Joined: 05/30/09 02:17 AM
Hummmm I have vista but have not figured it out how to, but the virus scanner just find where you can schedual the scanning date, and time. I always do that once a week when I sleep! Hope this part helped!
To close unnecessary programs and processes on Windows XP:
1. Right-click a blank space on the Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager.
2. Follow these steps to close unnecessary programs:
1. Click the Applications tab to view the list of active programs.
2. Click on any program listed in this window and click the End Task button.
3. Repeat the previous instructions until all programs have been closed.
3. Follow these steps to close unnecessary processes:
1. Click the Processes tab to view the list of active processes.
2. Click the User Name column header to organize the processes by login.
3. Click on any program listed next to your Windows login, other than EXPLORER.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE, then select the End Process button
* Warning: Do not close any processes running under SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE
5. Repeat the previous instructions until all programs associated to your Windows Login are closed except for the following two: