Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Changing active household after weddings impossible.  XML
Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Longknife

I had an issue recently where I had a family of four (parents and twins) and one daughter was going to marry. I decided I wanted to follow this daughter instead of sticking with the old parents and the other, unlikely-to-marry daughter, but I ran into a problem...

After the wedding it asked me to set up the new households and assign an active household. I moved the bride and the groom to the groom's house and set them as the active family, but ran into a problem.

Processing...Processing...Processing...

NEVER stopped processing, and I waited a good 12 minutes. (Cause apparently I have nothing better to do) This frustrated me to no end and I stopped playing. Later I decided I'd try again after restarting my comp, and I got the same results. This got me curious, and I decided to test to see what exactly was causing the problem.

I tried turning all the graphic settings to bare minimum. No change.
BUT the way I setup the active household did change things.

Whenever I kept the current house I was playing in as the active household after the wedding, the changes would process successfully. Whenever my changes resulted in a NEW active household, the game just couldn't process it.

The groom moving into the current active household? Ok.
Switching the active household to the groom, THEN having the wedding and then having the girl move in with him? Ok.

Trying to switch the active household during the wedding via moving into a new house? No. Absolutely not.
Moving ALL family members to the new active house? No.

Come to think of it, all of my former weddings involved someone moving IN; never me moving out. Now that I'm trying to move out (sick of this god **** house), it's not working.

Is this a recognized bug? A work-around is of course to switch active household to the destination house and THEN marry, but it's still rather annoying. If I didn't do THAT, I'd be forced to use the same house for this family the entire game...

Kinaio

i had a problem with that at first idk but sometimes tat processing thing freezes so its best to save reight before the household thing comes up then try to c if u can move your newlyweds to the newhouse tats what i did but i didnt have any problems so i was glad
SimGuruLily

Hi Longknife,

Thanks for providing us with so much information, it will really help us in looking into this. Could you also provide the following if possible?

Was the Sim you were trying to marry an existing NPC or a CAS Sim you had made yourself?

When you got married, did you throw a wedding party or have a private wedding? If it was a party, was it at home or at a venue (and if at a venue, which one?)?

Thanks again!
Longknife

SimGuruLily wrote:Hi Longknife,

Thanks for providing us with so much information, it will really help us in looking into this. Could you also provide the following if possible?

Was the Sim you were trying to marry an existing NPC or a CAS Sim you had made yourself?

When you got married, did you throw a wedding party or have a private wedding? If it was a party, was it at home or at a venue (and if at a venue, which one?)?

Thanks again!

The bride was the daughter of a CAS sim and an NPC (To be more exact, Gwen "Glover" I think. One of the pre-made families that you just need to move in). The groom was an NPC, "Vincent Bachelor."

And it was a wedding party at home.
Cedra74

I have had exactly this problem as well.

I already sent it to the bug email address.

However, FYI, the sims were the daughter of two CAS.. but she was adopted, so she wasn't their genetic offspring (does that make a difference?).

And the groom was a NPC.

And the wedding was held in Central Park.
SimGuruLily

Thanks again guys, we'll be checking it out.
xravenezzx

i am having the same problem, i ended up going to bed and waking up this morning to see it was still processing! lol. This is the only thing i have a problem with in the game. Was trying to get a daughter of my sim married to a NPC guy, some Finkel and it kept processing and processing, i can do edge scrolling and minimize the game and CTRL ALT DEL show it's running so its responding, just getting stuck there.

EDIT: Just tried again and moved him into my current household, and behold! He was moved in. I see a pattern here lol. Now going to see if they can move out into a "new" house.

EDIT: I was able to move them into their own house after moving Finkel into my active household. Must be a bug that they cannot move into a household he came from?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/25/09 09:23 AM

Aiwe

I haven't had this bug, but then I haven't tried this exact scenario, what I have done though is moved a couple getting married into the groom's house but without switching active family, I was wondering if any of the people who found this problem could do that? (and then change active household from the edit town screen if desired). Just if they can that might be a more satisfying work around?
xravenezzx

Well see heres what happened to me.. My sim had a daughter, the daughter was getting married to Abraham Finkel, after having a private wedding i was trying to move my sims daughter in with Abraham Finkels household, i was not trying to make his household the active one. It froze, could do edge scrolling and minimize and maximize without problems, it just kind of got stuck on processing the move.

I can move him into my household first, then move them both out into their own household, but i don't see why i can't move them both into his old house at the time of the wedding.
knijk

I've run into the same problem, but without a wedding being involved. My sim had Iliana Langerak as a romantic interest, and was asked by her to move in. Doing so resulted in the endless processing. I hadn't saved for several hours so I can't immediately reproduce it again.
lsekc001

The same happened to me.

I was playing in windowed mode after starting the game with the launcher following the patch.

I had a private wedding at home. The bride was a CAS original. The 'groom' was an NPC from the Working Friends family. My CAS original did the proposing.

When the move dialog came up, I changed the new household name, selected to make it active and had the old house sold while packing the belongings. Endless processing resulted.

Of course I had to kill the game through windows task manager.

After reading through the forums a bit I did this next...

I created a shortcut to TS3.exe on my desktop. I started the game through the new shortcut and set the game to use full screen mode. I repeated the private wedding, etc, etc, and it seemed to work correctly, moving my new couple into the Working Friends household and making it the active household.
LilithxLucifer

I have a similar issue, except I was able to switch the active households. However, it says the new family is in the process of moving and won't let me edit the town or go into build/buy.

The hubby and wife were CAS sims and their son was born in-game. They had a wedding party at the beach (in Sunset Valley, the main beach) and the wife and her son moved into the hubby's house. The son, however, got stuck in a crib at the wife's old house, so I just sent the hubby over to pick him up and managed to get all the sims to the new house. But now it says I'm in the process of moving all the time.

I really like the neighborhood I was in and don't want to make a new one. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?? D=

BTW: I can't move the sims either because of the moving process it claims I'm in.
sharonymousrex

I have the same problem. My CAS Sim is trying to marry an NPC Kurt Shallow at the Gazebo in Riverside. I want her to move into his house. Endless processing is the result.
jyngo

I tried marrying Jamie Jolina and Eugene Hunter and I got the endless processing. I didnt save it either so when I went into it again she hadnt met him Ive since tried with Jamie and the Steel guy (she is now pregnant by him). I thought Id try merging the two families into her house, and now they are two complete strangers in the same household and she is no longer pregnant and become an elder!!
notaping159

i also have this problem. Has it been looked into yet?

Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: