pretty dysfunctional (You haven't even met my sister), but regardless, I knew they had the best intentions. This may not be how I wanted to spend my night, but I must admit, it wasn't all too bad.

GigglyMe

Thanks guys! I couldn't really get to updating because the forums were acting up, but i'll deffo do it now.

GigglyMe

So we've lost Dber this round

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/11/12 10:51 PM

Dawdee

I know we lost Dber, but I didn;t know we lost Mark.

GigglyMe

LOL, he didn't my mind is somewhere else today! he turned in on simpure....*facepalm!*

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/11/12 10:51 PM

Dawdee

Oh, okay, because I remember seeing his pic.

GigglyMe

Okay so I think updated with EVERYONE's entry, if i missed yours let me know

Abeline2015

Scores?!

GigglyMe

I'm sorry, they would've been up by now but one of the judges wasn't able to get them in on time.

Abeline2015

GigglyMe wrote:I'm sorry, they would've been up by now but one of the judges wasn't able to get them in on time.

thats ok i was just wondering

GigglyMe

FIRST

DAWDEE
Gim Says
Creativity: 9/10
Relativity to assignment: 10/10
Model’s appearance: 10/10
Quality: 10/10
Setting: 10/10
Total: 49/50
Dawdee I LOVED this entry, really did! I enjoy how much detail you put into your settings, it creates a very realistic feel. Brooke looks gorgeous; her ******** are giant and slightly distracting, but if that’s the way she’s built than that’s just that. Everyone was very carefully and realistically styled, which I really did like. Overall, great job, can’t wait to see your next entry.
Adler Says
Creativity: 10/10
Total: 50/50
Perfect score! I loved this entry and the quality was great. The setting is stunning; it looks like a typical, vibrant, young adult’s one bedroom apartment, and is nicely furnished. Brooke is styled excellently; she has a very cool, fresh look. The poses are superb; each pose fits the characters you have created. The lighting is great, and the story is very creative! Fantastic job!

SECOND=TIE

JUSTME
Gim says
Model’s appearance: 9/10
Quality: 9/10
Setting: 8/10
Total: 45/50
What a funny visit, Justme . While I enjoyed the story, I think that this could’ve been executed better. There wasn’t much detail to the setting, perhaps a bit more clutter or something could’ve been used to add more realism. I wish you would’ve spread the setting out as well, since as of now everyone seems staged not exactly showing any interaction toward one another. And while her mother seemed slightly irritated that her daughter was smoking, she appeared pleased and smiling in the entry, not exactly even looking at her daughter but off into space. There were blurred places in the setting, as well as on your model, so I’d just say watch out for that as far as quality and appeal goes .

Adler says
Setting: 9/10
Total: 48/50
First off, I just have to say that Kaylee is one sexy model in this image! Fantastic styling; I’m getting a real “good girl gone bad” vibe from her! The quality is great and the story is also quite entertaining. I loved the styling of the minor characters too; each pose and styling fits with their respective personas, great job! The setting is good, but that wallpaper is very loud and distracting! Other than a few minor things, this image works very well, so great job!

SECOND=TIE

TOBLIE
[size]Gim Says[/size]
Setting: 8/10
I loved this bedroom setting, very nicely detailed. However, I associated the extras—Mom and Dad—with the setting, and the reason I removed points was because they seemed very posed and it looked unnatural. The sims are also very separated, and if they were supposedly talking to one another, one would assume they’d be closer. I looked forward to seeing what you come up with next assignment .

Adler Says
I loved this entry, another great story and a fantastic image too. June (a change of name?) looks great, quite relaxes, but with a definite sense of style and trace of glamour too! The setting was gorgeous; very funky, fresh and exotic. The minor characters looks good, but I wish you had taken the shot from an angle slightly more to the left, so that the mother was in better focus; she is just a little too cut out from the space. Other than that, a solid entry!
THIRD

MARK
Gim Says
Setting: 7.5/10
There are things that I like and dislike about this picture. I’ll begin with my likes. I enjoy how natural Shalonna and her father’s interactions are, however Shalonna looks more like she’s talking and smiling into space, than at her father. Likewise with her father’s expression. I also feel as if the dog was a nice, cute touch. The setting however was a bit odd. As of my personal preference, I would’ve preferred it be inside—but I didn’t remove any points for this, because as previously stated its just personal preference. However, with the setting on the balcony, things seemed oddly placed to me. I figured the father would’ve dropped his suitcase off in the house, instead of carrying it outside, and even with it being outside it seemed to be just there. I don’t feel that the furniture complimented one another either. On parts of Shalonna’s hair its very choppy, and the shirt she wears looks quite odd with her pants. Like its floating. Overall, I’d say good job, it just needed a bit of work in different areas.
Adler Says
Setting: 8.5/10
Total: 46.5/50
This is a great entry, I feel as though the story could have been a little more creative though. Shalonna looks good, she looks very relaxed and has a distinctive style, and I know from past entries that she is extremely pretty. The quality is great, very sharp and crisp. The setting was also great. I liked the poses you used also, but the image looks just a little bit staged and unnatural, as Shalonna is looking away from her father. Other than few minor things, this is a solid entry.
FOURTH

SHOGUNFISH
Gim Says
Model’s appearance: 8/10
Quality: 7/10
Total: 43/50
You are definitely improving, shogunfish! I did, however, find a couple of flaws. You model and this photo appears very grainy and the quality isn’t where it should be. The setting is nice, despite the slightly blurred trees in the background. The extra sims just seem to not have much body language and aren’t necessarily interacting with your model, so I’d work on that to bring the whole picture together.

Adler says
Shogunfish
Quality: 8/10
Total: 45.5/50
This was a solid entry; I really liked the story and the image related very well to the plot and general scene that you were describing. Your model looks great, well dressed, and nice styling. The pose fits in really well and the shot is taken from a good angle. The quality is good, but a little grainy in places. However, I do understand that some people have lower graphic cards, and the quality does seem to have improved slightly since the last entry, so great work. The overall scene works quite well, but the setting is a little bland and unexciting when compared to some of the other entries. Overall, a good entry!

DYLAN
Gim says
Relativity to assignment: 9/10
Model’s appearance: 7/10
Setting: 6/10
Total: 40/50
Nothing that really went on the story, seemed to be going on in this entry. Everyone was just standing there, posing. It was all very staged and odd-looking to me. There was no interactions whatsoever, and everyone was just in random poses. I had no idea which of the female sims was yours, since they all seem to look alike, so I had a hard time determining how well her appearance was. There was not much detail to the setting, and if there was it was taken away because of all the sims just there. I know you could do better Dylan, so I look forward to your entry for next round.
Adler says
Quality: 9.5/10
I really liked this entry! I really liked the entire cast of characters you created, as they fit in really well to the accompanying story and I can tell that you put a lot of work into this assignment. Jenna looks gorgeous , I really like the spring pop of the clothing, the pose and the overall styling here. The other characters look like they’ve come straight out of a teen show, and the variety of colours and styles is great. The setting is good, but it could have used a little more décor. The quality of the image is also great and I especially love how Jenna stands out from the crowd. However, do feel that there wasn’t a need to have so many models in one image, as they do distract from Jenna slightly. Overall, a great entry!

ABELINE
Gim Says
Model’s appearance: 8/10
Quality: 6/10
Total: 43/50
I like the creativity you went with for this assignment, Abeline. I wouldn’t have thought of doing the assignment this way. However, I feel as though this could’ve been executed much better. The thing your model was wearing on her head looked very odd. The people in the back looked very unnatural. I questioned with the man would be putting a thumbs up, when they’d just come back from a funeral. Also, the woman was just standing there in a model pose, some interaction with something else would’ve been better. They were also very blurred, and it took away from the quality. The lighting was also very bad in this picture. I don’t like how you cut the model and the toddler off at the bottom, either.

Adler Says
Model’s appearance: 8.5/10
Quality: 7.5/10
Setting: 7.5/10
Total: 43.5/50
This was a good entry; I really liked the story on it; it was very creative, out of the box and unexpectedly touching. The quality was good, but I wish you had placed the model in a more central location; she was marginalised and blended in with the couch too much. The mother and father are quite blurred, and the chandelier looks as though it’s in an awkward position. The overall image is also quite dark, which is shifts the focus from your model even more. These are a just a few minor quibbles, but every little aspect can make a difference in the overall effectiveness of the image. I know you can bring more, so I look forward to the next entry!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/12 04:27 PM

GigglyMe

SCORES^^^

BadnessDefined

Seen scores - thanks judges! Excited for a new assignment.

Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: