Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Grey Meadow, the Industrial Hub  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Damienf519

Quailhogs,

Okay, I'll add some of my own pets. That's a good idea. Other than the lack of Pets through I am really enjoying Grey Meadows. On the bright side it seems to have auto generated some anyway.

By the way, I did come across at least one other more series problem that you might be able to fix. There seems to be some routing issues when it comes to one of the houses. I made one of my sims a fire men and when a fire started at this one house at the end of one of the roads, the fire truck had trouble getting their. In fact my sim got out twice at the wrong location and I had to send him to the house that was on fire manually, and by the time he got there, the house had already burned down. If it had been real life the people who lived there could have been killed.

Check out Spring Valley. Don't forget the saved game file. Let me know what you think
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/688035.
page#10975233
Quailhogs

That must have been because I didn't put an intersection at the road's end. If any other problems arise, I'll upload the world again... because it's not like I haven't done that enough times.

Damienf519

Quailhogs,

Thanks. So you know what house I'm talking about? Yeah, I don't think there was an intersection at the end of that road. Well I guess its no big deal, if I can still get my firemen there in the case of a fire, but you really should fix that before you upload the next version of your map. I've done that with a couple of the lots on my map, but none of the homes. Still I might want to consider changing that now before I'm ready to upload it to the exchange, even through it won't look as good. Either that or give people a warning not to put houses at the end of those roads. I really better test those lots on my map now anyway.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/22/12 05:59 AM

Check out Spring Valley. Don't forget the saved game file. Let me know what you think
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/688035.
page#10975233
tinousch

Hi Quailhogs,

just dropping in to say how much I adore Grey Meadows, it's a fabulously unique city. Thanks a million for putting in all this time and effort to create it!

By the way, any chance to find out how you made these amazing new skyscrapers ...? (Please just ignore question in case I've overlooked pages-long discussion thread on the matter ... )
tashie_baby11

Quailhogs - I would like to personally thank you for this world. I adore it so much. It is so much better than any world EA made. I am enjoying my time playing in this wonderful world thoroughly. Thank you (:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/19/12 04:52 AM

Quailhogs

I am happy that you are enjoying it. Glad to know that people are still playing Grey Meadow. I haven't really heard much about it lately.

tashie_baby11

Quailhogs wrote:I am happy that you are enjoying it. Glad to know that people are still playing Grey Meadow. I haven't really heard much about it lately.

I enjoy it a lot It's actually the only downloaded world I've ever played extensively on.
bshag4lv

Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.

Hi Quailhogs! Of course I'm still playing Grey Meadow...it's my exclusive vamp world and one of the only player made worlds that didn't fall to the destructive patch EA put out a few months ago. (Thank God.)

I've been battling with my launcher and have been trying to get Fortress Rock back. I really love that world also.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
Quailhogs

That's good news, except for the trouble you are having with Fortress Rock. I hope that gets fixed. The launcher can be kind of finicky.

bshag4lv

Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.

Aha, finally got Fortress Rock back...now to get back to Rinata.

Oops, sorry, this is the Grey Meadow thread.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/22/12 05:52 PM

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
MalcolmX

So, just to be clear, this is considered complete and ready for download and play then? I've been looking for some new worlds to play in (I have yet to find one that I enjoy more than Bridgeport--three saved games and all of them to that city xD ), and your worlds seem to have the "depressive beauty" that I enjoy. Please don't take that offensively, I just meant it has a very old architectural feel which is what I like playing with. I hope to download this and Fortress Rock and hopefully find myself with a few new favorite towns to play in.
Quailhogs

HOW DARE YOU... No, I understand exactly what you are saying. This world had been completed for quite a while. While I may update it sometime in the future, this world is very much eligible for use. Just make sure you have all of the required expansion packs (Meanwhile, there are older versions of this world still in my studio in case you lack the required games).

Lizziguin

Oh dear, last night I was playing with the Burke Sr. family and the poor wife got that glitch where she couldn't go to work. Now is this a glitch from Showtime or is there something wrong in your world? I'm guessing it's probably not your world but I just want to check.
Quailhogs

I don't know and I have no way of checking at the moment. The next time I update this world I will look into that family and the place she works at... unless you changed her career or something.

Quailhogs

Took me long enough, but I finally installed Showtime. I'm going to update this world meanwhile since it will certainly take less time to update than finish one of my two worlds in progress. I am probably just going to have one of each type of venue since I am short on space. This lot is the live-show venue, and it is going to replace one of the criminal warehouses.

Since my updates are also intended to fix problems of previous versions, please supply me with any problems you encountered with the current world and I will try to take care of it. Please remember to be specific.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/21/12 11:46 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: