Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Invisible Objects  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Crazymanatuca21

I've seen a few posts about invisible objects, however, my problem is slightly different. I've been playing this family for several sim days now and all of a sudden an invisible object appears and is blocking my sims path to the fridge. I had this happen before where out of the blue an invisible object showed up in front of my dryer and I had to turn it sideways to get access to it. I've tried going into buy mode and build mode and clt clicking the area where the block is to no avail. Any ideas?

amakachao

I've never heard of this issue. However I do know that certain objects (like stairs) have an invisible box right infront of them that your sim interacts with in order to use the object.

to see that invisible box you open the cheats panel. ctrl-shift-c

type:
testingcheatsenabled true

press enter. open it up again
then type:
buydebug on

now you can see things like the box that needs to be in front of stairs and things like fish and insect spawners.
while in this mode check the area where you are having the problem. did a box or something appear there? this method is the only way I know of that will show you the invisible objects that are necessary for game play (like for stairs).

When you are done checking the problem area, don't forget to type:
buydebug off

and then:
testingcheatsenabled false

A screenshot of your problem might also be helpful for anyone else who comes to this thread.

Crazymanatuca21

The invisible object is a 2X3 (like a dining table or something). I tried the above fix, but it didn't show anything. I have no clue what to do next. Also, I don't know how to attach pics.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/26/10 06:03 PM

ancia0613

I have the same problem. Suddenly my sim can't access his bed. When I tried to move things around the floor is blocked by 2x3 invisible object.
SimGuru_BGY_11

Hi there.

Can you post your DXDiag output for review, please?

http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_a
dp.php?p_faqid=21325

Thanks,

-Big Guy-

Mooki23

Crazymanatuca21 wrote:I've seen a few posts about invisible objects, however, my problem is slightly different. I've been playing this family for several sim days now and all of a sudden an invisible object appears and is blocking my sims path to the fridge. I had this happen before where out of the blue an invisible object showed up in front of my dryer and I had to turn it sideways to get access to it. I've tried going into buy mode and build mode and clt clicking the area where the block is to no avail. Any ideas?

I have this problem too but its a 1x1 object, i know its a table of some sort because my sim used it to prepare food on...problem is its blocking alot of objects.
Anyone know a solution because ive tried everything possible ingame without bulldozing the lot.
Wanghorn

after buying seasons, and getting patch 1.42, i've noticed a big problem...first noticed when traveling to egypt that sims got stuck on bridge and couldn't move..then strange things started happening..i'd play game and over a short time..areas on my sims lot were blocked from sims moving through..when trying to select it it says "ojbect blocking path" or something like that..and it progressively gets worse..where sims route extreme and strange paths to get to house door..and after a while they are blocked from getting to door or even off the lot..when i try to find the object to delete it through testingcheatsenabled and buydebug..nothing shows..i even have twallens overwatch on my game...i really need help..best thing i can do is i evict sims and house then buldoze lot to clear some things out but it doesn't always work or it doesn't last long..moreover to remove sim from lot resets his wishes etc which is annoying..been searching for a solution but can't find anything...i need help!!!!!!!!

celebrate the inprudent in you and in others, stay savory.
ceejay402

so now I wonder if a problem I'm having with a double bed is a blocked route. for some reason I can't get any of my sims to relex or sleep on one side of a certain bed. it doesn't matter which double bed. if I move the bed a couple tiles forward no problem. I don't even have bedside tables. I've never had this problem, I've used this bed many time but this problem is in the home I created in moonlight falls...so my problem seems more SN related I guess

also I do have a custom bookcase that is corrupted everything about it seems find until u place it. once placed it disappears and just leaves a shadow. if I don't undo the move the shadow remains and I can't delete

stunnedbunny

ceejay402 wrote:so now I wonder if a problem I'm having with a double bed is a blocked route. for some reason I can't get any of my sims to relex or sleep on one side of a certain bed. it doesn't matter which double bed. if I move the bed a couple tiles forward no problem. I don't even have bedside tables. I've never had this problem, I've used this bed many time but this problem is in the home I created in moonlight falls...so my problem seems more SN related I guess

also I do have a custom bookcase that is corrupted everything about it seems find until u place it. once placed it disappears and just leaves a shadow. if I don't undo the move the shadow remains and I can't delete

This just happened to my husband. Is there a way to delete the invisible object? He doesn't want to redoubt his house but it is in a really annoying place for the Sims to reroute around it all the time.
ceejay402

stunnedbunny wrote:
ceejay402 wrote:so now I wonder if a problem I'm having with a double bed is a blocked route. for some reason I can't get any of my sims to relex or sleep on one side of a certain bed. it doesn't matter which double bed. if I move the bed a couple tiles forward no problem. I don't even have bedside tables. I've never had this problem, I've used this bed many time but this problem is in the home I created in moonlight falls...so my problem seems more SN related I guess

This just happened to my husband. Is there a way to delete the invisible object? He doesn't want to redoubt his house but it is in a really annoying place for the Sims to reroute around it all the time.

hi stunnedbunny, so try this move the family/house in town edit to the clipboard and replace the land lot and put back house, good luck

Bily_jednorozec

Hi, it seems, this link don't work?
I'm sorry for a question: are You comming from EA to help us? I'm not understanding all in english language, but I've seen trying to see yours page something what I'm not understanding.
I wanna so much that EA begin finally to help us!

Crazymanatuca21 wrote:
The invisible object is a 2X3 (like a dining table or something). I tried the above fix, but it didn't show anything. I have no clue what to do next. Also, I don't know how to attach pics.

Which dimensions has "social jig"? This is visible only with buyDebug and game isn't deleting this correctly.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: