Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
♥-Wonderstruck Modeling-♥ Finale scores posted! ♥  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Emily4331

littlesmirk wrote:
Emily4331 wrote:Well

I lose.

Aww don't say that! I loved your photo!

But you see, it's human nature.

What's going to get looked at the most and adored the most? The pic with the good editing.

When there's a bunch of people who don't edit or don't edit as well and then one person who's really really good at it it's almost like no contest. D:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/12 04:37 PM

Kim323

Aww emily your is great! How did you get the little heart prints on it yes I noticed them!

Ahh nervous for judging my first elimination comp

Emily4331

Kim323 wrote:Aww emily your is great! How did you get the little heart prints on it yes I noticed them!

Ahh nervous for judging my first elimination comp

Thanks n.n

It's one of the effects you can use on picnik n.n one of the Valentine's day ones.

Kim323

Oh yeah I think I noticed that one Picnik is closing down soon Im so upset about that I dont know what else to use when I need to resize my pics and ad effects to them

loopyloo01

Location:Chilling on my throne, well I am the "Queen of Fabulous" right?

Kim323 wrote:Oh yeah I think I noticed that one Picnik is closing down soon Im so upset about that I dont know what else to use when I need to resize my pics and ad effects to them

Its actually moving into Google's tools (Eg Google Picasa, which already has some of Picnik's tools)

iXloveXcake

Location:In the Cage with Michael, Lucifer, and Sam Winchester

littlesmirk wrote:

Sorry had to add in my Supernatural love too lolol

But thanks Everyone is doing an amazing job ^.^

Ah, Supernatural...

Emily4331

loopyloo01 wrote:
Kim323 wrote:Oh yeah I think I noticed that one Picnik is closing down soon Im so upset about that I dont know what else to use when I need to resize my pics and ad effects to them

Its actually moving into Google's tools (Eg Google Picasa, which already has some of Picnik's tools)

Ah! I'm glad it's not closing down entirely! I'd be devastated!

littlesmirk

Location:Trying to decide if I should jump the brick wall or run into it.

Emily4331 wrote:
littlesmirk wrote:

I lose.

What's going to get looked at the most and adored the most? The pic with the good editing.

When there's a bunch of people who don't edit or don't edit as well and then one person who's really really good at it it's almost like no contest. D:

I am sorry, I'm not gonna lie I'm complete rubbish with in game shots. It's the reason I edit. Though what shouldn't matter is the edit, if someone elses in game shot is by far better then an edit then that should take free reign over the edit any day. Though, I can minimize my editing some, I'm not used to just reverting to just taking a screenshot and editing the lighting here and there. That shot, was actually very minimum on what I usually do. I am a heavy editor now, but I don't want to discourage anyone what so ever, so I will keep things to as minimum as I can.

I couldn't help but notice the talk on Picnik, have you guys tried GIMP? It's like Photoshop, might not have all the tools it has but it does work for editing as well to anyone who is interested in exploring it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/12 10:34 PM

rubygal25

Location:My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations

Emily4331 wrote:
littlesmirk wrote:

I lose.

Not necessarily, if you guys know Seren, she doesn't edit (at least I don't think so) and she makes she most amazing photos. Don't be so down on yourself, girl! You're better than you think.

Sorry I haven't been on lately, i've been having the most terrible migrane :/
Emily4331

littlesmirk wrote:
Emily4331 wrote:
littlesmirk wrote:

I lose.

I am sorry, I'm not gonna lie I'm complete rubbish with in game shots. It's the reason I edit. Though what shouldn't matter is the edit, if someone elses in game shot is by far better then an edit then that should take free reign over the edit any day. Though, I can minimize my editing some, I'm not used to just reverting to just taking a screenshot and editing the lighting here and there. That shot, was actually very minimum on what I usually do. I am a heavy editor now, but I don't want to discourage anyone what so ever, so I will keep things to as minimum as I can.

I couldn't help but notice the talk on Picnik, have you guys tried GIMP? It's like Photoshop, might not have all the tools it has but it does work for editing as well to anyone who is interested in exploring it.

I wouldn't want you to squander your talents just so my stuff wouldn't look bad compared to it. That's wrong.

I have gimp, but I was looking at it and had to clue how to use any of it :/

Sun2401

I hardly ever edit and I have done fairly well in comps. Judges look at a lot of things when judging. Your composition and idea should be first most and how you executed it. It is always a learning experience. Everybody is different and has something to bring to the table.

Emily4331

rubygal25 wrote:

Not necessarily, if you guys know Seren, she doesn't edit (at least I don't think so) and she makes she most amazing photos. Don't be so down on yourself, girl! You're better than you think.

Sorry I haven't been on lately, i've been having the most terrible migrane :/

I know her. When I put my mind to it, I know that I can take good pics. But I still feel like their inadequate when I see such crazy editing jobs.

For example, I was really proud of my pic for another comp:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/pinkpandapancakes/cute
butdeadly.jpg

But then other people come in with edited backgrounds that look so cool and I feel inadequate again.

I hate to be a downer, but if I never get it out it just eats at me D:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/12 11:02 PM

Emily4331

Sun2401 wrote:I hardly ever edit and I have done fairly well in comps. Judges look at a lot of things when judging. Your composition and idea should be first most and how you executed it. It is always a learning experience. Everybody is different and has something to bring to the table.

Yeah, but don't you ever feel like it isn't first and foremost? When people are putting in their pics most of the time when someone comments on them if they aren't edited that much the comments are: "cute." or "I like it."

But when someone edited something the reaction is always "Wow!" or "That's amazing!"

Kind of gets me after awhile D:

Sun2401

Emily4331 wrote:
Sun2401 wrote:I hardly ever edit and I have done fairly well in comps. Judges look at a lot of things when judging. Your composition and idea should be first most and how you executed it. It is always a learning experience. Everybody is different and has something to bring to the table.

Yeah, but don't you ever feel like it isn't first and foremost? When people are putting in their pics most of the time when someone comments on them if they aren't edited that much the comments are: "cute." or "I like it."

But when someone edited something the reaction is always "Wow!" or "That's amazing!"

Kind of gets me after awhile D:

Nope, never hapened in any comps I was in. Sometimes I like the nonedited pic over the edited. Here is an examle of one of my favorite non- edits

Ivy

And yes, you could learn a lot from Seren <3

Emily4331

Sun2401 wrote:

Nope, never hapened in any comps I was in. Sometimes I like the nonedited pic over the edited. Here is an examle of one of my favorite non- edits

Ivy

And yes, you could learn a lot from Seren <3

It just happened in 2 comps that I'm in

Yeah that pic is nice.

Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: