Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Ambitions Not Installing!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
pieater

When I'm installing, it says "Select a volume where The Sims 3 is already installed." So I choose my sims 3 folder, then I choose the applications folder, then I don't choose anything at all. Every time, after I hit continue, it pops up "To install The Sims 3 Ambitions you must already have sims 3 installed. Select a volume where the The Sims3.app is already installed."

I have sims 3 installed, and I have a 13" macbook pro

Help!

-edit-

I also have no idea what a volume is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/21/10 12:37 AM

Nichaedemus

Hi,

You will need to select the actual Sims 3 game icon which, by default, can be found in your Applications folder. If it is not there, you can try using Spotlight to locate it.

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
Herbiedad

A "Volume" in Macspeak, is a drive. Be it a Hard drive, Flashdrive, External Hard drive or a DVD Drive.

In this case, the "Volume" you need to select is your Mac HD, and no further than that.

The installer has a script in it that will check Mac HD\Applications\The Sims 3 to see if you do indeed have the base game installed. If you select anywhere but the Mac HD, it can throw this script off and it will say you don't have installed... what you DO have installed.

saraluptowski

ok, so tther IS an ambitions tthat can be on Mac platfform?

i jus chekd tth EA stor online and cod only find tth pc versn

Bel008

saraluptowski wrote:ok, so tther IS an ambitions tthat can be on Mac platfform?

i jus chekd tth EA stor online and cod only find tth pc versn

Hi Sara there is a PC/Mac version of Ambitions I have that is a DVD. I think the EA store only has the PC digital download version.

saraluptowski

ah! as alwas, Bel tthank yuo! *hart*

tomkemp4

If you need to download a copy for the Mac, you can get it here
acrobatikatie

Hi, have you figured this out yet? I am having the same problem and I of course have the sims installed because I am playing it all the time... it is not giving me the option of clicking on the actual icon, just the folder where the uninstall and readme are located.

Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: