Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How to properly resize images.  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
ricmckinney

Hello! This is a quick tutorial on how to resize images so that you don't break the forum when you post your wonderful pictures!

First you will need to have a URL to the image. To get one from this website, you will need to copy the URL. The page should look like this:

After you copy the URL, paste the link to your post in the thread. You will need to resize the image, so that you don't break the forum. To do that, you will have to type in some coding. It should look like this.

And now you can post without breaking the forum! If you need to use a picture from outside of the site for any reason, use Photobucket or another site like it. They make editing photos VERY easy. Just click your uploaded photo and scroll over it. You will get a number of options. It should look like this.

Be sure to save the resized image! You can save over the original, or save a new copy and keep the original as well!

You can then easily copy several forms of the photo by clicking on these:

Be sure to click the one that says 'IMG Code'.

I used Photobucket for the third-party website expamples, by the way.

I hope this helps!

If you don't resize your images, the forum will look like this:

Not a huge deal, but it's annoying and makes navigating through pages difficult.

Also, make sure to preview to make sure your pictures turned out OK before posting.

Again, hope this helps! Bye!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 08/09/10 10:01 PM

The_Purple_Plumbob

Thankyou for making this thread, I hope this will help some simmers out there. ^-^

ricmckinney

The_Purple_Plumbob wrote:Thankyou for making this thread, I hope this will help some simmers out there. ^-^

That's my hope, too! I see someone break a thread almost everyday, and basic explanations never seem to get through to those people, so I figured I should make a guide!

kiwibaby4

Was this at least slightly aimed at me?
ricmckinney

kiwibaby4 wrote:

Hehehe... Well I DID use your thread as the example for that last image (sorry, by the way! I hope you're OK with that! ), but no, this was just put out there for all users who need to know how to do this, because a lot of people don't.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/07/10 08:56 AM

kiwibaby4

ricmckinney wrote:
kiwibaby4 wrote:

Hehehe... Well I DID use your thread as the example for that last image (sorry, by the way! I hope you're OK with that! ), but no, this was just put out there for all users who need to know how to do this, because a lot of people don't.

I don't mind, I tease.
I think it's a great idea for a guide and very nice of you to take the time. Purple_Plumbob taught me how to fix it though on my thread though, so I'm now proud to say I'm among the ranks of capable picture threaders.
ricmckinney

kiwibaby4 wrote:
ricmckinney wrote:
kiwibaby4 wrote:

I don't mind, I tease.
I think it's a great idea for a guide and very nice of you to take the time. Purple_Plumbob taught me how to fix it though on my thread though, so I'm now proud to say I'm among the ranks of capable picture threaders.

Yay! I already said this on your other post, but your new sims look very nice.

kiwibaby4

ricmckinney wrote:
kiwibaby4 wrote:
ricmckinney wrote:
kiwibaby4 wrote:

I don't mind, I tease.

Thank you! I'm glad people like them. I was afraid they looked too.. garish? I think that's the word.
ricmckinney

kiwibaby4 wrote:
ricmckinney wrote:
kiwibaby4 wrote:
ricmckinney wrote:
kiwibaby4 wrote:

I don't mind, I tease.

Thank you! I'm glad people like them. I was afraid they looked too.. garish? I think that's the word.

Well, I think part of the appeal of edible and berry sweet sims (not exactly sure if they're the same thing or not...) is garishness, isn't it? At least a bit, anyway.

ricmckinney

Bump.

ricmckinney

I hate to bump again so soon, but this thread got lost so quickly after the last one, so... Bump.

starling68

Good guide! This will help some simmers that don't know how to resize pictures.
I hate nothing more than broken threads.

bapaveza

Yep, good information. Thanks for sharing. People are always having trouble with this.

This was a great idea. Hope it doesn't get lost too quick. Hope that it helps a lot of people out.

ricmckinney

Thanks guys! I bookmarked it so I can bump it every so often.

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: