Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Pools On Roofs?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
MirrorsEdgeFan

I think EA are getting some of their ideas of past games because remember Tinsel Bluffs on the Sims Bustin out??. They had a Pool on the roof just like Late Night has in the trailer. why are they getting ideas from past games that were made 6 years ago

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/14/10 07:18 PM

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Trust me, as a builder, i'm really glad they do. And if they didn't there would be no LN at all, since most of it is a combo of Hot date, superstar, AL, and NL, completely revamped and better versions of them

darkgoddess

not saying this is the case, but just because it happened in another game doesnt mean thats where they got their ideas. i myself have wondered why i couldn't build a pool on another floor or on the roof so im sure the big heads that make this game have thought the same.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/14/10 07:27 PM

Anonymous

Uhm, they made sims 2 so it's not exactly copying, it was their idea in the first place. I don't see anything wrong with them reusing old features. What else would they do? If they don't use features from other sims games, what featurees would they use?
gikster

They're recycling the idea's that people want. I've tried making a rooftop pool for one of my homes and was quite sad when I couldn't because it was to make my sim look rich. But now I can place pools upstairs? Brill.
planieguy

Uhm, they made sims 2 so it's not exactly copying

Maxis made The Sims 2 and The Sims Bustin' Out, not EA. EA make the Sims 3

But I fail to see what's bad about being able to build pools on the roof? I can't wait for skyscraper top pools and hot tubs
awesomeplayer192

i believe
maxis was a branch of EA
they said that they expected the sims to sell 16k
and it sold 160k on the first game
maybe since they expected it to fail
they didnt want to have that failure under its big name
doodlesam

planieguy wrote:
Uhm, they made sims 2 so it's not exactly copying

Maxis made The Sims 2 and The Sims Bustin' Out, not EA. EA make the Sims 3

But I fail to see what's bad about being able to build pools on the roof? I can't wait for skyscraper top pools and hot tubs

Actuelly, EA didn't technically make any of the games. They just published them. The team that made the sims 3 are pretty much the same team that created the sims 2.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/14/10 10:05 PM

planieguy

Actuelly, EA didn't technically make any of the games. They just published them. The team that made the sims 3 are pretty much the same team that created the sims 2.

EA do develop the Sims 3, and the last few Sims 2 EPs. TS2 and TS1 were developed by Maxis

The Sims team is missing a lot of people who developed TS1 and TS2, as they went to work on Spore.
Wilderwolf

I don't remember Tinsel bluffs having a pool on the roof. I remember they had one on their back deck, but not on the roof.

Opmystik

planieguy wrote:

EA do develop the Sims 3, and the last few Sims 2 EPs. TS2 and TS1 were developed by Maxis

The Sims team is missing a lot of people who developed TS1 and TS2, as they went to work on Spore.

When it all boils down to it EA has owned TS since it basically came out. Whether it says EA/Maxis or just EA doesn't make it now that they are developing TS. They just got rid of the name Maxis when it comes to TS. Don't know why though.

On a side note I thought only Will Wright went to Spore before "leaving" to do him own thing with the games?

On topic They like to take the good ideas and make them better. lol

Simmerd80

The Maxis vs. EA argument always makes me

But yeah I agree with what others said. Nothing wrong with taking a good idea and recycling it!
catloverplayer

I'm glad that we will be able to put pools and hottubs on roofs. I'm hoping we can also put pools inside penthouses. In apartment life there was two large houses that had swimming pools inside of them and a hottub as well.

The Sims 4 Coming September 2nd.
gemnich

i personally think that EA made all the sims since they were there in the beginning.

Besides that i'm so glad that you can put pools on the roof now since i have really been wanting to so that my sims look even richer and classier.
Wilderwolf

Every time I see this thread I wonder to myself why this is even an issue to someone that they're reusing good ideas.

Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: