Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The patch will come...have faith  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Haiden

Ok I Know alot of us are having problems, some problems most of us share, but others (mostly graphics related) are due to people trying to play on underpowered systems. EDIT..not to say there are some with high end cards also having problems.
But come on 95% of all EA Sims games come with problems which is usually followd by a patch. We have only had the game for a week or so....It takes longer than that for them to fix things. I know its hell of a frustrating...but it will come soon... count on it!
KezJona

I agree with what you are saying Haiden, but when a lot of people are having the exact same problems then that is when it starts to get very frustrating.
I would have preferred them to release the game a few months later knowing that it will at least be playable, rather then releasing it and making people have all sorts of problems.
Kintashi

When big titles, like Sims3 gets released, most of the time they don't know about issues that arise after. They don't want these kind of things, of course, it loses money.
Haiden

Yip...we all wanted the game..now we have it we must wait for the patch so we can play it properly....the cycle continues...........
BANGFrand

It's been more than a week since I first bought the game.
I find myself coming to this site every hour, hoping that there would be some news on the patch.

I'm pretty certain that the patch is being worked on, but I still want them to tell us when it will be ready.

Waiting is just so stressful without knowing how long your waiting for.
ONMYLAPTOPYEAH

I know. I know that we have no choice but to wait, but it's just soooooo frustraiting that we have been waiting for soooooo long for this game, and to not be able to enjoy it is just crazy! I mean like what? Everytime i play the sims 3, i play for a good 10-20 minutes, and it crahes. The sad part is i be so into it, and when it just crashes and goes back to my desktop....that Reeeeeally upsets me. It's just sooooo upsetting, but i agree. Have faith, and wait. That's the only thing you can do. Just chill and deal. Hhhhh........

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/09 07:21 PM

tifaia

Haiden wrote:Ok I Know alot of us are having problems, some problems most of us share, but others (mostly graphics related) are due to people trying to play on underpowered systems. EDIT..not to say there are some with high end cards also having problems.
But come on 95% of all EA Sims games come with problems which is usually followd by a patch. We have only had the game for a week or so....It takes longer than that for them to fix things. I know its hell of a frustrating...but it will come soon... count on it!

I believe that this time around, after doing a lot of forum searching to try and find a resolution to my game crashing problem (still working with EA with no results), the most common issues were happening 3 weeks ago when the game was leaked online. A lot of the people playing the illegal copies had the same issues many of us have been experiencing. Maybe it's just me and trying to be logical, but when you hear that your game has a common error thread 2-3 weeks before release, I'd be worried and try to find a way to fix the issues.

I know that Sims games generally are released with some problems that take time to be addressed and a patch will eventually come. But after all of the headaches with Spore and the unique technical troubleshooting services that EA has provided , I don't see myself purchasing another EA product again. The last item was Spore and if I weren't a life-long simmer I wouldn't have purchase TS3. Just hoping that my collector's edition isn't going to sit in a corner to collect dust for the next month waiting for a patch.

Aside: The one forum anywhere on the net that was talking about my issue, and I was keeping my fingers crossed for a resolution, was closed and redirected to the EA Q/A website, where there are no answers to the issue. What's up with that? lol

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/150/7660.page
angiejr1979

I don't mind being patient when waiting for the patch.

I think of it this way; no matter how long they waited and how much testing they did, I don't think they would have caught all the little issues people are finding. The game is so intricately coded and there are so many different logic sets that must have had to be built in, that I don't think they would ever have been able to come up with all the testing scenarios they would have needed.

Even if EA had a workforce of 1000 people testing the game on a daily basis for the extra five months of the delay, which I very highly doubt, that's roughly 88,000 hours of testing.
Considering that they sold 1.4 million copies of the game in the first week, even if every person only played one hour during that week (yeah right!), think of that as 1.4 million hours of testing. Of course we're going to find things EA couldn't.

I'm sure the programmers are working plenty of OT to get the patch ready and out to us just as soon as possible.

Angie-
24thworld

What angers me is we have had no news whatsoever.

Without Maxis there's so little interaction with us players.

You'd think they would have at least said something like "OK, guys, we see you're having problems and we're trying our best to fix it, just be patient."

But we're waiting on something that we don't KNOW we're gonna get.

So come on, speak up EA. Admit you're money grabbing error riddlers
24thworld

@ angiejr

I'm afraid the delay was not spent trying to iron out bugs and errors... it was to launch a proper marketing campaign.. to boost sales. Kinda sad that had they bothered they could have sorted out all of this before June release.

I'm pretty sure they had all the disks manufactured before announcing a delay. Wasn't the delay announced like, a week or two before we were supposed to get it in February?

So obviously... they didn't wanna check things over and reproduce millions of disks, we got the same product ready for us in February *sigh*
missgracie361

Agreed. It will come and in the meantime, I am getting familiar with the game. Playing and learning how to build, move in and out, career paths,... come on, there is so much to it. It's not as if it is total down time. Probably not a good time to start a legacy, but sheesh... who is really up for that anyway?

They will make it good. Keep the faith.

Haiden

You know I knew somebody who had down loaded the pirated copy and when I asked them what it was like they said it was buggy and crashed alot. I then though well it served them right for downloading the illigal version, but like one of the posts higher up said the pirates were complaining about their illigal copies giving problems, maby the errors the pirates were posting about are/or is the same errors we are experiencing now.....That means it was buggy back then already... and they still released the game bugs and all. In hinesight I thought I would never say this, but after playing this game, I wish they had delayed it and fixed it!
24thworld

Exactly, Haiden. I'm 99% sure that the copies we bought were manufactured before February.

They made all the disks, then decided they didn't have enough time for a marketing launch, and pushed it back, and saved the disks.

It's sickening, really.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/09 11:13 PM

Haiden

Just for interests sake what game version do you guys have...Its in the bottom left of the Launcher.. mine is version 1.0.631.00002

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/09 11:23 PM

AliceRaving

Haiden wrote:Just for interests sake what game version do you guys have...Its in the bottom left of the Launcher.. mine is version 1.0.631.00002

(I haven't had any problems with mine. Bought legally and all.)
1.0.631.00001 Mine is lower. D:

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: