Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Town Editor  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
FallenMorgan

I would like it (in addition to what I said in my other thread) if in a future patch or something, there were tools you could use to edit town layout - add or delete roads, and place vacant lots, for example.
Walden95

I said this in another post but I will say it again

I agree

Unlike the Sims 2, I think that you shouldn't have to use Sim city 4 to create a custom town even though I already have the game. Imagine it, it would look like a blank map view. A grid would be viable just so you would have an idea of how big everything should be.Kinda like Sim City 4 in god mode, you would customize your neighborhood. By clinking and holding your mouse button, you would form rivers and mountains. When making roads, you could have the option to have them snap to that grid, or unsnap it so you can make twists and bends. You could even have your own bridge design. When creating lots, too you can have them snap or slide along the road. Place trees, textures, etc. The rest is up to you to design the lots.

Just another note. It would be cool if your Sim could drive from one neighborhood to the next(Ex: Sunset Valley to Riverview)It could be like a vacation for your Sims, trip to visit long distant relatives, or going to the big city. Hey maybe if this idea becomes true, they may even include Strangetown as a new neighborhood.

Another thing that you could add is a worldwide map. Place neighborhoods along it and depending on how far or close or what mode of transit you are using it would take time to get there. You could even create different worlds that could symbolize different countries or planets. Wow, I'm getting ahead of myself. Phew.

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at 06/14/09 11:08 PM

TheLighterDark

I'm sure that if they gave us a completely customizable piece of land that we would see some very impressive neighborhoods come up (especially better if they could be downloaded at The Exchange).

The driving from neighborhood to neighborhood sounds like a pretty good idea.

JaxW1217

I may be mistaken, but I forsee that the Sims 3 will inevitably become the next incarnation of Sim City.

Let's face it, Sim City Societies is a failure. I have it and I think that although the premise was good, and it is somewhat enjoyable, it's just not Sim City.

I hope that they incorporate at least some incarnation of the REAL SIM CITY with the SIMS 3. Allow the player to mold the landscape, lay down zones (including a residential/commercial/industrial user zone so you can size and place those player lots), add roads, civic buildings and so on. Then, in SC4 fashion, allow the user to shape and build their sim world.

Think about the possibilities...your sim could get in the car and drive to a city six city zones away, and you can follow the sim while they are driving. Or how about this, your sim wants to visit an old friend in a city zone that is across the water, you have them drive to the airport and have them catch a plane.

So yes, the Town Editor would be welcome with some Sim City functionality.
Baelzianyth

That would be nice, but it isn't going to happen.

Evidence is 1 map (barely another), both look hand made instead of coming out of a consumer level tool like Sim City 4 and Spore. Which didn't ship with the game and no announcement of such functionality being added.

Basically at this point I can't expect anything else without an announcement.

This is bare bones. It will not ever scale to Sim City (not on older machines). Even if each town is a small part of a city, and a smaller part of a region.

As far as business and economics goes.. those things weren't really included in this game. I can't see them grafted on without major work.

Since Visceral Games made Sims 3, I'd rather see another EA studio, with RTS experience, make Sim City 5 (with built in economics). The obivious choice is EA LA. They understand modern PC graphics and they also have experience adding physics to their games.

Like, this is a great wolf in sheeps clothing situation where it doesn't matter Maxis can't be relied upon to continue pumping out content, the end result is THIS is Sims 3.

I don't care to see them attempt to pull the same thing with Sim City 5 and not address all the stuff that was wrong with Sim City 4.. all the carry over limitations that it had from previous games the way Sims 3 carries too much over from Sims 2. If it's to be a wolf.. lets see the fangs.. Lets see them get the license and mandant to revive a real Sim City game and then run with it, like Visceral has with Sims 3. At least the base game will be playable if little more can be espected after that.

But at the end of the day I want to see Lucy Bradshaw and that gang redeem themselves. Let Spore die and do the game they should have done from the beginning.

Win7 Ultimate
8 Gb of DDRII
ATI Radeon HD2900XT 512Mb
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
considering compiling a master list of Sims grievances
Walden95

Well what can I say, that is a big request. Still hoping though
Sorry, we are getting off of the topic "Town Editor"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/14/09 11:09 PM

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: