Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Grey Meadow, the Industrial Hub  XML
Forum Index » Create a World
Quailhogs

This is the big show venue, believe it or not. I got kind of annoyed because I constructed this nice building downtown to act as a concert hall, and then I saw that the big show crowd object was larger than the building, so I had to make this obnoxious thing instead. The other building is still intact. I will probably make it an apartment for one of the new families with the update.

And this is the private venue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/24/12 12:05 AM

Writin_Reg

Quailhog, I just had no choice but look, as I have real problems wrapping my head around any of your slightly creepy, mean simmies being entertainers and further more I just can't imagine it in my head, so I have to download and try it out for myself when it is ready. Hehehe

Can't wait - should be very IN-TER-RESTING. hehehe

Note: This is not meant to be insulting as yours are the only slightly creepy and somewhat meanie characters I ever play in my games - they intrigue me - but you have to admit it is like Alfred Hitchcock being introduced to star in Hair - the musical. I REALLY can't wait to see how it goes and will definitely be checking it out. I see a laugh riot coming on with your very straight lace sets of Sims.

Quailhogs

No offense taken; my characters don't exactly fit the theme of the expansion. I only plan on making one magician, singer, and acrobat for this world (honestly, the file size is getting too big for me to go hardcore with Showtime). I'm adding two families in the update and editing the traits of some of the Sims to make them more entertainment friendly (nobody ridiculous though, I'm not going to make the recluse in the burned down house a social butterfly or the mayor a diva).

Writin_Reg

I know their head would blow up from the experience. hehehe

I still can't wait to visit with each household and take a trip to one of the Venues with them. I can imagine some facial expressions may be priceless.

When it's ready I will definitely be downloading.

koenyycool

I don´t even know a word to describe the awesomeness of this world. I think many worldbuilders like me can learn a lot from you.

Quailhogs

Okay, this version shall introduce two new families.
The Blum family:

And the LaSalle family:

One family has a magician living there and the other has an acrobat. I am going to make Charlotte Burke the singer, so now I have one of each type of performer. These two families also come with new houses.

screechingvilnce

Ooh, I really can't wait to read the descriptions of these new households, it's pretty safe to say that one of the many things I absolutely love about your worlds is the sincere yet sarcastic descriptions you give each building and household.
Quailhogs

Okay, the newest version is out. This one didn't really change as much as the Pets and Generations update; however, there are some prominent differences as well as subtle ones that I would have to tell you in order for you to figure out: for example, I recolored all of the streetlamps in the industrial park. You really wouldn't have known that unless I have told you. Anyway, the link to the world is on the front page. Have fun.

geoffreypa

Been wateing for this Love you Man
steph_444444

I downloaded this world today and have been playing it. I must say, I find it great. Is that shorter red building next to the mayor's penthouse what you had planned as a theatre? I've also got one issue worth noting (so you could fix it if you ever release this world again). The Harrington Hotel Plaza has two day spas overlapping, only offset by half a tile (the Sunflower Spa and Sharma Day Spa). Of course, I deleted one of them, so it's really not a major issue, but just something to fix if you ever release a new version of Grey Meadow.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/29/12 11:53 PM

Quailhogs

Okay, that issue seriously annoys me. The spa from Riverview was the one with the previous version. I didn't have Riverview installed on my new computer, so the spa was not there... so I replace it with the base game spa. So now that I upload the world without the original spa in it, it happens to show up for people who have Riverview installed despite how I exported it without the Riverview Spa in it (which should be the only thing that matters). I really do not get this game. This version will constitute as a beta version I guess. You are all beta testers now. Congratulations!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/30/12 02:57 AM

Pritzooo

Quailhogs, you are an absolute genius! I've been playing this world since it came out and felt i should recommended it to those who are browsing through this thread. Download it, the world has so much quality/architecture! The building interior designs are so fascinating and different, and the families/stories are so fun to play with!

My current game story:
- One son of the Burkes (forgot his name, the movie career one) is impregnating a lot of his girlfriends, his sister is dating (and cheating on) Herbert Quailhog
- Mary-Jane is a teenage mother along with her elder mom, so the house is now cramped even more
- Eva rouge is a notorious dater, and single mother to a Burke son. Her vampire housemate (forgot his name) has impregnated her and his ex-girlfriend.
- The Foxtrots have adopted a boy and a girl, and have packed them off to boarding school
- Blightwood household has split up due to indifferences, both families drifting apart
And so much more! Wow, I now realise how weird the stories must look :S oops!
Quailhogs

Pritzooo, as soon as I saw the list, I got a little nervous (usually people make lists on my threads when they encounter glitches). I'm happy to see you are enjoying the world. It's always nice to see what other people are doing with the worlds that I make.

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Just grabbed the ST version and I was ready to report the issue with the two spa's overlapping eachother, but I saw someone reported it already...I'll start playing soon and see how it goes I really like it so far

TheNaelisSim

Just downloaded this and so looking forward to playing it, especially after reading through this thread from the beginning. Very curious about these families and I never use premade sims, but these will be my exception!

Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: