Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Jazmyne4u2

I guess you can call me "lucky", but SO FAR I haven't had any issues with the new patch and my game hasn't been crashing like it was from patch 1.29, BUT I was wondering if anybody knows why sometimes when I quit a game, and come back, that my sim will be in an interaction, but will be just standing there and never moves. It happened a few times and it will happen with animals also. This may not be the right place to post this, and I'm sorry if it isn't, but if anybody knows, that will be a great help.

I do have CC, and I have all the EP except showtime obviously.
linarwing

My game is fine, too. The only problem I had was the XRoads log-in thing, which really didn't bother me, because I don't WANT to be logged in, in my game.

However, I'm stubborn about solving problems, and here's what I have just discovered a few minutes ago:

- - - - - * * * * * - - - - -

THERE'S A VERY EASY ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM.

Someone alerted me that CCCleaner basically removes COOKIES.

So...I went into Internet Options and used the settings to tell the built-in browser cleaner there (on the General tab) to remove everything EXCEPT my saved passwords, ran the cleaner, and went back to the game and hit the log-in button.

YUP! That did the trick right off the bat. Evidently when the patch is installed, it writes in a cookie from the download, that crosses over with your own EA log-in somehow.

Clean your browser files, and you will be able to log-in in the game.

For myself, I logged right back out again. I DON'T want the social function in my game. But I'm happy that it works in case I ever DO want to use it at any given time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/06/12 01:14 AM

svlyn

I have a system error when i try to upload any lot. ALso i do not seem to be able to read peoples posts when i am looking at my wall.

ellacharm3d

Hi, Crin.
I can't believe how much the thread has grown just on patch issues alone!

Anyway, I've search around here, and can't locate if there's a solution so far on the "cannot quit without freezing" issue. I understand it is not new to 1.31, but I cannot find references to it in other Bugs threads or in Technical section.

If still ongoing, then I have a suggestion.
How about using Process Monitor to see what is doing the holdup to ts3w.exe when the Quit command was given?
Also, for folks encountering this, is Origin still installed? Updated? By manually uninstalling and redownloading from the site or allowing Origin to update itself?

crinrict wrote:Is this an existing game and do you have the same issue with a new one ?
FaithofKaela wrote:Crin - never had any issues prior to the patch. And no other log in issues, it just won't let me exit the game when logged in.
crinrict wrote:@FaithofKaela: So when you're not logged in, you can exit ? There have been a few reports of non-exitable games before this patch. Did you have any other log-in issues ?
FaithofKaela wrote:I am playing on Windows, with a completely Vanilla game, with jsut the 1.31 patch, whenever I log in, via the front menu, I can no longer exit the game without it hanging. It does not crash to desktop, but task manager lists it as not responding. Any suggestions?

crinrict

@Jazmyne4u2: Never heard of that. Did this start after the patch ?

@linarwing: Thanks

@svlyn: Ingame or website ? Server's probably very busy, just try again

@ellacharm3d: Hey ella, don't have a solution for this issue. I saw people starting to complain about this a few weeks ago. I don't think there were any major Origin changes when this started happening but it was not the patch. I'll put your suggestion on the first page.

The thread is only long cause there's a lot of communication back and forth. There aren't that many issues, mostly actually with the wall and existing games getting corrupted some way or another.

BionixWV

I double checked for this error, but I might have missed it:

With a clean game, no CC, when switching from one neighborhood to the main menu,game freezes every time.

Machine specs

HP HPE-500F
Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit
AMD Phenom II X6 1045T
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz
FOXCONN 2AB1 Mobo
AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB PCIe
1465GB Western Digital WDC WD15 EARS-60MVWB0 SATA Disk Device

I also use Iobit's Game Booster 3 to further free resources for the game. Using this program or not, game still freezes. Only started after installing Showtime.All prior EP's & SP's are installed as well.Having the social features on or off doesn't prove anything either.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 03/06/12 10:40 AM

crinrict

Please answer the questions in the second post, including your basic computer specs.

junkies_promise

The patch didn't seem to change anything for me (though I did have the glitch where outfits and makeup don't stick), but after installing Showtime, I've noticed a couple things.

The sound for the DJ booths and the karaoke machine don't work. The sims can use the objects just fine... but no sound comes out. I'm playing completely vanilla so I know it's got nothing to do with mods and I've doubled checked my sound settings. Not quite sure what's going on. :I
crinrict

Try deleting your cache files if you haven't done so.

junkies_promise

I did. When I installed Showtime, I completely removed my sims 3 folder from my documents in order to keep all my saves and stuff safe.

Testing the expansion a bit more, I discovered none of the new objects I've used have sound. The jukeboxs are fine once I change the song, and the huge TV works normally... But the pool table, and dance sphere have no sound effects.
crinrict

What's your sound card ? Do you have the latest drivers for it ?

junkies_promise

After I posted that last reply, I went to go check my sound drivers. I thought my computer actually updated me on them awhile back, but when I checked, I was running on a 2009 driver and it wouldn't let me do an automatic update.

Went to the realtek site, manually installed the newest driver and now the sound is working correctly as far as I can tell.

At least I know now that EA didn't make that big of an oversight in their testing... XD
jacqpinks

I have showtime no CC or Mods started a vanilla game

Sometimes when my sim is performing she will sing but no sound comes out this was the same in the sims 2 with the karaoke thingo

and sometimes their lips don't move at all when they are performing

My game in full screen won't exit I have to use task manager and stops responding when I minimize but on windows mode those things are fine

lmkrivcher

the one and only issue I seem to be having is related to the genie... when I direct my sim to clean it she gets stuck and nothing happens. Clean installed, patched all, no tuning mods, all min specs met.

Simming since 2000
ivinian

Crin - yes, I have to log out of Simport before I exit my game, or else I risk my entire Mac just going black screen of death. Alt-tabbing doesn't work either--I actually have to totally turn it off and on again to get my computer back online. I can't even remember the last time I had to do that.

DebugEnabler fixed the broken outfit causing my Sim to hard-reset whenever she went to work, so that's good.

My studio -- c'mon by and take a peek! ** CC-free.

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: