Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Los Aniegos - ~~PARADISE EDITION~~ Now Available!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Rukaya

Great pictures Cyberqueen. I have been playing some families with children and am more than ready for them to age up to teens and YA's.
Costerboi, are you still planning on releasing a repaired LA-ST? I really love this world but was having some concerns about the glitches. Particularly the route failures. I have been playing RC for a while now, but am really missing LA-ST. I understand that you are very busy, and I will be patient.
himawara106

I played the world now for several days and just want to thank you for it! It's simply perfect. I have read about those issues others are reporting and must say that I don't have any of them. But it would be good if there's a list of all of them so we can check them in our games.
Remmo

Hehe, grats on the birthdays, real and in game, CQ
Remmo

Just out of interest, do other people have the displaced traffic light and street lamps I showed in pictures on page 180?

If not, then this is worrying and I see what you mean CQ when you mentioned about windows and doors slipping.

Could this be an issue that effects different people when importing worlds and not others???
himawara106

Remmo wrote:Seriously, guys, the issues this world has are barely issues at all, so don't let that put you off. I must have played at least 30+ hours in it and it runs just as well as any other (note: I use Twallen's mods to keep the game runing well and tidy). The bugs we have been listing take no more than 5mins of your time to run through a fix when starting the world, and C.Q. is making it very easy with her lot fixes (which i have tried and tested )

Coaster, I have come across a few misplaced objects that need Caw to fix.

These are the lights near P. Diddy's cliff mansion.

Some floating guard rails on the hill to Capistrano Court

And some more along the coast road by the docs

It's also possible to smooth out a lot of the more severe road bumps without harming the surrounding landscape, although that may have been the rough road look you were going for?

Thanks again for this cool world, it's re-ignited my interest in The Sims

First pic - yes I also have this issue and the lights can't be deleted in edit town mode. But I think it's solely a cosmetic issue and doesn't affect gameplay.

The floating guard rails are a totally non issue for me, you have to look very carefully to even see this, but it can be easily fixed. Just click on them in edit town mode and they attach to the right place not floating anymore.

One question though: I have read the thread but can't find the lot fixes you mention from C.Q. On which page are they? Thanks in advance.
HappySimmer3

Gosh, himawara106, there are quite a few small things that need to be fixed - mostly with the high rises and the ST venues. I think if you go back to page 73 onward you should find the majority of them.

PS: I hope everyone figured out that I meant page 173 onward! Sorry for the goof.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/14/12 02:26 AM

himawara106

Ok thanks. I will check that. Haven't tried all the lots yet so that would explain why I didn't have any issues yet. It's maybe best to try the ST venues with a sim who has a showtime profession.
Dee1707

I love playing with this world. But I've recently cleaned out my bad CC and have used Custard to find the corrupt CC. This world is showing up in Custard as corrupt. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them?
Cyberqueen13

Dee1707 wrote:I love playing with this world. But I've recently cleaned out my bad CC and have used Custard to find the corrupt CC. This world is showing up in Custard as corrupt. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Custard shows ALL custom worlds as corrupt. Its fine.

I Dream of Sims
Cyberqueen13

Remmo wrote:Hehe, grats on the birthdays, real and in game, CQ

Aww, thank you. I guess you have to let kids grow up at SOME time

I Dream of Sims
Cyberqueen13

Rukaya wrote:Great pictures Cyberqueen. I have been playing some families with children and am more than ready for them to age up to teens and YA's.

Thanks and yeah I have other households that I am not attached to with kids that I wouldn't mind seeing aged up

The twins though, they were important to me for several different reasons so it was a little hard. Nice that I keep a saved copy of them though. I can always go back

I Dream of Sims
exotickitten

Remmo wrote:Just out of interest, do other people have the displaced traffic light and street lamps I showed in pictures on page 180?

If not, then this is worrying and I see what you mean CQ when you mentioned about windows and doors slipping.

Could this be an issue that effects different people when importing worlds and not others???

I had issues once with a downloaded world, I uninstalled it and redownloaded it, and the problems disappeared. Have you tried this? I recommend it. The install may have botched. Just redo it.

Oopsy.
Booo13

Can you release the CAW files.. c: pleasee
HappySimmer3

Just as an FYI and a running list for Coasterboi (should he choose to release a fixed version) I went through and copied the issues and some of the fixes (if fixing were possible without CAW) that have been posted on the thread. If I missed anything or anyone who contributed my apologies, and let me know so I can correct it. Thanks.

LA-ST fixes needed

1) I did have problems with the equestrian center, though. Sims kept getting route fail every time I tried to send them there until I edited the lot and removed the stage you had the building sitting on. Then it worked fine.

2) I kind of miss (Magic Kingdom lot), although the new lot looks very nice and is more functional with the new RH's instead of the WA registers. The sim I'm playing rode the dance sphere although I had to expand the area on the second floor above the spiral staircase because she had route failure. Spiral stairs don't like to have railing around them ever since Pets. Either delete the railing around the stairs or just add more flooring so that the fence is not right next to the stairs. (A pic of a way to fix it is on page 180)

3) The door on Nick's apt. needs to be replaced. Without doing so, he throws route failure about going home and if he does go to the bldg. he goes no further than the lobby, without replacing that door. After replacing the door he will go to his apt. as he should. (Don't forget that you need testingcheatsenabled true and then restrictbuybuildinbuildings false in order to make changes to apartments.)

4) Confirming earlier HS3 report that lot on beach shown as big show venue will not work as such and another big show venue really isn't needed since Binder Clips is placed. No options to even visit lot when it is marked as big show venue. I simply deleted the audience flooring and changed it to a beach (and didn't try to have a ST stage there).

Or, Cyberqueen13 has created a lot that combines the band stage with the ST stage but according to info I have heard, your band will not get gigs there, they can only jam. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5648634

5) So to get those views you have to go to this building "Adobe". But the doors must have shifted (yes things do shift) and you need to delete the 1st floor entry doors and place a new set(can be the same type door)and walla!

6) My sims couldn't enter the emerald city plaza building apartment and the door trick I used last time didn't work either. I had to get rid of the original doors and I also deleted the little side walls that stick out at the sides in front of the door.

7) The only one I have to add to the list so far is in the Sterling Home, 110 Beverly Boulevard, both beds have tables placed too close which prevent the families from sleeping, the poor things I wondered why Pat Gabriel was so grumpy each time I met him.

8.) I think I may have fixed the city hall stage, which is good because my sim is ready to kill the proprietor. The stage needs to have a 1x1 platform frame for the proprietor to be happy. Be sure to move the audience areas back one square as well and for the sim gods sake...ADD seating for the proprietor!

9) Alas, I have found a problem that I don't think any downloader can fix. There are routing problems from Lady LaLa's home. In my game Nick is living with her and I tried to route him first to the beach lot with the stage and after route failure occurred, then to the pier. Again, route failure. Once I had him drive almost out of the area I could route him to both those lots. I think it will require road adjustments in CAW

10) I have a location that I myself cannot repair. It was reported by a simmer earlier but I am just getting to this lot now, as my sim had an opportunity here today. Please see pic below as it appears that the proprietor will go to a section of the lot that my sim cannot reach him at and when she calls him over he cannot come out from under the wonderful city sign I love so much (this is in reference to a billboard in front of Binder clips stadium where sims can become stuck, and the items can't be moved by the player because they are not placed on a lot)

11) Expand the stage at the coffeehouse by one tile or DL cyberqueen's lot fix here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5652613

12) There are routing issues at the house at 5100 Bernardino Rd. Several families moved in and out and all seemed to be 'trapped' in the home because they kept getting route fail when they tried to leave. I finally bulldozed the house. The other house just down the street from this one seemed to be fine.

13) I found stuck Sims in Los Aniegos yesterday. There was a decorative garden area surrounded by hedges (that fence that looks like a hedge) at the Bistro near the golf course. Don't ask me how it can happen but I found two stuck Sims inside that area! I just opened the "hedge" at some points so they were able to move out.

14) There are some floating guard rails on the hill to Capistrano Court. Just a cosmetic issue, but to fix just click on them in edit town mode and they attach to the right place not floating anymore. There is also a traffic light that is partly in the road but that has to be fixed in CAW.

ISSUES AND FIXES REPORTED BY:
DOLLDRMS1
Cyberqueen13
Remmo
Happysimmer3
himawara106
Cyron43

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/17/12 12:09 AM

Remmo

Good work there, HS3, that should help a lot of people get LA moving again a little easier

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: